INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Part of me wants to be like,

"No. INFPs are stupid. Darn you, get it right!"

...But I can't keep a straight face while doing it. xD
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, don't let common misconceptions lead you to think that Feeling is just about emotion and doesn't evaluate anything else. Fi is excellent for critical thinking, and Ne aids in grasping theory and concepts with ease.

Also, there ARE plenty of stupid Thinkers. Visit INTP central for a sample.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

My experience says yes, but their feelings still get in the way.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've seen a couple things on MBTI and IQ/SAT scores that showed some correlations, and T/F definitely didn't have the strongest difference, Ts were just a little more likely to score higher. I think INXXs in general are most likely to have high IQ scores. It's mostly about N, because the IQ test favors the ability to think abstractly when it measures intelligence.

The title made me laugh...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

My first answer is a question and my second answer doesn't answer my first answer:

1: Does IQ matter?

2: Of course.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, don't let common misconceptions lead you to think that Feeling is just about emotion and doesn't evaluate anything else. Fi is excellent for critical thinking, and Ne aids in grasping theory and concepts with ease.
    Yes. I can spot emotional/visceral inconsistency from half a mile away. My first line of attack in debate is usually "why do you feel this way about this and yet feel this other way about that?" I can usually offer several possible answers to the question and systematically rule others out, too, and people usually resort to changing the subject or appealing to emotion. It makes reading newpapers quite painful. For every story I can think of others in which they took a different line for no fair reason - just because their readers will interpret negatively the actions of people different from them (or presented as such), and positively the actions of people similar enough or the most similar to them.

Here's a tip: if you're going to go mad and kill yourself and your child, you'd better have a reason that most people can begin to relate to, like ongoing harrassment and failure of the authorities to help. Then you'll be virtually canonised by the British press. It had better not have been a more organic mental illness, which most people haven't experienced, or you'll be an anathema. Suffering is only an excuse if it's caused by something people can conceive of happening to them. I don't read tabloids any more. They start to drive me apeshit.

T-led analysis is less likely to home in on underlying biases behind the assumed premises in that way because it detaches from emotion first, while Fi focuses on it first. But as usual, any type will do both if they're well-rounded, some just go down particular routes more automatically.

Anyway, I don't know my own IQ, have only ever been administered an abbreviated, specified version for diagnostic purposes, but as someone has said, the statistics suggest no type is unrepresented in the high IQ range. Even the statistical differences there are could be due to certain types tending to enjoy the test more, take it more seriously, doubt their ability to do it more, be more distracted by the presence of the admininstrator, all sorts of reasons other than their true cognitive potential.

MBTI
    INFP

As others have said, any type can have a high IQ. I'm wonder what the intention behind the OP is. I was labeled gifted while in elementary school. I know I had to take an IQ test but I have no idea what my score was. I asked my mom and she didn't know either nor did she care. She wanted me in the gifted program so that I could have more opportunities in my education not so she could boast that my IQ is high. I've always done well in school (I suppose that's why I want to become a broke grad student as opposed to a broke person working in the real world). So I guess the short answer to the OP is yes. Although again, I wonder what the intention behind the question is.

MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

I realise the title was quite badly put.

I was asking because recently a friend persuaded me to go with her to get typed, and I came out as INFP (incidentally she's ENFJ). From what I was told and what I've since read online about the functions, I felt it suited me to a tee save for a few minor points including having quite a high IQ (all of which were resolved by the first response). I wasn't implying that was good or bad, just kinda Tish.

So yeah... No offence; I'm just fairly type-naive.

brainheart

Don't listen to any arguments otherwise. We are a bunch of dumb asses. Seriously. All you have to do is read anything by some famous INFP fiction writer to see that.

I don't even know how to feed myself. I couldn't even exit the womb. Thank God for the INTJ doctor!

Tee hee!

I think I'm gonna go cry for a few hours now, after I wipe the drool off my chin.