User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 60

  1. #11
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Sorry, I'm bad at giving information. Let's see:
    -She hates school.
    -She calls herself stupid, which among other things gives me the impression of low-self-esteem.
    -She can get really emotional sometimes, and I can tell because that's when she acts the most melodramatic.
    -She often has friends sleep on the floor at slumber parties because she doesn't want her bed messed up.
    -She's not very friendly.
    -She often gets annoyed but never furious.
    -She's aggressive.
    -She listens to metal, punk rock, etc.
    -She usually hates reading if there aren't pictures.

    I am sort of starting to lean towards SJ...

    -She's protective of friends and if she truly likes you she won't keep secrets from you, in general, but she'll lie more because she feels she needs to in order to keep you as a friend.
    -She's proud of most relationships she has and often subtly boasts about them.

    I'm starting to think ISFJ...the typing of INFP was sort of rushed
    That girl couldn't be any more ISFP if someone clubbed her over the head with Please Understand Me conveniently opened to the chapter on ISFPs.

    ...

    *sigh* I concede.
    Maybe an ISfJ.
    But definitely ISFx.
    She just sounds like she needs to do a little more maturing, and then she'll be fine .

  2. #12
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I'd say ISfP...
    Yeah...you know what, you changed my mind. ISFP.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  3. #13
    Senior Member Soar337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    457
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Well..I can also relate to these a bit..she sounds like a slightly unhealthy INFP

    Oh, wait, I just read that she hates reading without pictures. That sounds like ISFP...
    <3

  4. #14
    Senior Member incubustribute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Young teenager.
    I'm pretty sure your whole personality type doesn't really become evident or conclusive until late teens/early 20's. I could be wrong though, and obviously there's exceptions to this, but what I think happens is that they tend to develop their dominant function, whatever that is, and the rest comes later to balance them out. My sister is 12, and I mean, I can tell you she's got LOTS of Fe, but other than that, not really sure. My brother is 17 and even he's a mystery to me. It's really difficult to tell until the person matures and experiences more of, well, life. Anyway, at that age I would say you might benefit from trying to figure out the dominant, but to go much further is almost like trying to start a little league baseball player out with weight training. It might actually impede their development if they have to worry about stuff like, "Oh jeez, I have a TYPE??!?!" before they're much more self aware.

    Feel free to disagree though, this is just my opinion/theory on the matter.

  5. #15
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    I'm pretty sure your whole personality type doesn't really become evident or conclusive until late teens/early 20's. I could be wrong though, and obviously there's exceptions to this, but what I think happens is that they tend to develop their dominant function, whatever that is, and the rest comes later to balance them out. My sister is 12, and I mean, I can tell you she's got LOTS of Fe, but other than that, not really sure. My brother is 17 and even he's a mystery to me. It's really difficult to tell until the person matures and experiences more of, well, life. Anyway, at that age I would say you might benefit from trying to figure out the dominant, but to go much further is almost like trying to start a little league baseball player out with weight training. It might actually impede their development if they have to worry about stuff like, "Oh jeez, I have a TYPE??!?!" before they're much more self aware.

    Feel free to disagree though, this is just my opinion/theory on the matter.
    Well, I would not know. I'm one of the exceptions. It helps me to have a type. And I am as rebellious as any teenager. I think it's because my dad hates kids who act like kids and expects all females to be exactly the same. He never allowed me to act like a kid after I turned six. Look at me, getting all mushy. I'm an ENFJ because that's what I've always had to be to get my dysfunctional family to get along. And now I've gone against my protective self and actually shared some of my thinking. Wow. Well, at least it's not good wording.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  6. #16
    Senior Member incubustribute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Well, I would not know. I'm one of the exceptions. It helps me to have a type. And I am as rebellious as any teenager. I think it's because my dad hates kids who act like kids and expects all females to be exactly the same. He never allowed me to act like a kid after I turned six. Look at me, getting all mushy. I'm an ENFJ because that's what I've always had to be to get my dysfunctional family to get along. And now I've gone against my protective self and actually shared some of my thinking. Wow. Well, at least it's not good wording.


    Alas, our types are always shaped by our upbringing. I wish I could say that as a 3 year old, I was sitting in the sandbox at school thinking, "you know what? I think I'd really like to be ENTJ when I grow up. MONEY!"

  7. #17
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post


    Alas, our types are always shaped by our upbringing. I wish I could say that as a 3 year old, I was sitting in the sandbox at school thinking, "you know what? I think I'd really like to be ENTJ when I grow up. MONEY!"
    That'd be cool. I would've tried to be a ENTP. They're so awesome.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  8. #18
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Dunno about her type, sounds likely to be dyslexic though.

  9. #19
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Dunno about her type, sounds likely to be dyslexic though.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I keep telling her, she's not stupid, she just hasn't learned a lot.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Well..I can also relate to these a bit..she sounds like a slightly unhealthy INFP

    Oh, wait, I just read that she hates reading without pictures. That sounds like ISFP...
    Yeah, even in middle school I read a lot and definitely lived in kind of a romanticized fantasy world. I'm not saying that all INFPs are necesarily avid readers, but saying that someone in their early teens won't read a book that doesn't have pictures is an awfully strong statement.

    It's other things, too, that to me just made her seem like a very young SP...not just the reading part.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Is constantly changing an INFP thing?
    By phoenix31 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-12-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. Is my friend an ISFP or INFP?
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 04:39 PM
  3. [ENFP] is my friend an ENFP?
    By IndyGhost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. Is My Dad an INFP or ISTJ?
    By Ginkgo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
  5. [ENFJ] Is my sister an ENFJ?
    By Nonsensical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO