User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I keep reading the thread title, trying to find the words to express how I feel, and, for once..I've got nothing.

Yes, I do. I think it's markedly INFP to wonder about something like this out loud, while perhaps not really believing it to be true. I'm going to assume the best. Therefore, you get a pass on the monumentally insulting title fail. Cheers.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Most statistical evidence I've seen puts them second, behind INTP. And for what it's worth, I've never seen ESFP bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    WTF are you talking about (with the ESFPs)?! You don't understand type preferences AT ALL.
    I've posted type-IQ studies several times, so I don't particularly feel inclined to re-post them. Look for them in my post history. Anyway, the evidence I've seen is that MBTI type is correlated to intelligence in a discrete pattern as follows: INTJ, INTP, INFJ, INFP, ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ENFP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ISTP, ESTP, ISFP, ESFP. So far, my own experience bears out this pattern, although interestingly enough I know some very smart STPs but not a single intelligent SFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I've posted type-IQ studies several times, so I don't particularly feel inclined to re-post them. Look for them in my post history. Anyway, the evidence I've seen is that MBTI type is correlated to intelligence in a discrete pattern as follows: INTJ, INTP, INFJ, INFP, ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ENFP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ISTP, ESTP, ISFP, ESFP. So far, my own experience bears out this pattern, although interestingly enough I know some very smart STPs but not a single intelligent SFP.
    Are you SFP?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The thing about those surveys is that probably the smart Ss scored as NTs and NFs on the test that was given them based on how a lot of the questionnaires are worded.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Intelligence means nothing if you're just gonna sit around and pick your nose.
    Last edited by ayoitsStepho; 04-24-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I'm just too darn hillarious
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Are you SFP?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The thing about those surveys is that probably the smart Ss scored as NTs and NFs on the test that was given them based on how a lot of the questionnaires are worded.
    A Sensor will probably still score as a Sensor if he's smart, given that smart Sensors do exist (Mostly SJs). I myself know two ESTPs with IQs of 121 and 146 respectively. Ns being smarter than Ss actually makes perfect sense however, given that strong Sensors by definition either lack the capacity for conceptual thinking or prefer not to use it. The ones that do tend to have strong Ne or Ni (The aforementioned ESTP genius is probably Ne-inferior given he becomes a master bullshitter under pressure).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Of course, but willingness to act doesn't count for much if you lack the mental capacity for it. You'll never see an engineer with an IQ of 90 walking around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Unless you invent a high-tech machine to pick your nose that revolutionizes the habit altogether. Then you're in business!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A Sensor will probably still score as a Sensor if he's smart, given that smart Sensors do exist (Mostly SJs). I myself know two ESTPs with IQs of 121 and 146 respectively. Ns being smarter than Ss actually makes perfect sense however, given that strong Sensors by definition either lack the capacity for conceptual thinking or prefer not to use it. The ones that do tend to have strong Ne or Ni.
    You basically didn't respond to my post, lol. I said... the test's layout. The questions (which are biased a lot of the time toward N = smart and S = simpleton). When I first started with type I sent my friends tests to see what their types were. Most of the sensors scored as Ns because of how the questions were worded and/or what they were asked (their justification for the answer was very S too, was funny).

Your understanding of type seems to be very stereotypical and you seem to be very, very biased against sensors. So it's no wonder you'd take any opportunity to flame them you got. It wouldn't surprise me if you mistyped some of your "intuitive" friends just because they were actually smart sensors.

(The aforementioned ESTP genius is probably Ne-inferior given he becomes a master bullshitter under pressure).

I'm waiting for the flame fest, you telling me I'm on crack, etc. Come on, do it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You basically didn't respond to my post, lol.
    Alright, here's my response: Bullshit. Proof? People who are intelligent but detail-oriented still score as Sensing in MBTI tests, because they are sensors. Being intelligent does not turn them into people who prefer abstraction over concrete details, because otherwise they'd be intuitors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole