12311 Last

MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

Default Can INFPs have high IQs?

Thanks for clearing that up, everything you said applies.

From memory INFPs are one of the more common high IQ types. They are quite good in science and in language, and have a lot higher concentration level than us ENFPs (though I'm yet to meet an ENFP who I'd call stupid).

You may also find the last point on personalitypage about INFP strengths in personal growth useful.

Usually deep and intelligent, they're able to grasp difficult concepts with relative ease. They usually do quite well academically, and will find that educating their minds nourishes their need to think deeply.
    Intelligent and cynical humour is common for INFP. Feel gifted enough to be one of those who doesn't miss the joke .

I'll note it is normally far less on display than NTs though. An INFP who I knew really well was in the top few at school, and he hardly mentioned school work or looked academic. Didn't turn up for his award at the end of final year either, because he thought it was all a big wank.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

no, entp only !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP

Ne can make people very very clever. And being sensitive doesn't make someone incapable of thought.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    Ne can make people very very clever. And being sensitive doesn't make someone incapable of thought.
    As can Fi. In many cases (including some in science) a holistic approach and awareness of cause and effect in the wider system is actually superior to the linear logical approach. Don't tell anyone though .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Any type "can" have a high IQ (though some types have higher proportions of gifted people; as noigman mentioned INFPs are actually one of these). There are gifted people of all types. If you stick around here for a while you'll see there are plenty of intelligent INFPs around (as well as other bright Fs).

From the IQ thread, this might be useful.

Predicted likelihood of being "gifted" among senior secondary students, given you know what type they are.
    P(Gifted | INTP) = 16.99%
    P(Gifted | INTJ) = 14.37%
    P(Gifted | INFP) = 13.38%
    P(Gifted | INFJ) = 13.35%
    P(Gifted | ENTP) = 11.61%
    P(Gifted | ENFP) = 10.16%
    P(Gifted | ENTJ) = 7.43%
    P(Gifted | ENFJ) = 6.3%
    P(Gifted | ISTJ) = 4.93%
    P(Gifted | ISTP) = 3.88%
    P(Gifted | ESTP) = 2.46%
    P(Gifted | ISFJ) = 2%
    P(Gifted | ISFP) = 1.99%
    P(Gifted | ESFP) = 1.4%
    P(Gifted | ESTJ) = 1.3%
    P(Gifted | ESFJ) = 1.18%

Percentage of each type among gifted and normal groups in a sample of senior secondary students
    Last edited by BlueScreen; 11-12-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: right now :)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    As can Fi. In many cases (including some in science) a holistic approach and awareness of cause and effect in the wider system is actually superior to the linear logical approach. Don't tell anyone though .
    Yes, I agree with this. You so often see otherwise intelligent NT's in particular espousing a tedious form of logical positivism that is quite dumb even on its own rationalistic grounds.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hope you guys no, giftness is what you make out of it.

And if anyone should disagree with that tell me. I am not gifted but I can fight
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]