User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well, I don't think IQ has anything to do with ignorance or wisdom directly, at best only indirectly....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

the only thing the gifted kids get is more work.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I don't like this. Most of the IQ tests I've seen measure only a couple types of skills, like mathematics or predicting patterns (which uses N). I always felt that is why the sensors get boned out of having high IQs sometimes. And if that is the case, IQ isn't valid to indicate general intelligence or even worth a sidewards glance because it's missing a lot of skill testing and only applies to a few things we deem as important enough to test and measure intelligence for.
    What more sensor-friendly aspects of intelligence do you think the IQ test misses out on exactly?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

HAHAHAH! Ain't that the truth. Or the over-achievers. Or the work-a-holics.

The worst thing is if you are all three.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

brainheart

Or coddled because you're supposedly brilliant. And then after succeeding like mad in school you have no idea how to do anything in the 'real' world, like get a job. So you spend your days reading and researching, jobless, because that's what you know how to do, not to mention what you love.

That's what I've heard, anyway.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Can INFPs have high IQs?

---

Well, it does matter only if their Fi judges that IQ tests are a relevant question.

As a matter of fact, I'va always wondered why people find IQ tests to be so interesting, besides the fact they only exist to determine our ability to succeed in... IQ tests. It's a somewhat autotelic-redundant activity...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FaithBW View Post
    As others have said, any type can have a high IQ. I'm wonder what the intention behind the OP is. I was labeled gifted while in elementary school. I know I had to take an IQ test but I have no idea what my score was.
    Yeah, I took the test and was in the "gifted and talented" program in school also (GATE). They didn't tell us our scores either. The program was a joke though....we just got out of regular class half after lunch and goofed off on ridiculous projects mean to "challenge" us.

I don't like this. Most of the IQ tests I've seen measure only a couple types of skills, like mathematics or predicting patterns (which uses N). I always felt that is why the sensors get boned out of having high IQs sometimes. And if that is the case, IQ isn't valid to indicate general intelligence or even worth a sidewards glance because it's missing a lot of skill testing and only applies to a few things we deem as important enough to test and measure intelligence for.
    My ESFP sister did well on an IQ Test (professionally administered...I think she was around 135 or so), but I agree that it's N biased. It tests only a certain kind of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Really, well-adjusted INFPs can be amazing people.
    Yeah, but I have a feeling it's the screwed up INFPs who make the cool art and music

Well, in that gifted program I was put in, we did less work. We just goofed off. In high school I had a few advanced classes in which there were so few of us we basically had "independent study" and got to create our own assignments , which usually meant we just did stuff like break into the janitor's closet and hang out on the roof. Honestly, it teaches you to be LAZY. You don't have to try hard to achieve....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Yeah, but I have a feeling it's the screwed up INFPs who make the cool art and music

And screwed up ISFPs too

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, they can't be. A 4 letter code definitely says how intelligent someone is.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    No, they can't be. A 4 letter code definitely says how intelligent someone is.
    Absurdly true.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI