User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

No worries, incubustribute, you've been helpful. And I can see where it seems a bit weird to assume texting could be related to type. I do tend to overanalyze stuff. Like you say, brainheart, it's all a little silly. If the person is cool they're cool regardless of type. His behaviors might confuse me sometimes but he's a sweetie.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    No worries, incubustribute, you've been helpful. And I can see where it seems a bit weird to assume texting could be related to type. I do tend to overanalyze stuff. Like you say, brainheart, it's all a little silly. If the person is cool they're cool regardless of type. His behaviors might confuse me sometimes but he's a sweetie.
    It's easy to fall into the habit of typing people when it's either {a) unethical, b) unwarranted, c) useless} to do so. In my opinion, typing love interests is (in most cases) unwise because there's a number of risks you take in doing so. First, you might dismiss the love of your life as "not my preferred type." Second, if you start that habit even before the relationship, it's likely if you decide eventually to be together that you will continue being critical of his type tendencies (which according to theory he is unable to control or change) further into the relationship. And trust me, there's a 95% chance that your partner (not necessarily yours, cunning, but everyone in general) doesn't give a flying <you know what> about MBTI. I even have to dumb it down for my girlfriend because she hates it! And we're both the same type (at least, I'm pretty sure)! It's a crutch that I'm afraid of falling into, and I'd hate to see others go down that path, although I'm sure my opinion isn't the general consensus.

But anyways, </rant> and I'm glad you found my earlier posts useful After scanning what I just wrote, I want to clarify that I don't have a problem with learning about a love interest's type or functions to gain a better understanding, I just think love languages transcend MBTI. For example, an ENTJ could be soft as butter if he/she found his/her soul mate (if there is such a thing).