Thread: A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Informing/Responding...

Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP)
    ehhh not really. in practice i'm really more of a

Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP)
    responding-wise, i don't think i like to let others determine roles as much as i like to size up others first and modify my action accordingly. i think it's Fi-related.

Abstract/Affiliative...

Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)
    fo sho

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Chart the course - Rational - INTJ

I actually don't feel like I have much of a temperament.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

All Natural! All Good! Array

* Directing communications have a time and task orientation with an implication of urgency to get the task done. "Have your report to me by close of business today."
    * Informing communications are designed to enroll the other in the process by providing motivation with relevant information. "Your report is an essential part of our project."
    Can strong introversion mask true directive tendency?

* Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.
    For sure

* Chart-the-Course (Directing and Responding). Typically knowing the plan and what needs to be done to reach the goal, they focus on keeping the team on track. (ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP)
    * Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP)
    I thought I had my type but now I'm not sure . As for Abstract/Concrete it's up in the air, but I know I'm pragmatic
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Its clear my interaction style is behind the scenes.

My speech tends to be more abstract.

What I'm not sure about is the affiliative/pragmatic dimension. I like to be automonous and when something needs to be done to just do it but I do care about having approval and buy-in from the group.

So that would narrow it down to INTP and INFP.

Going by temperaments, NT seems the best fit, followed by NF.

So INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Can strong introversion mask true directive tendency?
    Yes, because the two factors are basically expressiveness and responsiveness, and since the expressiveness of introversion is low, you cannot readily see how responsive or not the person is.
    So a BtS and CtC may look similar on the surface. You just see a more quiet person.
    In Charge and Get Things Going will be easier to tell apart, because they are expressive, and one will be expressing directiveness, and the other, more friendliness (which in this case is associated with what is being called "informing").

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    Its clear my interaction style is behind the scenes.

My speech tends to be more abstract.

What I'm not sure about is the affiliative/pragmatic dimension. I like to be automonous and when something needs to be done to just do it but I do care about having approval and buy-in from the group.

So that would narrow it down to INTP and INFP.

Going by temperaments, NT seems the best fit, followed by NF.

So INTP.
    That makes sense, because it is that was with me as well. I take that as the influence of the Interaction Style on the conative temperament. If BtS is Phlegmatic or Supine, and NF is also Phlegmatic or Supine, they will share a sort of reservedness and people-focus in common.
    NT is Choleric (pragmatic, tough-minded, etc) and the diametric opposite, yet the Interaction Style will modify it, particularly on the social level (which Interaction Style is about, of course), and since BtS is more responsive to people, you will care a little bit more about approval than a directive NT.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

All Natural! All Good! Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Yes, because the two factors are basically expressiveness and responsiveness, and since the expressiveness of introversion is low, you cannot readily see how responsive or not the person is.
    So a BtS and CtC may look similar on the surface. You just see a more quiet person.
    In Charge and Get Things Going will be easier to tell apart, because they are expressive, and one will be expressing directiveness, and the other, more friendliness (which in this case is associated with what is being called "informing").
    Thanks. This makes sense.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Directing/Informing - I do both. I use inform when I try to manipulate people to make them do what I want, or if I want to give subtle directions. I suppose I might prefer to direct though, but I'm unsure. I like being blunt, but at other times I feel guilty about it.

Initiating/Responding - I feel more comfortable responding, but I have tried to be more of an initiator lately. I think I prefer responding.
    Actually, I just realized I identify way more with CtC than BtS.

ISTJ INTJ INFJ ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Abstract/Concrete - Definitely prefer concrete on this one, although I do think that abstract things can be interesting.

Affiliative/Pragmatic - Again, I'm torn. I like working with others and cooperating, but I also like being an individual. I suppose I lean more toward the affiliative side, but when I want to accomplish things, I like to do them by myself.

So I have a choice between ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, and ISFP.
    So really this narrows it down to ISTJ and ISTP. Weird. I thought I was more of a feeler...

Kultainen Kuningas Array Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

This guide is incredibly useful. It made me realize why I'm ENFP rather INFP.
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't how I can change my "Type" in this page I hope I can. Cause I'm having problems choosing wether I am an INTj or an INTP, just tested INTJ, 1% J.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I don't how I can change my "Type" in this page I hope I can. Cause I'm having problems choosing wether I am an INTj or an INTP, just tested INTJ, 1% J.
    here you go.. User CP -> Edit Details -> Additional Information