User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Default Matthew's type... again.

What's my justification for it this time around? I've been to a few different type-specific forums and each forum seems to "claim" certain characteristics as being unique to their type; characteristics I normally associate with another. In short, I've seen a new perspective and I'm not entirely sure which is more accurate.

Anyways, cutting to the chase, the types I've been considering as potential alternatives to INTP are xSTx types, most notably ISTP. I'm fairly confident that I'm not as much of a sensortard as some Ns on this forum have admitted to being.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

INTj

I think it's safe for us to rule out everything besides INTJ or INTP.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I believe you're a clear INTj and INTP, and have no reason to doubt your self-typing (or do you?). What the hell is a sensortard, btw?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Matthew, with all your questioning about your type, *I* am starting to wonder if I am your type!

Nahhh, just kidding!

If you tell me, I'll tell you! How's that for a bargain?!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Matt, I have come to know you as a very thoughtful person and tho I thought you're an ass at the start, I have seen in many of your posts a sort of wisdom, insight and clarity I would wish for more people to have.

It hurts me to see you breaking your mind about this mbti nonsense. Finding a new perspective and then thinking one is another type, constantly happens to any rational being who truely thinks about himself. Heck I dont even trust people, who havent at least changed their types once. Look at some INTJs or INFJs here, they choosed this type and now they are that. What would you call that ? Progress ? I dont. Thats evolution backwards.

And that's basically what I mean. Finding yourself your essence and defining who you are, is a life long process. And most of all it will change directions many times on the way. I have came to understand that you have to focus on the way, not its ultimate goal. So you are now in a position to define or recognize certain things the way is made of better, cause someone gave it names with the functions Ti and Fe so on. And you even have the opportunity to talk about the things you see with people who do understand you, cause we have found a common language to communicate in.

But to arrive at the point now when you get frustrated about what your point is, means you are not concentrating on the way but rather looking for answers that will be never finite cause your own perspectives will change constantly.

I have been to where you are and as a friend, let me tell you: choose any type you find funny and play its role but know that type isnt finite and can never be found, if you are a person who constantly wants to grow and better oneself.

I have came to value your opinion and comments on many things. In my opinion we do kind of speak a similiar language (you're of course the smarter one, I am more into brawling ). So please try to not boggle your mind till its explodes with type shit. Find your peace with the mbti thing, cause exactly that new perspectives thing you named, will bring you everytime in newer and newer directions that can only if your mind is free and doesnt work under a general premisse, like "I have to do the impossible and knot down a type for me" carry you away on quests to bring you a kind of wisdom not known of before.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Damn, Entropie, that was a great post, man!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Damn, Entropie, that was a great post, man!
    No, it wasn't - all that post did was prove his ignorance. Excuse my rudeness, I'm an ENTJ with a highly developed Se today ...
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    What the hell is a sensortard, btw?
    physically clumsy or unaware
    Hello

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    What the hell is a sensortard, btw?
    It's slang that has arisen from the goofiness and insanity of our forum members over several years of talking about MBTI.

Specifically, it's shorthand for an N-type with a relatively undifferentiated/underdeveloped S function.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    INTj

I think it's safe for us to rule out everything besides INTJ or INTP.
    Why those two?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?