User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Ok, I just checked out your age - 20 - and that's still kinda young in terms of personality development (in my opinion). Now I'm gonna make myself sound all old and stuff, but I was pretty clueless as a teenager about my personality (in hindsight, I'd call my teenage self half-formed/to-be-determined), and given my lack of friends, social ineptitude and inability to click with really anyone on a deep level, fear/dislike of many of my peers, my interest in math and science and disinterest in many of the the more stereotypical 'F' pursuits/inclinations, I would have tested as T, and really related to the T descriptions. I'm reasonably certain in my teens I would not have tested or identified with INFJ, and even in my early 20's I did not test as such or see how I could possibly be an NF.

All of this is to say...growing up is the process of learning more about yourself and honing in on who you are...and a lot of that happens in ones 20's. Or maybe I was just stunted and I was a really late bloomer. (by the way, I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything, although it probably comes across that way)

So maybe in your late teens you identified with INTP. Maybe in another few years you'll have come to new understandings of yourself and you'll realize that's not your 'best fit', and really you're more INTJ. Or, maybe INTP will just take root even deeper and you'll continue identifying with it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Don't listen to cascadeco.

Your hobbies have absolutely nothing to do with your MBTI type, I c/p my post from an earlier thread and never edited that out.

Honestly, papers, I believe you're a LSE (ESTj) from what you've just given me.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think you should contemplate the functions i.e. NiTe (INTJ) or TiNe (INTP) to make your final decision.

Would you say you're more Ni or more Ti? Secondary Te or Ne?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post

Your hobbies have absolutely nothing to do with your MBTI type, I c/p my post from an earlier thread and never edited that out.

Honestly, papers, I believe you're a LSE (ESTj) from what you've just given me, and a MBTI ESTJ, too.
    Did I say hobbies had anything to do with mbti type? No, I didn't. Don't snatch up any one element of my post and speak only to that; you missed the broader context.

Self-rating of our own personality is ultimately about our own perception of ourselves, and it is our *perception* of ourselves (whether accurate or inaccurate) that determines how we test, and how we relate to various type descriptions. If one perceives himself as being primarily rational/logical based on any number of factors, he's going to test and relate to any descriptions that would speak to his perception - whether or not it is truly 'accurate'. And most people when introduced to mbti - through testing or whatever - are going to have a superficial understanding of the system anyway, so they will only know of the stereotypes. The questions tend to follow the stereotypes. One could almost say that if the majority of people/organizations who are acquainted with and utilize mbti only know of the stereotypes, dichotomies, and little personality blurbs (and not the functions), for all practical purposes, mbti IS the stereotyping.

But yeah, totally off-topic, paperoceans, I'm sorry.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Ok, I just checked out your age - 20 - and that's still kinda young in terms of personality development (in my opinion). Now I'm gonna make myself sound all old and stuff, but I was pretty clueless as a teenager about my personality (in hindsight, I'd call my teenage self half-formed/to-be-determined), and given my lack of friends, social ineptitude and inability to click with really anyone on a deep level, fear/dislike of many of my peers, my interest in math and science and disinterest in many of the the more stereotypical 'F' pursuits/inclinations, I would have tested as T, and really related to the T descriptions. I'm reasonably certain in my teens I would not have tested or identified with INFJ, and even in my early 20's I did not test as such or see how I could possibly be an NF.

All of this is to say...growing up is the process of learning more about yourself and honing in on who you are...and a lot of that happens in ones 20's. Or maybe I was just stunted and I was a really late bloomer. (by the way, I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything, although it probably comes across that way)

So maybe in your late teens you identified with INTP. Maybe in another few years you'll have come to new understandings of yourself and you'll realize that's not your 'best fit', and really you're more INTJ. Or, maybe INTP will just take root even deeper and you'll continue identifying with it.

I kind of relate to this. When I was a teenager I initially tested myself as INFJ, but after learning more about MBTI and Socionics and taking more tests I realize that this is virtually impossible, because I have extraordinarily high Fi and only moderate Fe. I also employ Ne much more in "what I do" or what I'm good at, than I do Ni...it's not that I don't use Ni, but I associate my strengths with Fi and Ne, not Fe and Ni.

Also, I don't think bipolar disorder would necessarily make you a P in any event. I've met unmedicated mentally ill people who are most certainly Js beyond a shadow of a doubt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Did I say hobbies had anything to do with mbti type? No, I didn't. Don't snatch up any one element of my post and speak only to that; you missed the broader context.
    Wasn't directed towards you. It was also plainly obvious.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post

Honestly, papers, I believe you're a LSE (ESTj) from what you've just given me.
    You may think she's an ESTj because of her obvious use of Te. That means she probably is a INTJ, not an INTP.

I doubt she completely tested her self wrong as introverted and intuitive as well as being perceiving instead of judging. ESTJ is almost opposite of INTP except for the T. I trust that she knows herself better than you do, unless you have had extended PM conversations with her, or know her IRL.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I actually don't think that ESTJ is too much of a shot in the dark for her. I don't get N from her at all. She seems SJ. If she's an ESTJ, she would have tertiary Ne, and that might be pretty developed and may be misleading her.

ESTJ - On A Team
    ESTJ
    Cognitive Processes and Problem Solving
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You may think she's an ESTj because of her obvious use of Te. That means she probably is a INTJ, not an INTP.

I doubt she completely tested her self wrong as introverted and intuitive as well as being perceiving instead of judging. ESTJ is almost opposite of INTP except for the T. I trust that she knows herself better than you do, unless you have had extended PM conversations with her, or know her IRL.
    I see a clear Te > Ti preference with no indication of Ni (she actually says things that points to her not valuing Ni). Has listed being qualities, behavior, and values that go extremely well with the Delta Quadra - very obvious. And before anyone says it, obviously if I believe you are an Socionics ESTj, you aren't a MBTI INTJ or INTP.

She was sure of ENTP. She was sure of being INTP just a few weeks ago, now the descriptions don't fit at all. She admitted to testing as many other types (ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ), as well. She also types with the four dichotomies, and seems to have very limited knowledge of the functions (this could be false, not too sure). This post isn't meant to be insulting, btw.

Stop typing with the four dichotomies, sunrise.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post

How does one go from ENTP to INTJ? At the end of all this you might land at ISFJ... if you keep you current trajectory.
    Without mentioning names, there's someone in this forum who went from ENFP in 2007, to ESTP in 2008, to ENTJ in 2009.
    I'm wondering who they will be in 2010.