User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    I admit, when I called everyone in this thread an idiot, I wasn't exactly in the right ...

But I figured she was an idiot after her silly post directed towards me. Hell, she told me in a visitor message S types actively engage in assuming more than N types. I'm skeptical of people's N and N in general, and I have developed Judging. If that isn't a sign she has no idea what she's talking about, I don't know what is.
    Hey, no harm done. That was more in defense of everyone in general. I doubt she's an idiot, she just may have been misinformed about how the dichotomies work. When you talk to people about MBTI there's a ton of misinformation floating around and a TON of type bias, particularly with the perceiving functions. "Jeez, he's sOOOOO absent minded, must be iNtuitive!" or "he can't seem to see the big picture, so he MUST be S." I see it primarily in the form of bias AGAINST S's though, which bothers me. We have much more depth than we let on, trust me!

I'll admit that my understanding of the Jungian functions is very limited, but I have a small grasp on them. I just get confused with similar functions. Anyway, she was probably told by someone that S types assume too much and believed them. I would say assuming too much may be a characteristic of IxxP's in general, since they use dominant Ji. Ti and Fi are, at least in my mind, the most idealistic of functions since they claim either logic or ethics "in a vacuum" so to speak. This is cool in some ways, but slightly annoying sometimes, as they often forget to expand their judgments into the realistic, outer world that they actually live in. You tend to get a lot of arbitrary ethics or theoretical nonsense without any grip on reality, unless the tertiary Je is developed well. Although secondary Pi can aid in balance as well. Make sense?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I really can't describe to you how much I am appreciating this comparison.

It's rare for my inferior Ne to poke its head around, but when it does, it's usually pretty superior. (get it? get it?)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I admit, when I called everyone in this thread an idiot, I wasn't exactly in the right ...

But I figured she was an idiot after her silly post directed towards me. Hell, she told me in a visitor message S types actively engage in assuming more than N types. She also told me I'm skeptical of people's N and N in general, and I have developed Judging. If that isn't a sign she has no idea what she's talking about, I don't know what is.
    Really? I said you do. Not all S types. I was just giving you an opinion - take it with a grain of salt. If you misunderstood me? I'm sorry. But the fact that you don't know what N is and assume I don't type by functions? Saying you don't resort to insults after calling everyone on this forum an idiot? That, my dear, is hypocritical. I was taking a guess and forming an opinion based on what I know, it's called an educated guess, or a hypothesis. I never said I was sure at all. You can't expect anyone to be exact in typing. I said you "seem". I still think you're ISTJ. By the way - look up what iNtuition (N) and Judging (J) are. Socionics uses these at times. Try the site.

This is my last communication with you.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

brainheart

Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with your name. Tyrant, hmmm. Makes me think of desiring peace and love and harmony.... BY ENSLAVING BABY BUNNIES!

No, I have to agree it's silly to type people with such little information, not to mention the whole gazillions of theories out there. You see it with the 'experts' even: Keirsey says Princess Diana was an INFP. Thomson says ESFP. Keirsey says ISFJ for Mother Theresa. Thomson says ISFP. Whatever.

But it's still fun to try and figure out sometimes. You just can't see it as much more than a game, that's all. Like the ones ladies and gents used to play in the parlor.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with your name. Tyrant, hmmm. Makes me think of desiring peace and love and harmony.... BY ENSLAVING BABY BUNNIES!

No, I have to agree it's silly to type people with such little information, not to mention the whole gazillions of theories out there. You see it with the 'experts' even: Keirsey says Princess Diana was an INFP. Thomson says ESFP. Keirsey says ISFJ for Mother Theresa. Thomson says ISFP. Whatever.

But it's still fun to try and figure out sometimes. You just can't see it as much more than a game, that's all. Like the ones ladies and gents used to play in the parlor.
    You know what, I like you. That's how I look at it too.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Uh-oh, we've been lured (intentionally or unintentionally) off topic. So, show of hands, who thinks young ISFP?

brainheart

Maybe INFJ or ISFJ?

I really don't know. But that's what I was thinking when I read it this time.

I guess cause I just don't see the Fi...

I don't know. I think I need more. I think I need her to be twenty years older. Young teenager is when you are at your most nutso.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Maybe INFJ or ISFJ?

I really don't know. But that's what I was thinking when I read it this time.

I guess cause I just don't see the Fi...

I don't know. I think I need more. I think I need her to be twenty years older. Young teenager is when you are at your most nutso.
    I concur.

And I see little Fi or Ne/Ni. Which makes me think Si or Se. A lot of Fe though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I really can't describe to you how much I am appreciating this comparison.
    Oh I know, right? TOTAL win on the porta potty simile. I literally laughed out loud.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Princess Diana was undoubtedly an INFP. She could not be an ESFP. I would take ISFP before ESFP. Once again I'm taking Kiersey's side for Mother Theresa being an ISFJ. This Thomson person doesn't seem to know what the hell they're talking about.