User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Directing/Informing--Informing. Directing is not my style.

Initiating/Responding--Responding. I am definitely more "slow paced."

Abstract/Concrete--I can communicate in both ways, but more often find myself communicating in a concrete manner.

Affiliative/Pragmatic--My first inclination, as the description says, is to act independently. Sometimes, this is to my own detriment.

So...taking all of the above into consideration, it seems I'm an ISFP. I've been "trying on" different types for awhile. This gives me yet another to "try on!"
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    No offense, but this is the same grouping as Ygolo's.

ENTPs have nothing in common with ESFJs or ESFPs. If you insist they are part of the same group, then you are denying reality.
    Heh heh, I'm willing to say we ENTPs do have some traits in common with the ESFJ and ESFP- in particular, our irresistible charm.

Yea- ENTP according to this.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ENTJ, according to this. Interestingly, that's actually my Socionics type.

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISFJ

Directing/Informing - I'm tempted to say Informing but the truth of the matter is, my caricatural façade leans towards Directing

Initiating/Responding - Initiating no doubt. And love the descriptions because that's exactly it. I have somewhat of a fear that I'll lose control over the group if I relax too much and become responding. I've been miserable in groups where I take the responding role.

Abstract/Concrete - Gonna quote Jennifer on this one because I agree with her words completely : "Abstract without a doubt, although I force myself to go Concrete as a communication point with S-types and also to support abstract judgments."

Affiliative/Pragmatic - I don't to be dependent on other people, and want to be in control in what is required of me.

What type would I be?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Informing
    Responding
    Abstract
    Pragmatic

By that method I´m a clear INTP. Interesting.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Responding, Concrete, Pragmatic are easy. That makes me isxp. It gets harder when I think about directing/informing or behind the scenes and chart the course. I prefer directing and chart the course but will take the informing, behind the scenes role too if it suits my purpose or am unsure. Who knows...

I suppose a preference for informing would be a preference for giving people space and that would be why it is linked with people orientation.

Why didn't you guys tell me that?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

That confirmed me as my type; I've never understood the directing/informing distinction before and wondered how I could be considered a directing type since I don't bark out orders, but reading Berens' explanation made it clear.

Directing/Informing - I do both. I use inform when I try to manipulate people to make them do what I want, or if I want to give subtle directions. I suppose I might prefer to direct though, but I'm unsure. I like being blunt, but at other times I feel guilty about it.

Initiating/Responding - I feel more comfortable responding, but I have tried to be more of an initiator lately. I think I prefer responding.

Abstract/Concrete - Definitely prefer concrete on this one, although I do think that abstract things can be interesting.

Affiliative/Pragmatic - Again, I'm torn. I like working with others and cooperating, but I also like being an individual. I suppose I lean more toward the affiliative side, but when I want to accomplish things, I like to do them by myself.

So I have a choice between ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, and ISFP.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Directing/Informing - I'm tempted to say Informing but the truth of the matter is, my caricatural façade leans towards Directing

Initiating/Responding - Initiating no doubt. And love the descriptions because that's exactly it. I have somewhat of a fear that I'll lose control over the group if I relax too much and become responding. I've been miserable in groups where I take the responding role.

Abstract/Concrete - Gonna quote Jennifer on this one because I agree with her words completely : "Abstract without a doubt, although I force myself to go Concrete as a communication point with S-types and also to support abstract judgments."

Affiliative/Pragmatic - I don't to be dependent on other people, and want to be in control in what is required of me.

What type would I be?
    ENTJ, same as me.

You know, I think you're wrong about having a weak Te.

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole