• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Informing/Responding...

Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP)

ehhh not really. in practice i'm really more of a

Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP)

responding-wise, i don't think i like to let others determine roles as much as i like to size up others first and modify my action accordingly. i think it's Fi-related.

Abstract/Affiliative...

Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

fo sho

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Chart the course - Rational - INTJ

I actually don't feel like I have much of a temperament.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
* Directing communications have a time and task orientation with an implication of urgency to get the task done. "Have your report to me by close of business today."
* Informing communications are designed to enroll the other in the process by providing motivation with relevant information. "Your report is an essential part of our project."
Can strong introversion mask true directive tendency?

* Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.
For sure

* Chart-the-Course (Directing and Responding). Typically knowing the plan and what needs to be done to reach the goal, they focus on keeping the team on track. (ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP)
* Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP)

I thought I had my type but now I'm not sure :doh:. As for Abstract/Concrete it's up in the air, but I know I'm pragmatic

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Its clear my interaction style is behind the scenes.

My speech tends to be more abstract.

What I'm not sure about is the affiliative/pragmatic dimension. I like to be automonous and when something needs to be done to just do it but I do care about having approval and buy-in from the group.

So that would narrow it down to INTP and INFP.

Going by temperaments, NT seems the best fit, followed by NF.

So INTP.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can strong introversion mask true directive tendency?
Yes, because the two factors are basically expressiveness and responsiveness, and since the expressiveness of introversion is low, you cannot readily see how responsive or not the person is.
So a BtS and CtC may look similar on the surface. You just see a more quiet person.
In Charge and Get Things Going will be easier to tell apart, because they are expressive, and one will be expressing directiveness, and the other, more friendliness (which in this case is associated with what is being called "informing").

Its clear my interaction style is behind the scenes.

My speech tends to be more abstract.

What I'm not sure about is the affiliative/pragmatic dimension. I like to be automonous and when something needs to be done to just do it but I do care about having approval and buy-in from the group.

So that would narrow it down to INTP and INFP.

Going by temperaments, NT seems the best fit, followed by NF.

So INTP.

That makes sense, because it is that was with me as well. I take that as the influence of the Interaction Style on the conative temperament. If BtS is Phlegmatic or Supine, and NF is also Phlegmatic or Supine, they will share a sort of reservedness and people-focus in common.
NT is Choleric (pragmatic, tough-minded, etc) and the diametric opposite, yet the Interaction Style will modify it, particularly on the social level (which Interaction Style is about, of course), and since BtS is more responsive to people, you will care a little bit more about approval than a directive NT.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Yes, because the two factors are basically expressiveness and responsiveness, and since the expressiveness of introversion is low, you cannot readily see how responsive or not the person is.
So a BtS and CtC may look similar on the surface. You just see a more quiet person.
In Charge and Get Things Going will be easier to tell apart, because they are expressive, and one will be expressing directiveness, and the other, more friendliness (which in this case is associated with what is being called "informing").

Thanks. This makes sense.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Directing/Informing - I do both. I use inform when I try to manipulate people to make them do what I want, or if I want to give subtle directions. I suppose I might prefer to direct though, but I'm unsure. I like being blunt, but at other times I feel guilty about it.

Initiating/Responding - I feel more comfortable responding, but I have tried to be more of an initiator lately. I think I prefer responding.
Actually, I just realized I identify way more with CtC than BtS.

ISTJ INTJ INFJ ISTP

Abstract/Concrete - Definitely prefer concrete on this one, although I do think that abstract things can be interesting.

Affiliative/Pragmatic - Again, I'm torn. I like working with others and cooperating, but I also like being an individual. I suppose I lean more toward the affiliative side, but when I want to accomplish things, I like to do them by myself.

So I have a choice between ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, and ISFP.

So really this narrows it down to ISTJ and ISTP. Weird. I thought I was more of a feeler...

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This guide is incredibly useful. It made me realize why I'm ENFP rather INFP. :headphne:

nelson

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't how I can change my "Type" in this page I hope I can. Cause I'm having problems choosing wether I am an INTj or an INTP, just tested INTJ, 1% J.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Still not sure - either ENTP or ENFP by that chart.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Directing/Informing - Definitely informing... I hate telling people to do anything... I'd much rather provide hints or like the description said motivation for someone else to just do it without me telling them.

Initiating/Responding - Fit better with responding... If I have to I'll initiate, but I really prefer to just sit back and wait for someone else to initiate...

Abstract/Concrete - No doubt that I'm concrete... I drive people crazy with it sometimes... People are always getting irritated that I can be so literal about everything.

Affiliative/Pragmatic - Suppose affiliative is the better fit here... While I tend to work alone better than in a group, I always seem to seek out someone to bounce ideas off of or discuss my ideas with to get their opinion first.

Hmm... By this I would be ISFJ... which I've contemplated before. Again, I think as I age I become more introverted...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your aclaratory note on affiliative sounds more E than F, actually. I think ESFJ is a good fit.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your aclaratory note on affiliative sounds more E than F, actually. I think ESFJ is a good fit.

Thanks. It's always hard for me to tell, because I really hate working in a group....but I do prefer to bounce ideas off of other people.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bouncing ideas off other people is Ne, generally speaking.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah it is, Ne would be your Tertiary if you were ESFJ, which is a function place that most people enjoy and relax with to some extent.

@ Aleksei: when did you go all ESTJ by the way, you were ENTP/ENFP last time we spoke :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I decided I'm probably more thinking than intuitive a few weeks ago... and I'm certainly no Ti-dominant. :laugh: So ESTJ is the best fit.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bouncing ideas off other people is Ne, generally speaking.

Ah, after a little research I can see where ESFJ is still my best fit. The clarification of Ne helped. Thanks again!