• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh dear, Argus and the E/I battle.

What type is Argus?

• Total voters

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I had been planning on writing this before a few members suggested that I may be an INTP, so that is merely a coincidence in relation to my posting this, but it certainly did fortify my uncertainty.

More and more I have been receding from prolonged period's social interaction. Even tonight I found myself escaping two or three times within a six hour window because I needed a break from the intensity. Normally hanging out with my friends isn't too socially taxing and I can be within talking distance of them for days, but tonight there were some acquaintances that are a bit more boisterous. Even outside of tonight I generally avoid clearly congenial and gregarious group opportunities.

A few weeks ago I met a rather outgoing girl in psychology class. I thought she was cool so I invited her to hang out that weekend. Unfortunately I found her almost unbearably talkative - like she'd explode if she didn't talk. Eventually she felt a little less nervous and piped now a bit, but I doubt I'll intentionally put myself in another long car ride with her.

I tend to reverse-reflect whatever social environment I'm in.
If everyone is arguing, I'll try to unify them.
If everyone is in agreement fairy-tail land, I'll try to get them to identify their differences and maybe even argue.
If everyone is quiet, I'll quite skillfully allure them into group conversation.
If there is one or more overly talkative person's, I'll remain as silent as the dead.

My question is:
As far as you can tell according to your own observations and criteria, what do you think my type is?

Feel free to pick my brain as much as you'd like before voting if you have any questions. If you don't, go ahead and vote... maybe even say why you voted the way you did.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Were you an introverted child?

I was always the wild, outgoing, charismatic, speak-my-mind, "doer".
I have an INTP brother that I always dragged along as my wingman. My parents say we were opposites.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Who's to say you're ENTP or INTP? Stop using the four dichotomies to type yourselves.

If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was always the wild, outgoing, charismatic, speak-my-mind, "doer".
I have an INTP brother that I always dragged along as my wingman. My parents say we were opposites.

Hmm, in light of this new information, perhaps you are an extrovert.

I dunno...

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Who's to say you're ENTP or INTP? Stop using the four dichotomies to type yourselves.

If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?

I have zero interpersonal abilities.
There is an overwhelming amount of variables to those questions. But I'm about to go to bed and I have a feeling those questions will stick with me.

...............................................................................................................................

Let's fuck the questions and just get to the bottom line and VOTE.

krunchtime

I have zero interpersonal abilities.
There is an overwhelming amount of variables to those questions. But I'm about to go to bed and I have a feeling those questions will stick with me............................................Let's fuck the questions and just get to the bottom line and VOTE.

Umm, but outgoing and charismatic? Isn't that interpersonal skills? ENTPs are supposed to interact well. I vote ENTP :)

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Umm, but outgoing and charismatic? Isn't that interpersonal skills? ENTPs are supposed to interact well. I vote ENTP :)

Ahh! I meant intrapersonal. But... I do have good abilities in that area, it's just convoluted - an endless pit of overlapping and remotely connected web of feelings and observations, all observable yet indistinguishable.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How is it possible to vote with basically zero information?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Welp ... Everything you said could apply to many types.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Welp ... Everything you said could apply to many types.

I suppose this was meant more for members that I interact with fairly frequently.
My 434 posts speak louder than any self actualizing biography can.

This is between ENTP and INTP, not any of the other many types.

P.S. What you say is every bit as important as how you say it.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I suppose this was meant more for members that I interact with fairly frequently.

That's a tad limiting, don't you think? Really, I see nothing wrong about your self-typing of ENTP with the information in this thread.

My 434 posts speak louder than any self actualizing biography can.

I doubt that.

There's an option for Other. My mistake, though, I thought you wanted a clear and accurate assessment.

Ingrid in grids

My vote probably doesn't count much, but it was just vibes. :) I spoke to an ENTP about the introversion/extraversion thing with ENTPs though, and he said it was pretty common for ENTPs to be low on the e.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I gave your the courtesy of skimming through all of your posts and you say mostly annoying, negative, shit that means nothing.

Two functions define a type? LOL. MBTI really is a piece of crap.

Socionics is superior in every way. Believe it!

And they have a forum where you can live freely and happily. Please go there and stay there.

This is my thread. I'm not a troll, I'm like a shepard protecting his flock... my flock being this thread.
But it is my thread, so I can troll it all I want.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're among one of the most obvious ENTPs I've met on here Argus.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well I just went through your posts and you say mostly annoying negative shit and means nothing.

And they have a forum where you can live freely and happily. Please go there and stay there.

This is my thread. I can troll it all I want.
What does that have to do with anything? I have no problems with your way of posting, and agree with your self typing.

This is TypologyCentral, don't be idiotic.

The post you quoted was also not written in a serious manner.