User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

WALMART

of the people i've intellectually envied, infp's have been more than a couple

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    of the people i've intellectually envied, infp's have been more than a couple
    yeah but there has to be tens of thousands of those.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

william shakespeare?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

What a preposterous question!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

I don't think I have a high IQ but I'm sure there have been many of our number who could meet the grade.

By the sounds of things it's overrated anyway. I've seen the masses trumpeting their "IQ score" around and yet found their worldview and understanding of events to be poor and my conclusion of them to be "I think you're stupid" although in a less direct and blunt way. Once I was told that IQ score merely measures the rate of development, that a man with an IQ of 200 merely learns and grasps things twice as fast and twice as easy as someone with an IQ of 100. If that were true then one could learn fast but remember little and thus still have little potential to apply their knowledge. They may still have a poor facility to grasp certain modes of thinking, essentially being retarded. The only difference being is that they are only twice as fast as an other idiot with an IQ of 100 and cannot be anywhere near the same league as someone with an IQ of 100 but who has their entire brain engineered towards that mode of thinking.

Not mentioning any names NT types.

Food for SW's thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I don't think I have a high IQ but I'm sure there have been many of our number who could meet the grade.

By the sounds of things it's overrated anyway. I've seen the masses trumpeting their "IQ score" around and yet found their worldview and understanding of events to be poor and my conclusion of them to be "I think you're stupid" although in a less direct and blunt way. Once I was told that IQ score merely measures the rate of development, that a man with an IQ of 200 merely learns and grasps things twice as fast and twice as easy as someone with an IQ of 100. If that were true then one could learn fast but remember little and thus still have little potential to apply their knowledge. They may still have a poor facility to grasp certain modes of thinking, essentially being retarded. The only difference being is that they are only twice as fast as an other idiot with an IQ of 100 and cannot be anywhere near the same league as someone with an IQ of 100 but who has their entire brain engineered towards that mode of thinking.

Not mentioning any names NT types.
    that is a common misconception.

past a certain point people with large gaps in iq just think qualitatively differently. Is it really smart to just give your biased self serving opinion as a basis for your whole argument despite not having any kind of data to back it up. and then judge people for being stupid...? I think googling a few studies would have been just as fast and have provided us with a slightly more informed opinion.

I think it's note worthy.

to answer the thread. statistical trends/correlation say that yes. personal exp[erience say that yes (the title after all doesnt talk about stats and trend, just capability, so i only need one example)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

They likely have the highest average IQ among Fs.

[citation needed]
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    that is a regular misconception.

past a certain point people with large gaps in iq just think qualitatively differently.
    As a regular Joe regular misconceptions are my cup of tea. Which part were you referring to exactly with that comment if I may ask? The section that asserts that IQ = rate of change? If yes then I would have thought that was evident as there would need to be a more effective, efficient or outright completely different mechanism at work with the higher ranker in order to comprehend quicker than a lesser.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    As a regular Joe regular misconceptions are my cup of tea. Which part were you referring to exactly with that comment if I may ask? The section that asserts that IQ = rate of change?
    imagine a road system that is self regulating to a degree based on specific speed ranges and limits. The end goal of the system is "of course" to avoid accidents & get people to their destination as reliably and efficiently as possible while taking into account budgeting & other physical constraints. Now imagine you have similar starting parameters but everyone can now drive 'twice as fast'. the optimum road system wouldn't be the same as the one with the original speed ranges.

elementary.

... In theory.