User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    In this case, complaining about what I'd said on the phone to my dad about him...how I had described him, actually. Perhaps that's Ne getting upset?
    Actually theoretically, Ne doesn't get upset. All it does is take in information; getting upset is more a judging function's area of expertise. I would say that could be Ti's claim for internal logical consistency combined with Fe's concern for people's behavior. You could also argue Fi for that sort of thing as well though.

brainheart

I don't see the Ne or Ni at all. He is totally an XSFP, like ridiculously. Funny, because I just typed someone else in another thread the same way because she reminded me of my husband and this guy does, too. What makes me think ESFP is that he hates sitting still, he feels a need to see his family a lot, and how he plays practical jokes, etc, at work. I think ESFPs can a lot of times not seem like what we think of as extroverts because I think extroversion for them is primarily a physical connection with the outside world vs a social one. So they can be shy or self-conscious at times but they always have to be moving. My husband heaps loads of love and praise on me all of the time, too.

brainheart

Another thing that makes me think ESFP is his need to verbalize all of this to you- it's like he thinks out loud. Read it all again.... sooooo ESFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Ok...so I get random texts from this guy sometimes. Random "you're wonderful and I love you" via text. ESFPish? ENFPish? ENFJish? Also calling me say at 6:30 last night because I didn't respond to his texts from noon. And during the course of the call asking if I was free not this Saturday but next Saturday to attend some birthday party of some girl he says was a high school friend. I've seen him and her together at two parties previously and he doesn't talk to her. I don't understand why he considers a girl he doesn't speak to from high school a friend let alone why he has to be at her birthday party and thirdly why I'm expected at such things. To me this is extraneous social interaction.

Oh and during the call he also reminded me for about the 5th time about a music concert Nov. 20th. I get frustrated when I'm repeatedly reminded about an event that I have said I want to go to and am clearly interested in (I'm a big fan of this musician as well). My ISTJ mother exhibits this type of "friendly reminding" actually, and it always makes extreme-P me irritated. When he does this type of reminding I begin to wonder if he's a P actually and not a J. The Ps I know prefer not to plan anything in advance unless it's a big event and then it's always understood that obviously you'll remember it because it's a big event.

I'm starting to think that he has a good amount of Fe in him...concern for group politeness more so than I. So that might narrow things down. ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

ESFP.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

INFJ I think. Family and people oriented as a sense of duty, emotional, defensive of own creativity, the gentle reminding is not esfp at all, neither are the family activities, esfp are very fun-loving, not conservative.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ok...so I get random texts from this guy sometimes. Random "you're wonderful and I love you" via text. ESFPish? ENFPish? ENFJish?

This is ridiculous. Have you considered the possibility that he DOES love you and you ARE wonderful to him? Why are you doing this to yourself?

MBTI is great for behavioral pop psychology, but you can't put in a box. (I'm assuming of course that he's serious with these texts?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I was just providing information, incubustribute, because I have no idea what might be type relevant and what might not be. I would be doing this because I want to know what I'm dealing with, and I like using type to know how to relate to people better. It's helped me understand my mom, friends, others in my department.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

brainheart

Ok...so I get random texts from this guy sometimes. Random "you're wonderful and I love you" via text. ESFPish? ENFPish? ENFJish? Also calling me say at 6:30 last night because I didn't respond to his texts from noon. And during the course of the call asking if I was free not this Saturday but next Saturday to attend some birthday party of some girl he says was a high school friend. I've seen him and her together at two parties previously and he doesn't talk to her. I don't understand why he considers a girl he doesn't speak to from high school a friend let alone why he has to be at her birthday party and thirdly why I'm expected at such things. To me this is extraneous social interaction.

Oh and during the call he also reminded me for about the 5th time about a music concert Nov. 20th. I get frustrated when I'm repeatedly reminded about an event that I have said I want to go to and am clearly interested in (I'm a big fan of this musician as well). My ISTJ mother exhibits this type of "friendly reminding" actually, and it always makes extreme-P me irritated. When he does this type of reminding I begin to wonder if he's a P actually and not a J. The Ps I know prefer not to plan anything in advance unless it's a big event and then it's always understood that obviously you'll remember it because it's a big event.

I'm starting to think that he has a good amount of Fe in him...concern for group politeness more so than I. So that might narrow things down. ?
    My ESFP is the exact same way, and I have had the same Fe vs Fi confusion about it. You know, it's all goofy, anyway, I'm realizing.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I was just providing information, incubustribute, because I have no idea what might be type relevant and what might not be. I would be doing this because I want to know what I'm dealing with, and I like using type to know how to relate to people better. It's helped me understand my mom, friends, others in my department.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
    I guess I was a bit rude there... my b.

I'm not saying typology is useless, but I guess I was assuming too much about the texting. If it helps you than great, I wish you luck