• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guess my type! (you know you want to)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP with highly developed Fe.

Yes that's what I was thinking. But I figured it was implied based on the replies. :) Perhaps he's gone through some tertiary temptation and had his Fe developed to an unusually high level?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You sound like you use Fe over Fi (keeping the peace!) so ENTP makes a whole lot more sense than ENFP.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The part that makes me think he's not an ENTP is really the part about saying "i love you" first. It takes a long time for me to even know I love someone. So if I were saying this honestly (and that's the only option with me), I can't imagine repeatedly being the first to say it.

The only exception would be if I were saying "I love you" the way I might say "I love puppies" or "I love ice cream" ... in that blatantly casual way ... not the let's-run-away-together way.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
You sound like you use Fe over Fi (keeping the peace!) so ENTP makes a whole lot more sense than ENFP.

That doesn't necessarily have to be a Fe thing. I know that for me and my INFP father, it's a Fi thing. (And I confess I have yet to meet an NTP with this attitude...:huh:) I guess it might have a correlation with enneagram too, though I'm not too educated in this area so I can't really judge.

anonywuss

Thanks for the replies. Wow, where to begin.. I read the ENTP description and it does seem very accurate. I don't think there was any part of the description that didn't apply to me. A Rational who thinks he's an Idealist, that's a neat trick.

I'm not an INTP, that I am fairly certain of. I know some INTPs and I often find myself playing the role of INTP-Interpreter. I'm one of the few that can understand their arcane theories (no offense to INTPs, they're brilliant but confusing) and can articulate them in a way that others can understand and appreciate. I don't think I come across as cerebral as an INTP.

I looked up Tertiary Temptation, which is new to me. The ENTJ description on the Tertiary Defense page made sense. Wish there was a similar description for ENTP, because I'm having trouble understanding how this would play out. Does an overdeveloped Fe imply an underdeveloped Ti?

I had some additional self-observations yesterday, if this helps clarify my type (I'll spare you the smilies):

- Although public speaking can make me anxious, I'm actually pretty good at it. I can be very articulate and it feels like I have a teleprompter in my mind. I know exactly what to say and how to say it, so much so that sometimes I surprise myself. "Woah, did I just say that? That sounded amazing!" Sometimes it feels like someone smarter than myself is speaking through me. Gives me a weird disembodied feeling, like I'm separate from myself watching me speak.
- Getting back to the "I love you" part. Yes, I say it first, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm ready to run away and spend the rest of our lives together. It certainly means more than "I love ice cream", more like a deep caring and emotional bond. Maybe I do throw the term around too casually, but if you have deep feelings for someone I see no reason to hold back or hide the truth.
- I don't like being the center of attention or star of the show and prefer to be on the sidelines. But I have to admit, I hate being ignored. Ever been in a group situation where everyone's initiating conversation with each other, except for you? That gets on my very last nerve. It's as if they're saying "you're not worth talking to", which I can't help but find insulting. A little bit of ego insecurity on my part, I guess.
- I often feel like I have a higher EQ than those around me. I seem to have more empathy, not prone to emotional outbursts, can respond constructively to other people's emotions. Perhaps that's why I keep identifying with NF (not that they have a monopoly on EQ..).
-For the past several years, I have become very attracted to the idea of coaching. The one-on-one relationship building, the guidance, the problem solving.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does an overdeveloped Fe imply an underdeveloped Ti?

Generally yes. This is how it is with me, my Ni got super developed due to how I was raised and the life situation that I was in. My Se didn't start to kick in until several months ago, and I'm 19. I was convinced I was an INFP for about a year and a half, and even then I knew something wasn't right with the INFP typing (since I didn't really do Ne).

If your Ti is underdeveloped I'd suggest you get to work... it will do wonders for you.

Also if you have a high EQ you would definitely be confused with an F on the surface. I've got a high IQ and I get confused for being a T pretty regularly on the surface.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
isfp..
maybe infp.

I think some SP's start off thinking that they are N because they are thinking more outside the box when that could be more like that SP creativity. Some of the stuff you said screams SP to me, not NT or NF.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't see how he could be an "I" because of this:

I don't like being the center of attention or star of the show and prefer to be on the sidelines. But I have to admit, I hate being ignored. Ever been in a group situation where everyone's initiating conversation with each other, except for you? That gets on my very last nerve. It's as if they're saying "you're not worth talking to", which I can't help but find insulting. A little bit of ego insecurity on my part, I guess.

He also seems more Fe than Fi, which doesn't make sense for any FP type.

This statement makes me pretty damn sure he's an ENTP:

I'm one of the few that can understand their arcane theories (no offense to INTPs, they're brilliant but confusing) and can articulate them in a way that others can understand and appreciate

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
For the OP: Apart from reading and movie watching, what are your hobbies? And what do you like about them?

anonywuss

Don't really have time for hobbies. I like to think of my work as one giant hobby. After all, we spend most of our lives working, so I want to make sure my work is something I do for fun. The entrepreneurial work I enjoy the most is both people-centric and technological (e.g.: a social networking website).

If I had to choose something else, it would be traveling. I love learning new cultures and languages. I also like the novelty of new people, foods, situations, etc.. The more exotic (i.e.: non-Western), the better.

Typology is an obvious hobby. I like to know what makes people (and me) tick.

I'm not really into playing sports (watching, even less), but I do like skiing, going to the gym, hiking. Would like to learn how to sail someday.

anonywuss

So I've been reading ENTP Personal Growth to learn more about the type and Ne Ti Fe Si. It's been an enlightening read and since it's such a good fit, I can only conclude that I am indeed an ENTP.

This has been me, for most of my life:
"Leaps of perception, new ideas and strange but fascinating juxtapositions are wonderful for the potential freshness and possible success they might bring. But if not carefully appraised and chosen wisely they can also take us far from the right path in life, take us from our friends, spoil our relationships and even bring personal or financial disaster. Without a well developed thinking function, the ENTP is always in danger of leaping over social, financial and personal constraints for the sake of following a new vision."

Everything else on the page seemed like a good fit as well. These days, I think more carefully before I leap. So something's certainly changed. But that Ne is some powerful stuff, lol.. and it's got to be followed (cautiously).

I find it fascinating that because of my desire to counsel, coach and build relationships, that I've thought of myself as an Idealist INFJ, ENFJ, INFP, or ENFP. Rational ENTP wasn't even on the radar.

It's not every weekend that you have a little self-revelation. :) Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my posts and offer your suggestions/predictions. I'm much obliged!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^You really want that 500 posts custom title don'cha? :newwink:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You seem like an ENFP or a really hyper-on-the-net INFP.
EDIT: Oh never mind, ENTP works too. :D
Welcome to the club, brother!

anonywuss

@Momdo: Thanks. I know ENFPs and INFPs. It's clear to me now that I'm not them.

@justxher: For an ISFP, you seem very ambitious.. and astute. I know an ISFP well and you seem like an anomaly. Sure you're not Ni > Te > Si > Fe? Maybe I need to start sifting through those 426 posts of yours...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I actually don't want to, know why?

Because of the ol' adage, "know thyself"

You should know who you are, and therefore which type best suits/reflects you.

:)

anonywuss

You should know who you are, and therefore which type best suits/reflects you.
:)

You're right, of course. I should know myself, especially by now.

But how many of us truly know ourselves? Life is a journey. We only see ourselves reflected in others. And every response to this thread has been a reflection back to me.

Thank you SillySapienne for your reflection. :hug: