MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    ENTP with highly developed Fe.
    Yes that's what I was thinking. But I figured it was implied based on the replies. Perhaps he's gone through some tertiary temptation and had his Fe developed to an unusually high level?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You sound like you use Fe over Fi (keeping the peace!) so ENTP makes a whole lot more sense than ENFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

The part that makes me think he's not an ENTP is really the part about saying "i love you" first. It takes a long time for me to even know I love someone. So if I were saying this honestly (and that's the only option with me), I can't imagine repeatedly being the first to say it.

The only exception would be if I were saying "I love you" the way I might say "I love puppies" or "I love ice cream" ... in that blatantly casual way ... not the let's-run-away-together way.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    You sound like you use Fe over Fi (keeping the peace!) so ENTP makes a whole lot more sense than ENFP.
    That doesn't necessarily have to be a Fe thing. I know that for me and my INFP father, it's a Fi thing. (And I confess I have yet to meet an NTP with this attitude...) I guess it might have a correlation with enneagram too, though I'm not too educated in this area so I can't really judge.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

INTP.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Thanks for the replies. Wow, where to begin.. I read the ENTP description and it does seem very accurate. I don't think there was any part of the description that didn't apply to me. A Rational who thinks he's an Idealist, that's a neat trick.

I'm not an INTP, that I am fairly certain of. I know some INTPs and I often find myself playing the role of INTP-Interpreter. I'm one of the few that can understand their arcane theories (no offense to INTPs, they're brilliant but confusing) and can articulate them in a way that others can understand and appreciate. I don't think I come across as cerebral as an INTP.

I looked up Tertiary Temptation, which is new to me. The ENTJ description on the Tertiary Defense page made sense. Wish there was a similar description for ENTP, because I'm having trouble understanding how this would play out. Does an overdeveloped Fe imply an underdeveloped Ti?

I had some additional self-observations yesterday, if this helps clarify my type (I'll spare you the smilies):

- Although public speaking can make me anxious, I'm actually pretty good at it. I can be very articulate and it feels like I have a teleprompter in my mind. I know exactly what to say and how to say it, so much so that sometimes I surprise myself. "Woah, did I just say that? That sounded amazing!" Sometimes it feels like someone smarter than myself is speaking through me. Gives me a weird disembodied feeling, like I'm separate from myself watching me speak.
    - Getting back to the "I love you" part. Yes, I say it first, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm ready to run away and spend the rest of our lives together. It certainly means more than "I love ice cream", more like a deep caring and emotional bond. Maybe I do throw the term around too casually, but if you have deep feelings for someone I see no reason to hold back or hide the truth.
    - I don't like being the center of attention or star of the show and prefer to be on the sidelines. But I have to admit, I hate being ignored. Ever been in a group situation where everyone's initiating conversation with each other, except for you? That gets on my very last nerve. It's as if they're saying "you're not worth talking to", which I can't help but find insulting. A little bit of ego insecurity on my part, I guess.
    - I often feel like I have a higher EQ than those around me. I seem to have more empathy, not prone to emotional outbursts, can respond constructively to other people's emotions. Perhaps that's why I keep identifying with NF (not that they have a monopoly on EQ..).
    -For the past several years, I have become very attracted to the idea of coaching. The one-on-one relationship building, the guidance, the problem solving.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by anonywuss View Post
    Does an overdeveloped Fe imply an underdeveloped Ti?
    Generally yes. This is how it is with me, my Ni got super developed due to how I was raised and the life situation that I was in. My Se didn't start to kick in until several months ago, and I'm 19. I was convinced I was an INFP for about a year and a half, and even then I knew something wasn't right with the INFP typing (since I didn't really do Ne).

If your Ti is underdeveloped I'd suggest you get to work... it will do wonders for you.

Also if you have a high EQ you would definitely be confused with an F on the surface. I've got a high IQ and I get confused for being a T pretty regularly on the surface.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ?

I'd guess IxFP.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

isfp..
    maybe infp.

I think some SP's start off thinking that they are N because they are thinking more outside the box when that could be more like that SP creativity. Some of the stuff you said screams SP to me, not NT or NF.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't see how he could be an "I" because of this:

I don't like being the center of attention or star of the show and prefer to be on the sidelines. But I have to admit, I hate being ignored. Ever been in a group situation where everyone's initiating conversation with each other, except for you? That gets on my very last nerve. It's as if they're saying "you're not worth talking to", which I can't help but find insulting. A little bit of ego insecurity on my part, I guess.
    He also seems more Fe than Fi, which doesn't make sense for any FP type.

This statement makes me pretty damn sure he's an ENTP:

I'm one of the few that can understand their arcane theories (no offense to INTPs, they're brilliant but confusing) and can articulate them in a way that others can understand and appreciate