User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think I'm probably INFP?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 50.00%
  • No

    1 16.67%
  • Can't tell

    2 33.33%
12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default Do you think I'm typed right?

    Wondering. Anyone who's been paying attention, do you think I'm really an INFP, based on my activities here? If not, then what?

  2. #2
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    No, you're clearly an ESTJ.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #3
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    LOL, thanks BlackCat. I just think it plausible I could actually be INTP or INFJ, because their profiles sound like me and I could be mistaken about which cognitive functions I'm actually using a lot of the time. You don't think so?

  4. #4
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    You're such an INFP it hurts. Trust me. You're an INFP for thinking you're not an INFP.

    I've read some of your longer posts and more thought out ones, you're pretty much INFP.

    However, I know you'll be curious. So check out this site- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type Look at the on a team, the actual type profiles, the problem solving section, etc. It's just an excellent site overall. Read everything under the "Learn more about..." sections under the "On a team" profiles.

    There is no way you're NT by the way. Striving to be realistic (and succeeding) doesn't make you NT, that just means you're exercising your Si function more. A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #5

    Default

    I just had a look. That site is really useful. Describes all the ENFP stuff quite well for me.

    On the topic: I agree on INFP. You seem quite INFP in your insights.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  6. #6
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're such an INFP it hurts. Trust me. You're an INFP for thinking you're not an INFP.

    I've read some of your longer posts and more thought out ones, you're pretty much INFP.

    However, I know you'll be curious. So check out this site- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type Look at the on a team, the actual type profiles, the problem solving section, etc. It's just an excellent site overall. Read everything under the "Learn more about..." sections under the "On a team" profiles.

    There is no way you're NT by the way. Striving to be realistic (and succeeding) doesn't make you NT, that just means you're exercising your Si function more. A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.
    +1

    A lot of INFPs also think they're INTPs because they've read poor descriptions of F/T.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #7
    Feelin' FiNe speculative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Based on what I have seen of your posts, if I had to guess at your type I would guess NF of some sort. Your avatar leans NFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.
    This is another reason why the Enneagram and its 9 levels of health, wings, instinctual variants, and levels of integration/disintegration go light years beyond what MBTI can do in describing a person's type. (If anyone can comprehend it on a useful level at that point. )
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

  8. #8
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Based on what I have seen of your posts, if I had to guess at your type I would guess NF of some sort. Your avatar leans NFP.



    This is another reason why the Enneagram and its 9 levels of health, wings, instinctual variants, and levels of integration/disintegration go light years beyond what MBTI can do in describing a person's type. (If anyone can comprehend it on a useful level at that point. )
    BlackCat isn't using MBTI here; he's using Jungian functions (which are not, by any means, rendered totally obsolete by the enneagram.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #9
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Would the person who voted 'no' tell me why not or what they think I am please?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're such an INFP it hurts. Trust me. You're an INFP for thinking you're not an INFP.

    I've read some of your longer posts and more thought out ones, you're pretty much INFP.

    However, I know you'll be curious. So check out this site- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type Look at the on a team, the actual type profiles, the problem solving section, etc. It's just an excellent site overall. Read everything under the "Learn more about..." sections under the "On a team" profiles.

    There is no way you're NT by the way. Striving to be realistic (and succeeding) doesn't make you NT, that just means you're exercising your Si function more. A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.
    Thanks, I've been looking through that site. I'm quite confident now that I'm not INFJ. I'm still working and thinking through the INTP stuff.

    I am surprised at the general reaction to this question so far. I thought I probably seem like a Thinker. What exactly is so F-like about me?

  10. #10
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    LOL, thanks BlackCat. I just think it plausible I could actually be INTP or INFJ, because their profiles sound like me and I could be mistaken about which cognitive functions I'm actually using a lot of the time. You don't think so?
    Sounds pretty much like me if you switch around the Ts and Fs. I've done quite a bit of reading online and the INTP profiles and descriptions of Ti dominance do seem to fit best, but I can also see parts of myself in INFP and INTJ descriptions. I have become more sure of INTP as I read these boards, but I can't entirely let go of the idea that this might be the result of confirmation bias, or flawed understanding of cognitive functions, or something.

    Anyways, I'm not confident with declaring your type, but I can say there's nothing you've said that would make me contradict it. I've seen a few things that suggest you're more of an NF (you've said that you don't value competence much, that it's easy to get into others heads and find inconsistencies in their "moral logic" or emotional reactions, that you're sometimes drawn to melancholy). To those who are certain there's "no way" she's an NT, what makes you say no way?

    Have you searched for "INTP or INFP" on these forums? It turns up quite a few discussions. I know Jennifer's explained some of the common differences on several threads.

Similar Threads

  1. So, what do you think my MBTI type is?
    By Arthur Schopenhauer in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
  2. [ENTJ] ENTJs- how do you think about other types?
    By Tamske in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM
  3. What do you think of these type descriptions?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:08 AM
  4. Obama's handwriting got revealed... What do you think of his type?
    By IEE623 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO