User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Infinite Bubble

I will have marginally less faith that they can if OP is an INFP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Everyone should know absolutely no feeling type has even the slightest bit of potential for having a high IQ - this thread is madness!

garbage

Let's dig up some studies that correlate MBTI test results with IQ

and then out of the other side of our mouths, proclaim how MBTI test results are actually meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    imagine a road system that is self regulating to a degree based on specific speed ranges and limits. The end goal of the system is "of course" to avoid accidents & get people to their destination as reliably and efficiently as possible while taking into account budgeting & other physical constraints. Now imagine you have similar starting parameters but everyone can now drive 'twice as fast'. the optimum road system wouldn't be the same as the one with the original speed ranges.

elementary.
    That's what I thought. In fact I stated the exact same thing in the very post you quoted from. I forgot to put it in and went back to edit said post. When I said "twice as fast" I was referring more as it would appear in real life. It was obvious the inner workings of the system would need design differences. What I was saying was more along the lines that system optimisation would only assist in that key area with no guarantee of any optimisation in areas of "data storage capacity", "reasoning capacity" or "skill proficiency".

But it wasn't my idea, just one I encountered on my travels. Refute it, support it and provide evidence for or against as you see fit.

No, INFPs are incapable of having high IQs, it says so in the MBTI handbook.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Why shouldn't they be able to have high IQs? It's not like they have a learning disability or something.
    Also, what is considered "IQ"?
    Recognition of random patterns (like the Mensa test) the ESPs seem to score the highest, if I'm not mistaken then my ESFP mother got like 140 IQ or something according to that test and could have entered Mensa if she wanted to. She's not the brightest at other areas however which would have to do with her not being inquisitive nor very interested in expanding her knowledge. Unlike me who usually score between 95 - 110 and I'm extremely inquisitive and willing to expand my knowledge.

2 forms of IQ.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

Suppose you were an Infp with a high iq... What does that mean anyway?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My father (INTP) took the Mensa math and science test in socal and got the highest score they had ever seen there. He still didn't join! Lol
    I (INFP) have taken two IQ tests. I received a score of 137 on one, 169 on the other. Both were administered tests, taken as an adult.
    After the second test, I understood why dad didn't join Mensa... It's largely meaningless, especially for me. All I ever loved was music and art, and I still spell like a third grader anyway (i love spell check) lol
    so please dont feel inferior about it. It takes heart and drive to do extrordinary things, not pedagree(sp? Lol!!!).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    Why shouldn't they be able to have high IQs? It's not like they have a learning disability or something.
    Also, what is considered "IQ"?
    Recognition of random patterns (like the Mensa test) the ESPs seem to score the highest, if I'm not mistaken then my ESFP mother got like 140 IQ or something according to that test and could have entered Mensa if she wanted to. She's not the brightest at other areas however which would have to do with her not being inquisitive nor very interested in expanding her knowledge. Unlike me who usually score between 95 - 110 and I'm extremely inquisitive and willing to expand my knowledge.

2 forms of IQ.
    Its okey to be retarded. You dont have to make up narratives to justify it.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Its okey to be retarded. You dont have to make up narratives to justify it.
    Well, you'd know.

But lol, I doubt you even know what retarded means, what level of IQ is seen as low etc.
    A score around 70 on the Mensa test is their category for development issues.
    The average score is a little less than 100.
    Around 130 is the score for highly intelligent.

The test for intelligence do however only count the ability to connect patterns.

The last time I did the Mensa test was when I was 15.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.