User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: What type am I?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default What type am I?

If you've noticed, I started out with the type in my profile as ENFJ. It's been bouncing back and forth between ENFJ and INFJ and even, once or twice, ENFP. I really want to make a decision and not second guess, but even using cognitive processes, I can't seem to decide.

My Socionics test results (on the first one I got ENFp): Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL

My humanmetrics Jung test results (I've taken two, same type each time):
    Extraverted=33% Intuitive=38% Feeling=50% Judging=22%
    moderately expressed extravert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

-I pick up traits from other types very easily.
    -I appear very random, but I make the most odd connections between things.
    -I love trying to find connections between things.
    -A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
    -I have been described as "very intellectual".
    -I am shy and timid.
    -I can come across as cold and bitchy if you piss me off.
    -I bottle things up and let them leak out with very, very NTPish sarcasm.
    -I can be very logical.
    -I am organized, but not neat.
    -I love organizing things.
    -I have ADD .
    -IQ 141.
    -I will deflect on certain subjects.
    -I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
    -I used to love to read, but now it can bore me and I would rather socalize.
    -I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.

I am tired. Sorry I couldn't add more.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Hmm, from just the OP, it seems as if you value Ne.

I say just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies (most importantly, why are you interested in them? What is it that draws you and appeals to you about them?), and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Thanks for the questiions. And the quoting, by the way. I'm not sure about group behavior, but here's the rest:

I like to watercolor - it's very relaxing. Especially with all the pent up emotion.
    In a person, I value an open mind and friendliness. I gravitate towards those who are the easiest to read, because I always strive to understand people, and those who are the most outspoken or expressive. When I communicate, I'll use humor if I like you, and I'll share those random thoughts with you. But my N(Ni or Ne) has to okay you first. My values are wisdom, not to be confused with intelligence, and then harmony, being unique, and people.

On hobbies and interests, I love music, art, and literature. My kind of music is punk rock or rock and sometimes metal - another emotional vent. I have three emotional vents - sarcasm, music, and destrucion of property ^^. I like abstract art, because then there can be many interpretations, and mean many different things to many different people, and have the same value for each person. And when people paint, if it's the good kind of painting, they pour a bit of their soul in to every painting that shows who they really are. Same thing with literature. I get bored with non-fiction, but I love to write and read fiction. You can put a little bit of yourself in to each character, and creating new circumstances for the characters is like testing that part of yourself, and you can learn so much more about someone by reading their fictional stories than their non fiction.

Have a great time trying to untangle that mess. I'd write more but I need to get at least some sleep this week.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    xxxx

Be my "it's complicated" on Facebook?

From the limited amount of information I can get from your post, you appear to be an ENxP. I'd elaborate if I had more time, but your driving motivation (read: dominant function) would appear to be Ne. Given your enjoyment of being organized and logic, but not neat, I would suggest a possibly Ti>Te, possibly implying ENTP

But I leave it at ENxP.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFP

From what I've observed of you on this forum you don't seem ENTP at all.

I could definitely see ENFP from what you've described, though. Very much so.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Have a great time trying to untangle that mess. I'd write more but I need to get at least some sleep this week.
    I hope you answer the other questions, and more thoroughly when you aren't tired. The only thing I'm 100% positive about is you being a Ne valuer (the clear emphasis on "many interpretations"). ENFP is definitely in the realm of possibilities.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

INFP. Or that's the idea I'm getting.

Without a few points I'd be leaning toward SFP even.

One question that will divide between INFP and INFJ is: How do you think you can understand people?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    If you've noticed, I started out with the type in my profile as ENFJ. It's been bouncing back and forth between ENFJ and INFJ and even, once or twice, ENFP. I really want to make a decision and not second guess, but even using cognitive processes, I can't seem to decide.

My Socionics test results (on the first one I got ENFp): Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL

My humanmetrics Jung test results (I've taken two, same type each time):
    Extraverted=33% Intuitive=38% Feeling=50% Judging=22%
    moderately expressed extravert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

-I pick up traits from other types very easily.
    -I appear very random, but I make the most odd connections between things.
    -I love trying to find connections between things.
    -A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
    -I have been described as "very intellectual".
    -I am shy and timid.
    -I can come across as cold and bitchy if you piss me off.
    -I bottle things up and let them leak out with very, very NTPish sarcasm.
    -I can be very logical.
    -I am organized, but not neat.
    -I love organizing things.
    -I have ADD .
    -IQ 141.
    -I will deflect on certain subjects.
    -I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
    -I used to love to read, but now it can bore me and I would rather socalize.
    -I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.

I am tired. Sorry I couldn't add more.
    I mean, I personally thought ENFJ was perfect, and I never doubted it from your posts, but the questions you need to ask are 1) which mode are you in the vast majority of the time, and 2) which mode acts as a supporting role that you utilize to serve the needs of the other?

What's your Temperament?

What's your Interaction Style?

Put them together, and you get a type!
    Hello

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You definitely strike me as an Idealist.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx