• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe Im ISFP??

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
So started thinking I might be an ISFP. When I though about it, it seemedto make sense. Now, Im not sure. It might explain a few things. My occasional randomness and, sometimes dumbninimty. I might just be a rare smart one... My ex-girlfriend is an ESFP and her INFJ bestfriend seemed to think we were similar. We both had the same kind of humor, think ESFPs when they are being cheeky. The personalitypages type description seemes to fit well. Plus I have suspected I have Ni.

I write stories but never finish them, used to write poetry. Imagination is extremely important to me. I could go on but it might become a bit irrelevant.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate a good bit to you. I saw the light when I started to read up on what Ni really did and stuff. You just have to find good definitions of the functions, and understand what they do. ISFP makes perfect sense for me. I used to think I was an INFP, just because of the stereotypes around here.

Why do you think you're intuitive?

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well maybe the ISFPs can give a little insight into whether this is true or not, but do most ISFPs not seem to like talking about philosophical things (as I've read in some of the profiles)?

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well, Blackcat. Thought Im intuitive as I have made intuitive leaps in connecting ideas and do like to philosophize, but it's more that I used to and I don't anymore. I dont think I answer honestly in type tests anymore as my reference points are all from years ago. N (*)sounds(*) more appealing than S. I just find it impossible to tell, which ever I am I can't compare to another way of thinking so I don't know what my way should be labeled as.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
From which website do I order? Is the IQ priced per point? If you order a lot of points, do you get a volume discount?
:doh:

You have to trade in some of your carefree individuality. IQ is up against the CI and it's not worth the exchange, I'd wait until the market crashes.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
At the current prices, I might have to trade in too much of the CI to get enough of the IQ so that I'm not left as an empty vessel. IQ stocks are clearly inflated, due to speculation.
The crash should come soon.
:headphne:

You have to trade in some of your carefree individuality. IQ is up against the CI and it's not worth the exchange, I'd wait until the market crashes.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
For me, that is true. I don't really like talking about something that abstract and unconnected to the world in which I live. But if the philosophical things are within the context of something, such as a surrealistic movie or piece of artwork or musical composition, I am very happy to talk on and on about the concepts under consideration.

Well maybe the ISFPs can give a little insight into whether this is true or not, but do most ISFPs not seem to like talking about philosophical things (as I've read in some of the profiles)?

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
For me, that is true. I don't really like talking about something that abstract and unconnected to the world in which I live. But if the philosophical things are within the context of something, such as a surrealistic movie or piece of artwork or musical composition, I am very happy to talk on and on about the concepts under consideration.

Yeah. I only really get into ideas that I feel are relevant. Like my beliefs on education for example, I couldnt really get in to an idea that couldn't improve our way of life.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Tell me more about your beliefs on education. I'm always up for a good conversation about education.

Yeah. I only really get into ideas that I feel are relevant. Like my beliefs on education for example, I couldnt really get in to an idea that couldn't improve our way of life.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How often do you use your imagination to think of things that appeal to your senses, and are sensory elements in your daydreams typically important aspects to you? When you wrote stories and poetry, was lavish sensory detail prominent? (Though be careful there because occasional poems and stories may reflect aspects of yourself that aren't at the fore most of the time. Look at Philip Larkin.)

Also, what sort of thing do you class as 'unconnected to the world in which we live'? Where you draw the line may offer an indication. Maybe even the fact that you draw a line at all. Personally I'm having trouble thinking of any idea or subject that I consider unconnected to the world in which I live. When I find something boring it's never for that reason, but usually because it's too impersonal (F) or I don't understand it (insufficient knowledge or cognitive ability).

yoginimama

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
From "Personality Type: An Owner's Manual" by Lenore Thomson (p.38):

"An easy way to see the difference between our two Perceiving functions [S&N] is to think about the crew of the Starship Enterprise on the classic Star Trek series. Scotty...behaves like a Sensation type. He is persuaded by nothing less than actual experience, and his focus is always on objects and conditions as they really exist--fuel, dilithium crystals, and not having enough time to repair the ship.

"His direct opposite is Captain Kirk, the quintessential Intuitive, whose focus is squarely on the possible--the not-yet-tried....Kirk is a master of the Great Idea but has little sense of the details or strategy needed to bring it about."

Of course, that's one of those-there oversimplifications...Spock's focus is also on the possible, but with his exactness and concern for rules and procedures, he's usually typed as an ISTJ. So the other functions influence how S or N will manifest.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, Blackcat. Thought Im intuitive as I have made intuitive leaps in connecting ideas and do like to philosophize, but it's more that I used to and I don't anymore. I dont think I answer honestly in type tests anymore as my reference points are all from years ago. N (*)sounds(*) more appealing than S. I just find it impossible to tell, which ever I am I can't compare to another way of thinking so I don't know what my way should be labeled as.

Intuition is a process. ISFPs has Ni as a relief function. Connecting ideas is pretty Ni. The tests are biased, and the makers of this system in general are biased. Since most of them are NT. So naturally being N will sound more appealing. You just have to make it work for you and see the fundamentals of it.

You're probably an S, with a developed Ni. I just basically zone out of philosophical conversations about abstract concepts that don't apply to real life. I am here because I feel that this applies to real life. This has helped me understand people more, since I have a hard time with people. So I see it as a useful tool.

Everything needs to apply to real life. I hate learning for the sake of learning, it totally disinterests me. This is why I have a very short patience for school... I will do better when I get around to my major's classes.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I took the humanetrics test and got INFJ with weak J. I'm just going toexcept I don't know and leave it at that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the humanetrics test and got INFJ with weak J. I'm just going toexcept I don't know and leave it at that.

Tests don't really mean anything. They just get you going in the right direction.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, I've no idea the direction. Some and a lot from all three seem to apply. It doesn't matter, Im still me with or without a label.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to think you're ISFP based on your posts. Sure, INFP is a possibility seeing as N/S can be hard to determine, especially online in an environment that is more theoretical/philosophically oriented, but I'm just not getting a big INFP 'vibe'.

But definitely not INFJ. ;) (and I don't mean that in a negative slant, it is simply that there are several INFJ's on this site and they all tend to have similar modes of communication/expression in their posts, which come across differently from your posting style - both mode of expression as well as what is talked about )

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Most of my posts wouldn't be an accurate judgement. I feel whatever I am is well balanced and only getting more so. So I am happy with that.