Thread: A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm.. I don't know about that. I don't necissarily think that I always function as an esfp. (I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. If you said that I was an ISFP I would also argue that. I'm just saying, I have a strong argument for both sides.)

Function wise, I think i'm more clearly an esfp.
    My se,fi,and te are kind of a mishmosh of sameness.

then the ni lags way behind. I would almost say the ni and si are about the same too.

But then in my actions i'm often isfp.
    I go through like, phases. Like right now, i'm going through a definite phase of isfp. I don't feel like talking to anyone, I want to stay at home with my dogs and clean and remain with very close friends and am happy by myself. (No, i'm not depressed.)

then I go through these phases of esfp. I can't stand being alone and all I want to do is party and socialize and work and shop and chit chat and giggle and make new friends. Those times are about equal in length to these times
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

I think you are both E. Small e but e nonetheless.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Extroversion doesn't really have anything to do with socializing though. Extroversion basically means that the person gets energized by interacting with the world, and introversion means that the person gets exhausted by interacting with the world. Introverts regain energy by being alone, extroverts cool off by being alone.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think you are both E. Small e but e nonetheless.
    You ISFP's are always trying to disown me.
    I'm about to permanantly change that x to a capital I and THEN how will you feel?
    Will you be happy with yourselves then??

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm.. I don't know about that. I don't necissarily think that I always function as an esfp. (I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. If you said that I was an ISFP I would also argue that. I'm just saying, I have a strong argument for both sides.)

Function wise, I think i'm more clearly an esfp.
    My se,fi,and te are kind of a mishmosh of sameness.

then the ni lags way behind. I would almost say the ni and si are about the same too.

But then in my actions i'm often isfp.
    I go through like, phases. Like right now, i'm going through a definite phase of isfp. I don't feel like talking to anyone, I want to stay at home with my dogs and clean and remain with very close friends and am happy by myself. (No, i'm not depressed.)

then I go through these phases of esfp. I can't stand being alone and all I want to do is party and socialize and work and shop and chit chat and giggle and make new friends. Those times are about equal in length to these times.
    that's how I am, too...just replace dogs with cats and we're all set
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Extroversion doesn't really have anything to do with socializing though. Extroversion basically means that the person gets energized by interacting with the world, and introversion means that the person gets exhausted by interacting with the world. Introverts regain energy by being alone, extroverts cool off by being alone.
    Right, and, like the post kind of implies, I am currently regaining energy by being alone. Becoming happier with less interaction. Doing my own thing, thinking my own thoughts.

Knowing that this probably won't last and i'll jump to the other phase.

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Both apply. I love people, I can get completely giddy off them and have a bunch of fun, keep going for hours and laugh my ass off with them, or be totally swept up in the convo. Other times, I just wanna be enjoying the ambiance and not have to talk. Not have to socialize. Not have to be nice. Just...be. Quietly observing and being amused at what goes on. Or even just be alone, stay at home 24/7, watch some TV while reading a book. In fact, I live my life like that, irl. Making me stay out, even with friends that I love, really really pushes me and makes me at some point lose all patience. At home, I'm not a burden to anyone and I can do my own thing. I recharge.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

You ISFP's are always trying to disown me.
    I'm about to permanantly change that x to a capital I and THEN how will you feel?
    Will you be happy with yourselves then??
    Come on now, you're like my extraverted sister. I want what's best for you. If you want I then you be I.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Come on now, you're like my extraverted sister. I want what's best for you. If you want I then you be I.
    Fine, i'll be an E then!!!! (Lays on the floor kicking feet and screaming.)

(Somebody needs to put me down for a nap.)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Both apply. I love people, I can get completely giddy off them and have a bunch of fun, keep going for hours and laugh my ass off with them, or be totally swept up in the convo. Other times, I just wanna be enjoying the ambiance and not have to talk. Not have to socialize. Not have to be nice. Just...be. Quietly observing and being amused at what goes on. Or even just be alone, stay at home 24/7, watch some TV while reading a book. In fact, I live my life like that, irl. Making me stay out, even with friends that I love, really really pushes me and makes me at some point lose all patience. At home, I'm not a burden to anyone and I can do my own thing. I recharge.
    Yea, I can relate to that...
    though not the alone 24/7. During my alone/TV/video game/ close friend/thoughts phases I still need the interaction of work and class to break it up.
    But then you also read that ISFP's are the most social of introverts.