User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

Informing, responding, abstract...pragmatic vs. affiliative got me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? I prefer to act independently and I tend to value individualism and "do your own thing."

This makes me INxP.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

Assuming this is accurate, looks like a good way to type other people as well since this is based on observable behaviour.

Damn American Cowboy Array Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I would think I'm Informing, definitely. Responding is more likely now but it's a tossup.

As for the other two categories, I'm Pragmatic > Affiliative, but I'm not sure about abstract/concrete. Let's say abstract, because I've been doing more of that recently. But on the other hand, I do love specific examples very much.

xNTP or xSFP. Since I'm neither Fi nor Se, let's say xNTP. XD

Assuming, of course, I know enough about the functions.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Informing + Responding = Behind-the-Scenes

Abstract Language + Affiliative roles = Idealist/Catalyst

= INFP

Hold on, the affiliative versus pragmatic thing is difficult. I thought it was a distinction based on people versus results. But if it's based on doing what's best for the group versus doing what's best for the the individual then I'm definitely pragmatic and not affiliative. Hmm.

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Directing and informing are really difficult for me. Around friends/family/people I'm comfortable with, I'm definitely directing. But when I'm in my sort of "I'm in public don't be a dick" state of mind, I'm more informing. Ugh I don't know.

Definitely responding.

So either chart the course or behind the scenes.

Definitely concrete.

Affiliative I think. Not sure.

So either artisan/improviser or guardian/stabilizer.

So basically, any ISxx type.

But guardian/stabilizer fits better I think. ISxJ.

I am unsurprised

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Member Array
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Thanks for the information. I read everything and ESFJ describes me to a tee. My cognitive style according to Linda Berens is Enhancing Mind. The types that are of the Enhancing Mind Cognitive Style are ENTP, ISFJ, INTP, and ESFJ.
    MBTI Type: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 2w3
    Enneagram Trifix: 2w3/6w7/9w8
    Instinctual Variant: so/sp
    Seasonal Colour: Warm Autumn
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Functions: Fe > Si > Ne > Ti
    Classic Temperament: Sanguine-Phlegmatic
    Sociotype: Fe-SEI (ISFp)/D
    Homeopathic Type: EFB (ESFP)
    Cognitive Type: FeSi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The first one for me was behind-the-scenes, and all I got from the second one was affiliative. Couldn't decide between concrete and abstract. I'm guessing I'm actually an INFP or ISFJ; slightly leaning toward ISFJ just based on how consensus-oriented I am.
    over the blackened moon
    I'll carry you away
    through the planets we fly

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I am quite clear that I am a responding type. It is also clear that I use the abstract language so much so, that even my husband likes to poke fun at me at the fact that I speak mostly in riddles. And I definitely take on Affiliative roles. It's the informing/directing communication thing that I am mostly stuck on. I do remember many a times in my life where I have offended others for speaking too in their faces when it did not seem that way to me, though now, many years later as I reflect deeper on it, it is clear that I should have taken a more softer stance. I am not blaming my mother for this, but she used to scream at me whenever I spoke clearly and, I guess, in a more directing form of speech, so maybe I took on an informing style of speaking out of some fear?

I do feel this very strange pattern that happens whenever I talk to somebody. If I must have them do something, I'll think of what I'm going to say, but then I feel this spiritual 'leash' around my neck, warning me to do it in a socially acceptable manner so as not to offend the other person. When it comes out or I blurt it out by accident, I feel embarrassed. At the same time, next to the more tougher xSTx types, I am definitely a weak bunny rabbit in comparison when it comes to speaking with other people.

Some real life examples of me talking to my husband on Facebook:
    yes
    still gotta work tomorrow but afterwards i am off all the way until friday august 5th
    and worst case scenario, yes, definitely go to the emergency room
    babe i am going to take a long nap, is it ok if i do the laundry tomorrow?
    your mom wants to watch amovie with menow so i shall leave. i will see u tonight
    hey babe <3
    what is the website u go on to download movies/
    ?
    baaaaaaabe
    am going to bed now <3 your mom and i had many deep talks in the night now we shall sleep <3 you can cuddle with me when you get home. i love you <3
    ????

EDIT: Just remembered something. I have a knack of letting other people know exactly what I'm going to do next. For example, I'll tell my husband what I'm going to do when I get home for work, what I'll cook, and which movie we can watch. Its like I'm afraid of leaving some important fact behind. I don't know if it even matters, though.

#yaaaaassss

MBTI
    KTAJ
    Enneagram
    2hu
    Socionics
    lol None

Step 1:
    I relate more to Informing and Responding, thus "Behind-The-Scenes".

Step 2:
    I guess abstract? I have a tendency (and preference) to think on patterns and conceptual things, such as life and death, and my thought process can be described as being abstract, seeing as it's so difficult to verbalize my thoughts.
    Huh? Well, I guess I could be pragmatic (maybe, maybe not, is this a thinking vs feeling thing? I'm not the type who generally cares about results unless desperate), so maybe I can be affiliative.

Step 3:
    INxP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.2)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.7)
    excellent use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP
    COMPLETELY SERIOUS SIG

kaleidoscopic, turbulent, assertive, judging
    Alignment: Chaotic Apple | Lawful Orange
    Type: 14 billion different ones
    Functions: ALL
    Enneagram: 37w34 - -324w3 - 78w-43 smh/spo
    Grysltherravenhufflshoff - Divergendauntwithoutabnecandor - All other factions/houses in existence
    Temperament: PhlegChlorSangWatermelons
    Pastafarian Gnostic Agnostic Ignostic Theistic Atheistic
    [Insert Jargon Deep Quotes Here lololol]
    Art Credits: Presumably kaoru (for the pic)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Informing/Initiating & Abstract/Affiliative, this means ENFP for me.
    Head triad - 7 > 6 > 5
    Body triad - 9 > 8 > 1
    Heart triad - 4 > 2 > 3

(7w6, 9w8, 4w5)

Melancholic / Phlegmatic temperament

[in answer to film critic why his films were always extremely violent] Because it's so much fun, Jan! - Quentin Tarantino