• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am pretty sure I am INFP but I am not without doubt. Over the past year, or even two years, I have changed so much that I wonder if my functions were too weak to be typed.

- I used to be an English Literature major but now I want to be a Political Science major. I can't see myself being any kind of a leader though. I prefer solitary and independent work. I want to be a professor and value advanced education very much.
- I seem to be more materialistic and more concerned with prestige than I used to be. Maybe I just realized how to hide my insecurities behind a fake facade and how effective that can be.
- I have become more cold toward relationships. I no longer see them as warm and fuzzy. I am quite overly rational about them. I don't think love is a 'feeling' at all. I think it should be analyzed and taken apart. Love is a conscious choice.
- I have become more assertive/ aggressive in expressing my opinions/ideals. I do sometimes still wonder if I am correct and compassionate in doing so though.
- I am extremely judgmental of others.
- Independence of thought and action is very, very important to me.
- I do not regard humans as superior to animals. That idea enrages me. Arrogance of humankind is so aggravating.
- I am more sociable, more open to small talk and smiling at strangers.
- I feel that I am very capable of being manipulative, to get what I want, and I don't feel bad about that.
- I have a deep problem with commitment and prefer short-term, intense relationships.
- I used to write a lot but now I can't seem to let go and experience 'emotions'.
- I find over-sentimentality extremely, extremely annoying lately.
- I admire intellect (rationals) a great deal and wish I am one of them.
- I value efficiency over sentiments.
- I very stubbornly believe in my ideals and principles.
- The idea of religion frustrates me.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
INxJ. I say Judging because of your way of writing. I don't think it has anything to do with being judgmental. More likely to be INTJ - I see a whole lot of Ti that could be mistaken as Fe. Not as much Fi, and definitely some Ne or Ni. I'm using MBTI and cognitive functions, but take a look at this if you haven't already: Logical-Intuitive Intratim

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I am pretty sure I am INFP but I am not without doubt. Over the past year, or even two years, I have changed so much that I wonder if my functions were too weak to be typed.

- I used to be an English Literature major but now I want to be a Political Science major. I can't see myself being any kind of a leader though. I prefer solitary and independent work. I want to be a professor and value advanced education very much.
- I seem to be more materialistic and more concerned with prestige than I used to be. Maybe I just realized how to hide my insecurities behind a fake facade and how effective that can me.
- I have become more cold toward relationships. I no longer see them as warm and fuzzy. I am quite overly rational about them. I don't think love is a 'feeling' at all. I think it should be analyzed and taken apart. Love is a conscious choice.
- I have become more assertive/ aggressive in expressing my opinions/ideals. I do sometimes still wonder if I am correct and compassionate in doing so though.
- I am extremely judgmental of others.
- Independence of thought and action is very, very important to me.
- I do not regard humans as superior to animals. That idea enrages me. Arrogance of humankind is so aggravating.
- I am more sociable, more open to small talk and smiling at strangers.
- I feel that I am very capable of being manipulative, to get what I want, and I don't feel bad about that.
- I have a deep problem with commitment and prefer short-term, intense relationships.
- I used to write a lot but now I can't seem to let go and experience 'emotions'.
- I find over-sentimentality extremely, extremely annoying lately.
- I admire intellect (rationals) a great deal and wish I am one of them.
- I value efficiency over sentiments.
- I very stubbornly believe in my ideals and principles.
- The idea of religion frustrates me.

From what you wrote you sound extremely INTJ to me. Apart from the functions, which would fit I believe (I can see lots of Te and Fi, but definitely more Te), almost everything you wrote could have been taken from both my INTJ mum's (at least the young version's) and close friend's mouth. Lately I've come to believe that types can either change or become 'clearer' over time, and INFP and INTJ are actually quite close, so it's possible your type has become distinct only now.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
"Ti that could be mistaken as Fe." -> How would that work? *squints eyes*

"Their gait is somewhat unsure, wavering slightly. Sometimes it seems like they are not sure where they are going. This becomes more obvious in moments of excitement." -> This is very true for me. I am never graceful when moving, always awkward and clumsy.

"NTjs live in a world of their own conception. They simply ignore rules, concepts and directives that do not suit them." -> Extremely true. I question everything, marriage, sex, religion, politics, etc, etc.

The INFP profile at the site fits me almost 100%, but I can't get over how aggressive my thinking have become.

It is very interesting to me that I can even pass off as INTJ.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
If it fits you, declare yourself INFP. But they're all so adorable ^^

Not that you're any less adorable, of course...