User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 122

  1. #81
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Some do, some don't.

  2. #82
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well you have a really single minded way of looking at things. I'm going to repeat myself again, I think that sensors who are intelligent score as N's on tests because of the way tests are laid out. Because the makers may think that N = intelligent and S = simpleton. So the non simpleton S's would score as Ns. You seem to think that all tests are flawless and score every S as an S and every N as an N.

    And I ask you this-



    Why?
    From my debate with you on Harry Potter I remember you getting the definition of Feeler wrong and the definition of Extrovert wrong (Or, more concretely, denying the actual definitions as such because they did not fit your argument). So I'm gonna answer your question with another question: What exactly do you think a Sensor is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #83
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    This thread's about five months old. I posted it when I knew nothing about mbti.
    I'm not knocking your questions (questions are good), but I sure as hell am knocking the answers you got

    keep on truckin'

    yeah

    The one thing to note is that many of the posts in these threads are borderline retarded, but they don't sound retarded because of the verbiage they use

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    lol this would not be the most reliable of sources, no

    * August 26, 2007: I apologize for not having documented the source of the statistics that I cite here. I dimly recall finding them on or via the website of Mensa USA, but I am not certain of that. And I can no longer find the source by searching the web.
    Unfortunately.. well, how many people "dimly recall" things without being able to point to primary sources? Lots of people. Too many people.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Unfortunately.. well, how many people "dimly recall" things without being able to point to primary sources? Lots of people. Too many people.
    In all my college papers I just cite a "dim recollection of something I read on the internet" and the prof's are cool.

  5. #85
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    In all my college papers I just cite a "dim recollection of something I read on the internet" and the prof's are cool.
    I'm just gonna cite "they" next time I do a paper

  6. #86
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    lol this would not be the most reliable of sources, no
    Yeah, you'll often see it "cited" in threads like these.

  7. #87
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    From my debate with you on Harry Potter I remember you getting the definition of Feeler wrong and the definition of Extrovert wrong (Or, more concretely, denying the actual definitions as such because they did not fit your argument). So I'm gonna answer your question with another question: What exactly do you think a Sensor is?


    You're the one that seems to not have any idea of what he's talking about.

    And I didn't define those things because it wouldn't have honestly mattered. You would have just retorted "well you're wrong and I'm right as usual HAHAHAHAHAHA"

    Extroversion/Introversion deals with people's mental energy. Introverts store up energy from being with their thoughts and interacting with the world in some way uses the energy. Introverts go crazy without interacting in some way because they have too much bottled in. But too much interacting drains introverts. Extroverts, on the other hand, get that crazy feeling if they aren't being stimulated mentally. They get the drained feeling if nothing is happening or there is nothing to do. Actual research has been done on this, it all deals with how people interact with the world. I stopped responding because you called me stupid for thinking that extroversion had nothing to do with liking people or something like that. I didn't want to waste my time.

    And I never defined feeler either. So how was my definition wrong?

    It's hard to define sensor, but simply a sensor is someone who has the Se or Si process as one of their first two functions.

    You seem to be stuck on the dichotomies themselves rather than using the functions. That's just not really an accurate way to typewatch. Using the actual dichotomies gets really confusing. MBTI typing people is more along the lines of analyzing where someone is coming from when they are sharing their thoughts (in whatever way), it's not really about behavior.

    I'm guessing you're going to respond to just one line of this post and totally miss the point like last time and totally ignore the rest of it lol.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #88
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're the one that seems to not have any idea of what he's talking about.
    Aleksei's First Law of Debate: If you argue against me, you are wrong.

    And I didn't define those things because it wouldn't have honestly mattered. You would have just retorted "well you're wrong and I'm right as usual HAHAHAHAHAHA"
    Would you deny me that pleasure? you are one cruel ISFP.

    Extroversion/Introversion deals with people's mental energy. Introverts store up energy from being with their thoughts and interacting with the world in some way uses the energy. Introverts go crazy without interacting in some way because they have too much bottled in. But too much interacting drains introverts. Extroverts, on the other hand, get that crazy feeling if they aren't being stimulated mentally. They get the drained feeling if nothing is happening or there is nothing to do. Actual research has been done on this, it all deals with how people interact with the world. I stopped responding because you called me stupid for thinking that extroversion had nothing to do with liking people or something like that. I didn't want to waste my time.
    Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The trait of extraversion-introversion is a central dimension of human personality. Extraverts (also spelled extroverts[1]) tend to be gregarious, assertive, and interested in seeking out excitement. Introverts, in contrast, tend to be more reserved, less outgoing, and less sociable. They are not necessarily loners but they tend to have smaller circles of friends and are less likely to thrive on making new social contacts. Introverts are less likely to seek stimulation from others because their own thoughts and imagination are stimulating enough. A common misconception is that all introverts suffer from social anxiety or shyness. Introversion does not describe social discomfort but rather social preference. An introvert may not be shy at all but may merely prefer non social or less social activities.
    Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    According to Carl Jung, introversion and extraversion refer to the direction of psychic energy. If a person’s psychic energy usually flows outwards then he or she is an extravert, while if the energy usually flows inwards, the person is an introvert.[9] Extraverts feel an increase of perceived energy when interacting with a large group of people, but a decrease of energy when left alone. Conversely, introverts feel an increase of energy when alone, but a decrease of energy when surrounded by a large group of people. Most modern psychologists consider theories of psychic energy to be obsolete. First, it is difficult to operationalize mental "energy" in ways that can be scientifically measured and tested. Second, more detailed explanations of extraversion and the brain have replaced Jung's rather speculative theories.[10] Nevertheless, the concept is still in popular usage in the general sense of "feeling energized" in particular situations. Jung’s primary legacy in this area may be the popularizing of the terms introvert and extravert to refer to a particular dimension of personality.
    So basically, extroversion in the Jungian sense refers to whether a person is emotionally stimulated or drained by social contact. It has nothing to do with mental stimulation, and most introverts seek mental stimulation regardless -- Only they prefer to do so in isolation. Not being Howard Hughes is not being an extrovert.

    And I never defined feeler either. So how was my definition wrong?
    As I remember it you discarded the body of the Feeler/Thinker dichotomy because it described Harry as a Thinker -- whereas you wanted to believe he shared a type with you. Awww.

    It's hard to define sensor, but simply a sensor is someone who has the Se or Si process as one of their first two functions.
    So, you have no idea. I thought as much.

    A sensor, for your information, is someone who processes information primarily through feedback from their senses (hence the word) and memory. A sensor is hyperaware of what goes on around him (Se) or what has happened around them in the past (Si). Sensors are not intuitors because while they're more aware of their surroundings than the latter, they lack the ability or inclination to tie in their observations into a larger picture, that is, to conceptualize. Hence, Sensors think of what is or what was, whereas intuitors (both Ni and Ne) think of what could be, which is a cognitive process sometimes known as an "imagination."

    You seem to be stuck on the dichotomies themselves rather than using the functions. That's just not really an accurate way to typewatch. Using the actual dichotomies gets really confusing. MBTI typing people is more along the lines of analyzing where someone is coming from when they are sharing their thoughts (in whatever way), it's not really about behavior.
    Functional analysis get even more confusing because, to put it bluntly, it makes no sense. Carl Jung was on acid when he drew it up. The functions themselves are good, but the way he ties them together isn't. It is self-contradictory (Per Jung Extroverts should be P-dom and J-aux, yet ExxJs are supposedly J-dom P-aux, which contradicts reality), and at times simply absurd. I've done functional analysis on myself, my mother and several of my friends, and none of our functional preferences match our types (or according to Jungian analysis should even be possible).

    I'm guessing you're going to respond to just one line of this post and totally miss the point like last time and totally ignore the rest of it lol.
    You guessed wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  9. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    This thread is like one ego trip after another. Ha

  10. #90
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,740

    Default

    Oh ffs, who keeps digging this shit up.
    AND WHY
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Similar Threads

  1. Do smart people have high IQ?
    By Fay in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 03:50 AM
  2. [INFP] Can INFPs also experience this? *I know... stupid question/probably generalizing.*
    By INFtha14 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM
  3. [INFP] INFPs - have any of you never considered suicide as a viable option?
    By EricHanson in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. [INFP] for INFPs, have you ever noticed
    By briochick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 02:29 PM
  5. [INFP] Can INFP's trust their intuition/feelings?
    By rainoneventide in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO