• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can INFPs have high IQs?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, they can't be. A 4 letter code definitely says how intelligent someone is.

Uh oh, so if my type is IDK? or WGAF (For who gives a .... well, yeah), that means I'm a real dumb ass, right? ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh oh, so if my type is IDK? or WGAF (For who gives a .... well, yeah), that means I'm a real dumb ass, right? ;)

Totally.

If you score high on IQ and you are INFP, you are probably incorrect about your typing. Based purely on the fact that you tested high on IQ, and the fact that these two systems are totally unrelated, you should change your type to INTP. It just makes perfect sense.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally.

If you score high on IQ and you are INFP, you are probably incorrect about your typing. Based purely on the fact that you tested high on IQ, and the fact that these two systems are totally unrelated, you should change your type to INTP. It just makes perfect sense.

Oh that explains the 44 I got on my IQ test, right? Coolness. Finally have the answer.

capricorn009

It's confusing. Sometimes I love being able to learn many challenging things easily, but sometimes it feels like a curse. Because people want be different
and stand out, but merge their belief systems with that of a stronger person-
ality or a section of the community. It's hard to trust people sometimes bec-
ause they say one thing, and do another. I feel like I'm Elphaba when she re-
alizes that the wizard wanted to force all the talking Animals out of society.

ENTJ

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
I realise the title was quite badly put.

I was asking because recently a friend persuaded me to go with her to get typed, and I came out as INFP (incidentally she's ENFJ). From what I was told and what I've since read online about the functions, I felt it suited me to a tee save for a few minor points including having quite a high IQ (all of which were resolved by the first response). I wasn't implying that was good or bad, just kinda Tish.

So yeah... No offence; I'm just fairly type-naive. :doh:

No problem. Just wondering. :cheese:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
No type is restricted from having a high IQ. Not a single type.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs not only can have high IQs (Every type can, except maybe ESFPs), but they are very likely to. INFP has the fourth-highest statistical IQ average of MBTI types, after INTJ, INTP and INFJ.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs can be really smart... they're just not allowed (and don't) tell anyone about it. ;)

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
INFPs not only can have high IQs (Every type can, except maybe ESFPs), but they are very likely to. INFP has the fourth-highest statistical IQ average of MBTI types, after INTJ, INTP and INFJ.

Most statistical evidence I've seen puts them second, behind INTP. And for what it's worth, I've never seen ESFP bottom.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
For what it's worth, my INFP best friend has an IQ in the mid 160's. She's extremely gifted in mathematics.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

WTF are you talking about (with the ESFPs)?! You don't understand type preferences AT ALL.

Jaguar

I can't even believe the title of this thread. When will it all end? Wake up people.
Anyone can have a high IQ- INFP, ESFP, INTP, ENFP. It doesn't matter.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
This thread's about five months old. I posted it when I knew nothing about mbti.