User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I have/had a high IQ- it's been a very long time but I definitely feel that my score as a child changed how I was treated. my parents just bragged about how smart and precocious I was a the time.

however, I've been on a brain cell murder spree the past few years so who knows what it is now.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not even sure how this topic came about considering that stereotypically speaking INFPs (along with the INTPs of course) are like the ultimate brooding intellectual.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm not even sure how this topic came about considering that stereotypically speaking INFPs (along with the INTPs of course) are like the ultimate brooding intellectual.
    I thought that was more like INTP or INFJ with INFP taking the title of "ultimate moody pseudo-intellectual" but I may be wrong.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Brutal-style honesty, but this thread title shouldn't even be a question.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, everything you said applies.
    I can't believe you're still asking this. It's been scientifically proven that INFPs CANNOT have high IQs. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Typology and IQ spread

Thinking, feeling, and brilliance (book chapter)

Mental retardation and MBTI

Predictors of intelligence (longitudinal study)

Seriously guys. Fucking embarrassing that we're still asking these questions.

One group of questions I've hit a wall with in IQ type of testing are the spatial ones. To be able to predict the shape of an object by only seeing it from one angle. I think if there's any accounting for INFPs having high IQs, it'd be here. I think both INTP and INFP have, for lack of a better way of putting it, "holographic" thinking, perceiving issues and objects from many sides. They strive to create a complete picture. Maybe strive is the wrong word. Maybe it comes natural to them. That's probably a strength and a weakness too. It bogs them down sometimes.

That's my 2c though. It's just one of my weaknesses, and a strength I've somewhat observed from those two (I need to be more involved and hands on to see things the way they do).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    One group of questions I've hit a wall with in IQ type of testing are the spatial ones. To be able to predict the shape of an object by only seeing it from one angle. I think if there's any accounting for INFPs having high IQs, it'd be here. I think both INTP and INFP have, for lack of a better way of putting it, "holographic" thinking, perceiving issues and objects from many sides. They strive to create a complete picture. Maybe strive is the wrong word. Maybe it comes natural to them. That's probably a strength and a weakness too. It bogs them down sometimes.

That's my 2c though. It's just one of my weaknesses, and a strength I've somewhat observed from those two (I need to be more involved and hands on to see things the way they do).
    I do this horribly, it's why I think Ne's use like some kind of doublethink/ may have a lot of dualities. I used to think it was just a P thing and I think that SP's do this to an extent as well. Can sound like they are wishy washy with all these varying perceptions. I still have trouble with the spatial stuff though, it takes me longer than I think it should. Don't know why. However it is a very good analogy to perceptive thinking. "I know what it looks like if I tilt it any which way." Regarding holographic thinking, I think it helps in a lot of areas but makes me (and presumably others) really indecisive and rambley and slow to come to set answers on anything.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Not sure why there'd be any connection whatsoever between Ne and spatial intelligence....... much more often it's someone who is xSTP who is noted for incredible spatial skills, but I'm dubious of even that connection.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Not sure why there'd be any connection whatsoever between Ne and spatial intelligence....... much more often it's someone who is xSTP who is noted for incredible spatial skills, but I'm dubious of even that connection.
    Yea, I was thinking that, but had really shady reasoning, and couldn't remember if that was an actual thing or if I just made it up in my head.

(there should be a smiley representing "shady reasoning"- I would use that all the time)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, I was thinking that, but had really shady reasoning, and couldn't remember if that was an actual thing or if I just made it up in my head.
    See this whole thing about "knowing" something first and then stating it with shady reasoning? Classic extraverted intuitiveness......... rotating a kinked block into a lock, eh, not so much. What's so intuitive about moving things in your mind?

(there should be a smiley representing "shady reasoning"- I would use that all the time)
    I skip the smiley in lieu of a implied warning of such "shady reasoning" in every single post by having my type as ENZP....