User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Argus?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

    20 80.00%
  • INTP

    4 16.00%
  • Other (Explain)

    1 4.00%
123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 48

  1. #1
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default Oh dear, Argus and the E/I battle.

    I had been planning on writing this before a few members suggested that I may be an INTP, so that is merely a coincidence in relation to my posting this, but it certainly did fortify my uncertainty.

    More and more I have been receding from prolonged period's social interaction. Even tonight I found myself escaping two or three times within a six hour window because I needed a break from the intensity. Normally hanging out with my friends isn't too socially taxing and I can be within talking distance of them for days, but tonight there were some acquaintances that are a bit more boisterous. Even outside of tonight I generally avoid clearly congenial and gregarious group opportunities.

    A few weeks ago I met a rather outgoing girl in psychology class. I thought she was cool so I invited her to hang out that weekend. Unfortunately I found her almost unbearably talkative - like she'd explode if she didn't talk. Eventually she felt a little less nervous and piped now a bit, but I doubt I'll intentionally put myself in another long car ride with her.

    I tend to reverse-reflect whatever social environment I'm in.
    If everyone is arguing, I'll try to unify them.
    If everyone is in agreement fairy-tail land, I'll try to get them to identify their differences and maybe even argue.
    If everyone is quiet, I'll quite skillfully allure them into group conversation.
    If there is one or more overly talkative person's, I'll remain as silent as the dead.

    My question is:
    As far as you can tell according to your own observations and criteria, what do you think my type is?

    Feel free to pick my brain as much as you'd like before voting if you have any questions. If you don't, go ahead and vote... maybe even say why you voted the way you did.

    Thanks
    You can call me Charles.

  2. #2
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Were you an introverted child?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #3
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Were you an introverted child?
    I was always the wild, outgoing, charismatic, speak-my-mind, "doer".
    I have an INTP brother that I always dragged along as my wingman. My parents say we were opposites.
    You can call me Charles.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Who's to say you're ENTP or INTP? Stop using the four dichotomies to type yourselves.

    If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

    When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

  5. #5
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    I was always the wild, outgoing, charismatic, speak-my-mind, "doer".
    I have an INTP brother that I always dragged along as my wingman. My parents say we were opposites.
    Hmm, in light of this new information, perhaps you are an extrovert.

    I dunno...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #6
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Who's to say you're ENTP or INTP? Stop using the four dichotomies to type yourselves.

    If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

    When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?
    I have zero interpersonal abilities.
    There is an overwhelming amount of variables to those questions. But I'm about to go to bed and I have a feeling those questions will stick with me.


    .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

    Let's fuck the questions and just get to the bottom line and VOTE.
    You can call me Charles.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    I have zero interpersonal abilities.
    There is an overwhelming amount of variables to those questions. But I'm about to go to bed and I have a feeling those questions will stick with me............................................Let' s fuck the questions and just get to the bottom line and VOTE.
    Umm, but outgoing and charismatic? Isn't that interpersonal skills? ENTPs are supposed to interact well. I vote ENTP

  8. #8
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krunchtime View Post
    Umm, but outgoing and charismatic? Isn't that interpersonal skills? ENTPs are supposed to interact well. I vote ENTP
    Ahh! I meant intrapersonal. But... I do have good abilities in that area, it's just convoluted - an endless pit of overlapping and remotely connected web of feelings and observations, all observable yet indistinguishable.
    You can call me Charles.

  9. #9
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    entp
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    181

    Default

    How is it possible to vote with basically zero information?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Oh Dear~Aphrodite Questions Christianity, Specifically the Resurrection, Etc.
    By AphroditeGoneAwry in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
  3. The difference of the N and the S mind in Art and Music
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
  4. [Te] The Message and the Messenger
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO