User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default What type is he?

Just reconnected with someone and was curious about speculations on his type. I was going for ESTJ, maybe ISTJ. See what you think based on this description

1. Very responsible
    2. Talked about both his mother and father
    3. Talked about topics I'd never consider bringing up (such as his weight)
    4. Likes movies like Zombieland and Sean of the Dead
    5. Unfailingly respectful and nice
    6. Seemed not particularly amused by my self-deprecating humor or sense of irony. Also doesn't seem to find comic hyperbole at all hilarious.
    7. Very earnest
    8. Somewhat traditional and boring, but I felt like a horrible spawn of Satan for being bored since he's just so darn nice
    9. Very, very logical

ESTJ ?

MBTI
    CAT

All of that may point to ISTJ as well. (I could relate almost all of the points to my ISTJ boyfriend ) If he seems more extraverted, than he's more likely ESTJ, if he seems more introverted, than he's more likely ISTJ (even though I actually mistook my boyfriend for an extravert at first - before finding out how immensely private he is!).

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    All of that may point to ISTJ as well. (I could relate almost all of the points to my ISTJ boyfriend ) If he seems more extraverted, than he's more likely ESTJ, if he seems more introverted, than he's more likely ISTJ (even though I actually mistook my boyfriend for an extravert at first - before finding out how immensely private he is!).
    I love your Bowie avatar, btw.

Yes, I'm thinking maybe he's introverted although he seems ready and able to talk about anything if need be. I think perhaps he's willing to talk about anything more because he's extremely logical and practical rather than because he's genuinely extroverted. I'm guessing when he sees the need he just does it, no matter how it might make him feel.

He's an attorney, so I figure he's probably pretty willing to engage in conflict when the need arises. At first I figured conflict=extrovert, but now I'm not so sure that's correct.

BTW, this is someone I dated long ago and it never quite worked out the first time since I was insecure and misread the signals and withdrew, so he in turn withdrew. I finally contacted him again after a friend told me I was insane. Long story short, I wrote him some insane, baroque too-much-information kind of email about how I figured he hated me but I wanted to check to find out what had actually happened.

I felt and acted pretty much like an idiot but he was unfailingly kind, which by the way, turns me into putty. The boring thing drives me a little insane, but the sweetness, kindness and stability really attract me. I think our personality types together could either be very good, or a recipe for disaster and I'm still trying to figure out which.

brainheart

It sounds like he has Fe, not Fi, talking about his weight, being demonstratively nice, etc. My ISTJ dad and bro don't talk about personal stuff like that at all. Why not ESTP? I've heard they can kind of be social chameleons, and they can be very sweet and kind, traditional sometimes, etc, especially if he's interested in you... They also like to debate, which would tie in the fact that he's a lawyer.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility, not like I know.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

It isn't much to go on, but my guess is LSI (ISTj). My question is, how sure are you of your self-typing of INTP?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    It isn't much to go on, but my guess is LSI (ISTj). My question is, how sure are you of your self-typing of INTP?
    I'm actually not that sure about my typing. I took the Myers-Briggs in college a few times and I've taken the Kiersey somtimes and some random computer version. The last letter P/J usually comes out as a razor thin balance between the two. Sometimes P, somtimes J.

Introverted, no question.

In solving problems I tend to look for larger patterns and associations so probably Intuitive is correct as compared to sensing. I'm not always too practical.

Thinking vs. Feeling, if buying something new I'll often read all the reviews, take in all the comparison charts, etc, before making a decision--except sometimes on smaller things I'm impulsive and just do things on a whim.

And Perceiving vs. Judging I come out different ways on the tests frequently though more often on the Perceiving side.

I definitely have some of the "loser" traits of the INTP since if a decision bothers me significantly I can procrastinate it forever. I can get lost in my own world and a bit obsessive about thing. I can construct a consistent reality which makes sense to me, but it might not always mirror every fact of the real world. I remember things by seeing how they fit together rather than disjointed facts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Typing yourself by the four dichotomies is a big no-no, and a waste of time. You must type yourself with the functions.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'd say istj, I don't find estj all that logical actually (in general terms, so don't come to me to tell me that your cousin..).
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by skyler View Post
    I love your Bowie avatar, btw.
    Thank you!

Yes, I'm thinking maybe he's introverted although he seems ready and able to talk about anything if need be. I think perhaps he's willing to talk about anything more because he's extremely logical and practical rather than because he's genuinely extroverted. I'm guessing when he sees the need he just does it, no matter how it might make him feel.

He's an attorney, so I figure he's probably pretty willing to engage in conflict when the need arises. At first I figured conflict=extrovert, but now I'm not so sure that's correct.
    Actually right after I replied to your post last time I started thinking that ISFJ would also be an option (because the talking about his weight and parents and endless sweetness combined with infinite boredom reminds me a lot of some ISFJs I know), but I still think that your info points rather to an ISTJ. From what you wrote I haven't seen anything that would point to extraversion (the conflict thing and talking about anything don't have anything to do with extraversion; with extraverted thinking at the very most, which would point to ISTJ as well), so I'd be fairly sure about the introverted part. He definitely appears to me a Si dominant.

BTW, this is someone I dated long ago and it never quite worked out the first time since I was insecure and misread the signals and withdrew, so he in turn withdrew. I finally contacted him again after a friend told me I was insane. Long story short, I wrote him some insane, baroque too-much-information kind of email about how I figured he hated me but I wanted to check to find out what had actually happened.

I felt and acted pretty much like an idiot but he was unfailingly kind, which by the way, turns me into putty. The boring thing drives me a little insane, but the sweetness, kindness and stability really attract me. I think our personality types together could either be very good, or a recipe for disaster and I'm still trying to figure out which.
    I was wondering, have you ever considered yourself being an INFP instead of INTP? I might be mistaken, but I get a certain INFP-ISTJ vibe out of your story. The last paragraph I could have written myself a few months ago ><;; Perhaps it's just my imagination, but if I were you I would look more into the functions, as others here already advised you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I know an ISTJ who sounds like that. He is rather dry and sarcastic, but doesn't get my sense of humor (thinks I'm being serious...). Most ISTJs (especially mature ones) I know seem "nice" because they have a strong sense of duty and appropriateness. Fe's niceness is almost enveloping, like a hug turned into a strangle-hold
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe