• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

stardusted

Is this for how you act at work/public or at home? I'm pretty different at work than I am at home.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I like the fresh concept of determining your mbti once again, unlike various hum-drum reads are out there. You can't trust the tests if you can't trust yourself. Someone please read the paper!! :rotfl:

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With this I think that I can be definitely an ISTP :p .

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is a pretty neat and elegant way to clarify type. I've been settled on INTP lately but Directing vs Informing... I definitely in my HEAD am Directing, but social/work realities force me to lead people by the nose to my (obviously correct) solution via Informing. Soooo, INTJ in INTP-ninja disguise? :happy2:

Last edited:

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love the fresh perspective here. I've been needing one for a while.

I got Directing/Responding for the top and Artisan/Improviser for the bottom. No surprise on the bottom there. The only temperament that I can identify with is SP/artisan, but I can relate to all of the SP types on some level. I'm actually much less confident in my my SP type than I probably let on. The description of Responding types here would peg me as more of an ISTP than ESTP.

It's worth considering anyway. Guess I have some thinking to do.

Last edited:

lapinchocolat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I keep getting INTJ, but I'm anything but J, and I really don't see much Te in myself.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What the hell? I come back to this thread five years later and I get ISP leaning ISTP? :huh:

Maybe I am confusing myself.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
It's a shame people don't realize how much these false dichotomies actually encourage unhealthy behavior and unsuccessful results in the real world.
You have to be flexible in dealing with people in business, for example, lest you end up delivering pizza for a living.

Most of my coworkers are not even close to balanced on these and yet none of us deliver pizza for a living. Weird!

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Interesting read, the last one stumps me, affiliative or pragmatic. What are some examples of each? It sounds like the affiliative is concerned with how getting to the solution of a problem or making a decision could affect others and the pragmatists could have the motto, the ends justify the means. Is this right? Personally I would probably be concerned with how solutions to a problem or decisions would effect others. thanks.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Informing, responding, abstract...pragmatic vs. affiliative got me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? I prefer to act independently and I tend to value individualism and "do your own thing."

This makes me INxP. :huh:

Flamme et Citron

Assuming this is accurate, looks like a good way to type other people as well since this is based on observable behaviour.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I would think I'm Informing, definitely. Responding is more likely now but it's a tossup.

As for the other two categories, I'm Pragmatic > Affiliative, but I'm not sure about abstract/concrete. Let's say abstract, because I've been doing more of that recently. But on the other hand, I do love specific examples very much.

xNTP or xSFP. Since I'm neither Fi nor Se, let's say xNTP. XD

Assuming, of course, I know enough about the functions.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Informing + Responding = Behind-the-Scenes

Abstract Language + Affiliative roles = Idealist/Catalyst

= INFP

Hold on, the affiliative versus pragmatic thing is difficult. I thought it was a distinction based on people versus results. But if it's based on doing what's best for the group versus doing what's best for the the individual then I'm definitely pragmatic and not affiliative. Hmm.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Directing and informing are really difficult for me. Around friends/family/people I'm comfortable with, I'm definitely directing. But when I'm in my sort of "I'm in public don't be a dick" state of mind, I'm more informing. Ugh I don't know.

Definitely responding.

So either chart the course or behind the scenes.

Definitely concrete.

Affiliative I think. Not sure.

So either artisan/improviser or guardian/stabilizer.

So basically, any ISxx type.

But guardian/stabilizer fits better I think. ISxJ.

I am unsurprised

bradly00

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for the information. I read everything and ESFJ describes me to a tee. My cognitive style according to Linda Berens is Enhancing Mind. The types that are of the Enhancing Mind Cognitive Style are ENTP, ISFJ, INTP, and ESFJ.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first one for me was behind-the-scenes, and all I got from the second one was affiliative. Couldn't decide between concrete and abstract. I'm guessing I'm actually an INFP or ISFJ; slightly leaning toward ISFJ just based on how consensus-oriented I am.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am quite clear that I am a responding type. It is also clear that I use the abstract language so much so, that even my husband likes to poke fun at me at the fact that I speak mostly in riddles. And I definitely take on Affiliative roles. It's the informing/directing communication thing that I am mostly stuck on. I do remember many a times in my life where I have offended others for speaking too in their faces when it did not seem that way to me, though now, many years later as I reflect deeper on it, it is clear that I should have taken a more softer stance. I am not blaming my mother for this, but she used to scream at me whenever I spoke clearly and, I guess, in a more directing form of speech, so maybe I took on an informing style of speaking out of some fear?

I do feel this very strange pattern that happens whenever I talk to somebody. If I must have them do something, I'll think of what I'm going to say, but then I feel this spiritual 'leash' around my neck, warning me to do it in a socially acceptable manner so as not to offend the other person. When it comes out or I blurt it out by accident, I feel embarrassed. At the same time, next to the more tougher xSTx types, I am definitely a weak bunny rabbit in comparison when it comes to speaking with other people.

Some real life examples of me talking to my husband on Facebook:
yes
still gotta work tomorrow but afterwards i am off all the way until friday august 5th
and worst case scenario, yes, definitely go to the emergency room

babe i am going to take a long nap, is it ok if i do the laundry tomorrow? :(

your mom wants to watch amovie with menow so i shall leave. i will see u tonight
hey babe <3
what is the website u go on to download movies/
?
baaaaaaabe

am going to bed now <3 your mom and i had many deep talks in the night :D now we shall sleep <3 you can cuddle with me when you get home. i love you <3

????

EDIT: Just remembered something. I have a knack of letting other people know exactly what I'm going to do next. For example, I'll tell my husband what I'm going to do when I get home for work, what I'll cook, and which movie we can watch. Its like I'm afraid of leaving some important fact behind. I don't know if it even matters, though.

flourine

MBTI Type
UnK
Enneagram
2hu
Step 1:
I relate more to Informing and Responding, thus "Behind-The-Scenes".

Step 2:
I guess abstract? I have a tendency (and preference) to think on patterns and conceptual things, such as life and death, and my thought process can be described as being abstract, seeing as it's so difficult to verbalize my thoughts.
Huh? Well, I guess I could be pragmatic (maybe, maybe not, is this a thinking vs feeling thing? I'm not the type who generally cares about results unless desperate), so maybe I can be affiliative.

Step 3:
INxP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.2)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Informing/Initiating & Abstract/Affiliative, this means ENFP for me.