• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my friend an iNFP? Second opinion anyone?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I admit, when I called everyone in this thread an idiot, I wasn't exactly in the right ...

But I figured she was an idiot after her silly post directed towards me. Hell, she told me in a visitor message S types actively engage in assuming more than N types. I'm skeptical of people's N and N in general, and I have developed Judging. If that isn't a sign she has no idea what she's talking about, I don't know what is.

Hey, no harm done. :newwink: That was more in defense of everyone in general. I doubt she's an idiot, she just may have been misinformed about how the dichotomies work. When you talk to people about MBTI there's a ton of misinformation floating around and a TON of type bias, particularly with the perceiving functions. "Jeez, he's sOOOOO absent minded, must be iNtuitive!" or "he can't seem to see the big picture, so he MUST be S." I see it primarily in the form of bias AGAINST S's though, which bothers me. We have much more depth than we let on, trust me!

I'll admit that my understanding of the Jungian functions is very limited, but I have a small grasp on them. I just get confused with similar functions. Anyway, she was probably told by someone that S types assume too much and believed them. I would say assuming too much may be a characteristic of IxxP's in general, since they use dominant Ji. Ti and Fi are, at least in my mind, the most idealistic of functions since they claim either logic or ethics "in a vacuum" so to speak. This is cool in some ways, but slightly annoying sometimes, as they often forget to expand their judgments into the realistic, outer world that they actually live in. You tend to get a lot of arbitrary ethics or theoretical nonsense without any grip on reality, unless the tertiary Je is developed well. Although secondary Pi can aid in balance as well. Make sense?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I admit, when I called everyone in this thread an idiot, I wasn't exactly in the right ...

But I figured she was an idiot after her silly post directed towards me. Hell, she told me in a visitor message S types actively engage in assuming more than N types. She also told me I'm skeptical of people's N and N in general, and I have developed Judging. If that isn't a sign she has no idea what she's talking about, I don't know what is.

Really? I said you do. Not all S types. I was just giving you an opinion - take it with a grain of salt. If you misunderstood me? I'm sorry. But the fact that you don't know what N is and assume I don't type by functions? Saying you don't resort to insults after calling everyone on this forum an idiot? That, my dear, is hypocritical. I was taking a guess and forming an opinion based on what I know, it's called an educated guess, or a hypothesis. I never said I was sure at all. You can't expect anyone to be exact in typing. I said you "seem". I still think you're ISTJ. By the way - look up what iNtuition (N) and Judging (J) are. Socionics uses these at times. Try the site.

This is my last communication with you.

B

brainheart

Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with your name. Tyrant, hmmm. Makes me think of desiring peace and love and harmony.... BY ENSLAVING BABY BUNNIES!

No, I have to agree it's silly to type people with such little information, not to mention the whole gazillions of theories out there. You see it with the 'experts' even: Keirsey says Princess Diana was an INFP. Thomson says ESFP. Keirsey says ISFJ for Mother Theresa. Thomson says ISFP. Whatever.

But it's still fun to try and figure out sometimes. You just can't see it as much more than a game, that's all. Like the ones ladies and gents used to play in the parlor.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with your name. Tyrant, hmmm. Makes me think of desiring peace and love and harmony.... BY ENSLAVING BABY BUNNIES!

No, I have to agree it's silly to type people with such little information, not to mention the whole gazillions of theories out there. You see it with the 'experts' even: Keirsey says Princess Diana was an INFP. Thomson says ESFP. Keirsey says ISFJ for Mother Theresa. Thomson says ISFP. Whatever.

But it's still fun to try and figure out sometimes. You just can't see it as much more than a game, that's all. Like the ones ladies and gents used to play in the parlor.

You know what, I like you. That's how I look at it too.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uh-oh, we've been lured (intentionally or unintentionally) off topic. So, show of hands, who thinks young ISFP?

B

brainheart

Maybe INFJ or ISFJ?

I really don't know. But that's what I was thinking when I read it this time.

I guess cause I just don't see the Fi...

I don't know. I think I need more. I think I need her to be twenty years older. Young teenager is when you are at your most nutso.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe INFJ or ISFJ?

I really don't know. But that's what I was thinking when I read it this time.

I guess cause I just don't see the Fi...

I don't know. I think I need more. I think I need her to be twenty years older. Young teenager is when you are at your most nutso.

I concur.

And I see little Fi or Ne/Ni. Which makes me think Si or Se. A lot of Fe though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really can't describe to you how much I am appreciating this comparison.

Oh I know, right? TOTAL win on the porta potty simile. I literally laughed out loud. :smile:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Princess Diana was undoubtedly an INFP. She could not be an ESFP. I would take ISFP before ESFP. Once again I'm taking Kiersey's side for Mother Theresa being an ISFJ. This Thomson person doesn't seem to know what the hell they're talking about.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
*Ahem*

On topic, guys, on topic.
Of course, on topic is no fun because we've concluded the typing.

Oh well, we can second guess ourselves.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I still think you're ISTJ.

Uhm... This is completely off topic, but I just wanted to say that the fact someone is judgemental, doesn't listen to arguments and thinks everyone else is stupid doesn't necessarily mean they're STJ. Or ST. Or SJ. I've seen NTs do this maaaany times, and some NFs as well. I'd say that SJs are often just too polite to be, well... so impolite. Not even really talking about the situation here, just my grain of salt to help avoiding unnecessary prejudice ;)

And I agree with the ISFP typing, by the way.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uhm... This is completely off topic, but I just wanted to say that the fact someone is judgemental, doesn't listen to arguments and thinks everyone else is stupid doesn't necessarily mean they're STJ. Or ST. Or SJ. I've seen NTs do this maaaany times, and some NFs as well. I'd say that SJs are often just too polite to be, well... so impolite. Not even really talking about the situation here, just my grain of salt to help avoiding unnecessary prejudice ;)

And I agree with the ISFP typing, by the way.

I'm starting to second guess myself on the I though.

That's not why I typed him as ISTP, I looked at most of his posts. I would never be so stereotypical.
I typed him as ISTP by what functions he seemed to use.
Not because he's a jackass. I love ISTPs.

Oh, oops. I just realized I said I thought he was an ISTJ - I meant P.
I don't think Judging means judgmental. I'm not an idiot.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
-She has one close circle of friends and despises a lot people before giving them a chance. Most of her friends she grew up with. Once, she didn't like one person she barely knew, but she got to know him a bit better and grudgingly decided to let him in her circle of friends.

(This part sounds very INFP, sounds a lot like me, quick to judge so I don't have to be rejected, very reserved until I have them pegged, ISFJs are more open with relationships and less judgemental.)

-She tries to cover it up, but she's a dreamer. This is a bit of iNtuition speaking on my part but she seems to long for serious relationships but is too afraid of looking like a fool, being rejected, etc. to get into one. Might or might not be related to her parents leaving her at a young age (they're alive, but she never sees them. And I'm not exaggerating on the never.)

(INFP, ISFJs are quicker to admit they want relationships even though when they get into one, they subconsciously sabotage themselves, I don't like to admit am dreamy about love either, ISFJs are less afraid than INFPs of commitment, it's very important to them and is part of the norm whereas INFPs might question the whole 'value' of love, the meaning of a relationship, the greater big idea, etc)

-She was a fan of the Twilight series but doesn't say she likes them anymore because she doesn't want to seem like a conformist.

(I am always going on about this is cliche and that is cliche, very INFP. ISFJs don't care about conformity.)

-She often lies or exaggerates to interest people. Once she said she'd been abused, but her conscience caught up to her and she admitted to lying about this. And, yes, I believe she was lying.

(More INFJ than ISFJ, don't know about ISFPs. ISFJs won't lie, I believe, they have very high sense of morals.)

-She considers herself "emo".

(More INFP, ISFJs don't like to admit their emotions are over the top or melodramatic, even if they are.)

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm starting to second guess myself on the I though.

That's not why I typed him as ISTP, I looked at most of his posts. I would never be so stereotypical.
I typed him as ISTP by what functions he seemed to use.
Not because he's a jackass. I love ISTPs.

Oh, oops. I just realized I said I thought he was an ISTJ - I meant P.
I don't think Judging means judgmental. I'm not an idiot.

Ok, that's great. I wasn't implying that you're an idiot, it's just that I'm becoming sick of the posts that mirror the MBTI prejudice and dumb stereotyping. I'm glad this wasn't the case.;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-She has one close circle of friends and despises a lot people before giving them a chance. Most of her friends she grew up with. Once, she didn't like one person she barely knew, but she got to know him a bit better and grudgingly decided to let him in her circle of friends.

(This part sounds very INFP, sounds a lot like me, quick to judge so I don't have to be rejected, very reserved until I have them pegged, ISFJs are more open with relationships and less judgemental.)

:huh: As an INFP, I am open to something until I've gotten enough info. It's Ne-aux: open to the external possibilities, mind solidly made up on internal principles. I see IxFJs being more judgmental initially when they have less info to go on, and then softening later.

-She tries to cover it up, but she's a dreamer.

Most INFPs seem fine with being dreamers - proud even.

This is a bit of iNtuition speaking on my part but she seems to long for serious relationships but is too afraid of looking like a fool, being rejected, etc. to get into one. Might or might not be related to her parents leaving her at a young age (they're alive, but she never sees them. And I'm not exaggerating on the never.)

(INFP, ISFJs are quicker to admit they want relationships even though when they get into one, they subconsciously sabotage themselves, I don't like to admit am dreamy about love either, ISFJs are less afraid than INFPs of commitment, it's very important to them and is part of the norm whereas INFPs might question the whole 'value' of love, the meaning of a relationship, the greater big idea, etc)

That could be ISFP also though. I agree that ISFJs usually seem more open to commitment, but that's a bit of a stereotype too. Her parents abandoning her throws a big wrench into it....

-She was a fan of the Twilight series but doesn't say she likes them anymore because she doesn't want to seem like a conformist.

(I am always going on about this is cliche and that is cliche, very INFP. ISFJs don't care about conformity.)

That just sounds childish, not any type, but if it was, then almost any P.... INFPs don't have such poor taste in books anyway :tongue:
(Besides she HATES reading without pictures :shock: )

-She often lies or exaggerates to interest people. Once she said she'd been abused, but her conscience caught up to her and she admitted to lying about this. And, yes, I believe she was lying.

(More INFJ than ISFJ, don't know about ISFPs. ISFJs won't lie, I believe, they have very high sense of morals.)

ISFJs can lie....come on now. Again, this isn't type related so much as someone who is very immature. I think the OP said she is a young teen, so that explains a LOT of this.

-She considers herself "emo".

(More INFP, ISFJs don't like to admit their emotions are over the top or melodramatic, even if they are.)

INFPs usually don't like labels though, and most seem to especially loathe that one. Go to an INFP forum and call them "emos" and watch the reaction. I see an ISFJ preferring to be associated with a scene over an IxFP.

I think Habba did a clear breakdown....ISFJ seems most accurate, ISFP for runner up; but being a young teen, it's hard to say.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, for her it's not emotions - it's what all the "cool people" are doing, apparently.
And, apparently, because she thinks everyone else who isn't emo or punk or goth or anything is a "conformist".
*Cough* Hypocrite *cough*

Thanks for the input. I agree.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes i think INFP but the kind i want to stab 546 times.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's hard to tell between N and S at her age.

Personality Page

I can't get to the exact link for the moment so you'll have to navigate to the kid personality page. Follow the thumbnail image links. She's a little older than the age those were meant for but maybe you can get a feel for the typing of younger teens. I'd look on my own but my stupid computer won't bring up the page. I'm good with computers but this is a new one and I haven't worked it out yet;)