User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I suck at multitasking--I just need to do one thing at a time.
    I think if anything points to Extraverted Thinking, it's this.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Yea, you're problem right. I read the character traits of an INTP and my mother agrees that I'm nothing like that; definitely an INTJ. So I've been mistyped for five years, my GOD.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Typing yourself by the four dichotomies is waste of time. "I'm really tidy - You sound J, that points to J, etc." The thing is many people here don't have the slightest clue what the functions mean.

If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?

You may not even be NT.

No, it doesn't.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ENTP

My dad is an INTJ and he is COMPLETELY disorganized. Thank god for my ESFJ mother...

J and P have nothing to do with orderliness.

How does one go from ENTP to INTJ? At the end of all this you might land at ISFJ... if you keep you current trajectory.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    My dad is an INTJ and he is COMPLETELY disorganized. Thank god for my ESFJ mother...

J and P have nothing to do with orderliness.

How does one go from ENTP to INTJ? At the end of all this you might land at ISFJ... if you keep you current trajectory.
    Yes, you can't be an ENFP on Tuesdays and then an ISTP on Thursdays.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    How so? My understanding of Extraverted Thinking is that it's all about following a plan or identifying agreed-upon procedures, so that goals can be achieved in a rational, measureable and predictable manner. This often results in performing a stated, linear sequence of tasks one step at a time.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How so?
    It isn't type related, and has nothing to do with Te. The need to do one thing at a time =/= Te.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    It isn't type related, and has nothing to do with Te. The need to do one thing at a time =/= Te.
    How would you define Extraverted Thinking?
    Hello

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

It's important to keep in mind that INTJs are not just organized INTPs.
    ---
    On the subject of extroverted thinking: Te is more like "do whatever is efficient in order to achieve goals". If multitasking was the way to go, Te would dictate that the individual multitask. Many Te users will prefer to do things in a somewhat linear fashion, but VF, your description sounds more like Si+Te to me.

EDIT: Also, I'm just playing a wee bit of devil's advocate. It's totally possible that Paperoceans is INTJ, but I think it's important that we don't suggest so based on flawed conclusions.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

If you want to know your true type, you must write a description of yourself without using such a poor method. Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?

You may not even be NT.
    People and tasks? I interact with everyone, I do not discriminate. Erm, what people usually think about me: know it all, stubborn, arrogant, funny, quirky, sarcastic, smiley, snobbish, aloof, unapproachable, etc. Tasks? I always write down everything in my agenda and then when I get home I add it to my calendar and set the alarm two hours early so that I'm not late. I hate people who are late. I typically do one thing at a time... Again. I set personal goals and deadlines so that I can complete personal projects. I feel lost if I do not have a deadline, it's too unknown and open.

Interests and hobbies... I play the ukulele and research different genres for fun... I research different religions for the ~thrill. I actually spend the majority of my time researching and reading... Which may sound boring for most people. I like facts and do not care for theories or for other points of view, kind of stubborn, but oh well. If something isn't factual I dismiss it. I really do not see what my hobbies has to do with my MBTI type.

Priorities... I have goals that I must accomplish. I write step-by-step guidelines for myself for fun or when I'm bored. I already planned my schedule for school for the next two years. I have a clear idea of how I want things to be and I refuse to allow things to get in the way of my plan. I have a plan and I will accomplish it I see things in black and white; something is either wrong or right and it's very hard to get me to change my mind on something, even if I'm wrong. I also hate change...

In a group... I'm focused on the conversation. What is being said and whether or not it's interesting. I have a hard time reading people's emotions and emotional people make me feel uncomfortable. I do not respond well to emotional arguments, etc. My brother once joked that I'm a robot and that I have "no emotions". But I do, I have two feelings... Happy and angry. I suck at conversing. I can never get my point across because I do not know how to turn it into... yea, like that. I'm bad at describing my thoughts and I'm even worse when it comes to ~talking about my feelings.

Typical group behavior... I don't know. I don't pay attention to these things. I'm just there! I prefer small quiet groups with one or two people... We tend to talk about nonsense. I remember an INTJ wrote a lengthy post about her having a conversation with an imaginary man at the docks, her conversation with John Smith is pretty much how I talk on a daily basis.

OK, I really hate talking about myself. I've said too much :o
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.