• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Matthew's type... again.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
What's my justification for it this time around? I've been to a few different type-specific forums and each forum seems to "claim" certain characteristics as being unique to their type; characteristics I normally associate with another. In short, I've seen a new perspective and I'm not entirely sure which is more accurate.

Anyways, cutting to the chase, the types I've been considering as potential alternatives to INTP are xSTx types, most notably ISTP. I'm fairly confident that I'm not as much of a sensortard as some Ns on this forum have admitted to being.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INTj :)

I think it's safe for us to rule out everything besides INTJ or INTP.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I believe you're a clear INTj and INTP, and have no reason to doubt your self-typing (or do you?). What the hell is a sensortard, btw?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Matthew, with all your questioning about your type, *I* am starting to wonder if I am your type! :D

Nahhh, just kidding! ;)

If you tell me, I'll tell you! How's that for a bargain?!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Matt, I have come to know you as a very thoughtful person and tho I thought you're an ass at the start, I have seen in many of your posts a sort of wisdom, insight and clarity I would wish for more people to have.

It hurts me to see you breaking your mind about this mbti nonsense. Finding a new perspective and then thinking one is another type, constantly happens to any rational being who truely thinks about himself. Heck I dont even trust people, who havent at least changed their types once. Look at some INTJs or INFJs here, they choosed this type and now they are that. What would you call that ? Progress ? I dont. Thats evolution backwards.

And that's basically what I mean. Finding yourself your essence and defining who you are, is a life long process. And most of all it will change directions many times on the way. I have came to understand that you have to focus on the way, not its ultimate goal. So you are now in a position to define or recognize certain things the way is made of better, cause someone gave it names with the functions Ti and Fe so on. And you even have the opportunity to talk about the things you see with people who do understand you, cause we have found a common language to communicate in.

But to arrive at the point now when you get frustrated about what your point is, means you are not concentrating on the way but rather looking for answers that will be never finite cause your own perspectives will change constantly.

I have been to where you are and as a friend, let me tell you: choose any type you find funny and play its role but know that type isnt finite and can never be found, if you are a person who constantly wants to grow and better oneself.

I have came to value your opinion and comments on many things. In my opinion we do kind of speak a similiar language (you're of course the smarter one, I am more into brawling :D). So please try to not boggle your mind till its explodes with type shit. Find your peace with the mbti thing, cause exactly that new perspectives thing you named, will bring you everytime in newer and newer directions that can only if your mind is free and doesnt work under a general premisse, like "I have to do the impossible and knot down a type for me" carry you away on quests to bring you a kind of wisdom not known of before.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn, Entropie, that was a great post, man! :cool:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What the hell is a sensortard, btw?

It's slang that has arisen from the goofiness and insanity of our forum members over several years of talking about MBTI.

Specifically, it's shorthand for an N-type with a relatively undifferentiated/underdeveloped S function.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My vote is INTJ. You really don't seem like an S to me. I think if you were a P it wouldn't bother you that much either if INFJs didn't get stuff done. You also usually seem to have thought something over before responding rather than thinking it out as you go and changing sides along the way (other than your type maybe...);)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
My vote is INTJ. You really don't seem like an S to me. I think if you were a P it wouldn't bother you that much either if INFJs didn't get stuff done. You also usually seem to have thought something over before responding rather than thinking it out as you go and changing sides along the way (other than your type maybe...);)

It's not the potential of not getting stuff done that bothers me. It's when they don't get much done but claim they do. and use this to justify something. Of course, there are INFJs that get something done. I simply haven't typed anyone that does such as INFJ.

Put informally:
"Congrats on your bull****, don't bother me about mine."

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's not the potential of not getting stuff done that bothers me. It's when they don't get much done but claim they do. and use this to justify something. Of course, there are INFJs that get something done. I simply haven't typed anyone that does such as INFJ.

Put informally:
"Congrats on your bull****, don't bother me about mine."

Whoops, was that last thing general or personal? I didn't intend anything insulting. What do you feel you are?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Whoops, was that last thing general or personal? I didn't intend anything insulting. What do you feel you are?

Oh no, that was a general note to unhealthy INFJs I know outside this forum.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude.

You're such an INTP it hurts.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think you're thinking about it too much. Take a break, refresh your mind, do something else, and go back to deciding your type later on.

Dude.

You're such an INTP it hurts.

LOL.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm with Entropie & Co. Why do you have the need to box yourself? No personality fits inside the boundaries of any explanation, and there's a danger that you will deny some aspect of yourself when you keep to the "norm" defined by someone who never knew you.