User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    255

    Default Help me type those two

    I was wondering whether you could help me typing those two..... one is an acquaintance of mine and the other one a friend, though not very close one....

    No. 1 (the acquaintance)

    - studies computer science, I think
    - is extremely flirtatious, really flirts with every girl he's talking to (and seemingly in the same manner always)
    - seems to be easygoing and has a lot of acquaintances and friends
    - really seems to be into technical stuff (talks alot about mobile phones in detail)
    - extremely likes to do sports I think, skiing, badminton (but out of "fun", not because of any aspect of his health, smokes as well)
    - very outgoing and casual
    - dislikes "theoretical" things. often mentions that he doesn't like the theoretical side of computer science, and isn't good at it
    - would like to move to a city which is "neat", like vienna e.g.
    - politically disklikes socialist or communist or left wing tendencies
    - says he misses his exgirlfriend and at the same time, when he meets her, he finds her boring. seems to have ended the relationship because he got bored. does not seem to take relationships very important
    - seems independent and seems to value his freedom; would rather spend time with his friends than with his girlfriend if he had one
    - erm, seems to be into himself, in a way.....
    - seems goal-oriented (when preparing for an exam etc. he goes to the library ever day. however, he rarely sits on his table, but moves around, talks to poeple, smokes a cigarette....)
    - clothes in a rather unspectacular way, jeans, I guess, some sports shirts or things like that
    - likes to make a lot of jokes. dont know how to describe them...not really word-play or something like that

    that's it for the moment. I though he is an E and thought he could be ESTP. not too sure...

    No 2.

    - She also studies computer science (I swear to god I also have friends who don't ))
    - doesn't like to buy clothes and long as she doesn't need them. but is not completely oblivious as to what she is wearing. aware of communicating through her clothes (sub-grop belonging)...never dresses in a fancy way though
    - she is not very organized, her room is very messy.
    - she starts a lot of different things, hobbies, etc., but rarely finishes them....which is sad, because she is sooo enthusiastic and opitmistic at the beginning
    - she is really fun to be around, when she is in a good mood. then she can talk excessively with sparks in her eyes ....but when she is in a bad mood, this rubs off on me and brings me down in a way :/....
    - though I can sense her emotional state most of the time, she dislikes talking about her innermost feelings...
    - she is a very loyal friend, and always there when I need her. could call her in the middle of the night and she'd come round to comfort me. however, she sometimes comforts me with platitudes "you will make it, I'm sure" rather than to really help me solve the problem. rather wants to comfort me by hugging me excessively
    - sometimes she seems to wander off in her mind when I'm talking to her
    - often attention goes from one thing to the other very quickly. notices a lot of WEIRD things in the outer world that I wouldn't.
    - she makes very original and funny jokes, often combining really absurd topics ))
    - doesn't talk about philosophical topics out of her own, but when I start taking about them first, she usually starts to discuss them with me. however, mh, dont know how to describe her logic.....she is able to "prove" her arguments more than "I" am.....dont know how to explain
    - in discussions she doesnt like me to argue on an "emotional basis"...dont know how to explain....my emotions are not an acceptable point to her (can't really explain....when I say "I think time is only a construct", and I cannot "prove it", she argues that only because I like the IDEA of it beeing a construct doesn't make it one)
    - she likes to play some role-playing games, some computer games and table games
    - likes to cook with friends, but not creating new dishes.
    - in a group, she gets very animated and talks more loudly
    - is interested in what is happening in the world, likes to read about politics and talk about it. is rather idealistic in her approach.......about social inequality e.g.
    - highly values fairness and interrupts when she thinks someone is beeing treated in an unfair way

    could add much more....but I find her really hard to type.....though mabye ENFP......

    what would you think?

  2. #2
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    #1 - ESTP
    #2 - ENTP

  3. #3
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    I agree with SiB.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    #1 - ESTP
    #2 - ENTP
    Thank you! It's interesting that you see No. 1 as ESTP, as I thought.....
    What makes you think NT for No. 2? the way of arguing? Mh....do you think ENTPs would want to comfort someone by hugging? mh, even though she seems moody, I still am not sure I get a NF-feeling from her...

  5. #5
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    Thank you! It's interesting that you see No. 1 as ESTP, as I thought.....
    What makes you think NT for No. 2? the way of arguing? Mh....do you think ENTPs would want to comfort someone by hugging? mh, even though she seems moody, I still am not sure I get a NF-feeling from her...
    Actually, you might be right about ENFP. Hmm. It's really hard to tell without actually seeing her in action, though. Maybe the hugging is actually an indication. Would an F be more likely to talk about the issue to try to solve it? I don't know, I just got an NT vibe from what you wrote. But I could be completely wrong as well. Come to think of it, if it was a guy, I'd probably type him as an ENFP.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    325

    Default

    The first one seems to be an ENTP or ESTP to me , I am not sure whether I get a more N or S vibe from his description. He could be both.
    As for the second, rather ENTP than ENFP. And I have seen NTs hugging as a way to comfort people. I guess it depends more on the individual than on the type.

  7. #7
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    I feel like that entire 2nd description was one of my friends listing out my qualities. Most definitely ENTP...and female ENTP at that...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am_i_evil666 View Post
    The first one seems to be an ENTP or ESTP to me , I am not sure whether I get a more N or S vibe from his description. He could be both.
    As for the second, rather ENTP than ENFP. And I have seen NTs hugging as a way to comfort people. I guess it depends more on the individual than on the type.
    Mh, I'd never thoght No. 1 to be an N..... but....extraverted intuition may be unknown to me ....
    about No. 2..... I know you cannot "explain" everything about a person by type......that would be so limiting........ I somehow have the feeling that she cannot be F, even though I can't explain it. She does not really react as emotionally as me to certain things, and I can't remember to have ever seen her offended in any way.....which...then....does not have to do anything with type ....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I feel like that entire 2nd description was one of my friends listing out my qualities. Most definitely ENTP...and female ENTP at that...
    Oh, that's interesting....!

  10. #10
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    Oh, that's interesting....!
    Heh, why do you say that?

Similar Threads

  1. Can you help me typing these two guys?
    By iris.moon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
  2. Help me type Dog the Bounty Hunter
    By cafe in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  3. Help me type a friend?
    By EsoteriEccentri in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
  4. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO