• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Decision Making Styles by Type

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
1. What's your letters?
2. Which style fits you (even if it is not your letters)?
3. Which style would you prefer to date?

A.
EJ TYPES (ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ)
"I want to decide and get on with my life."
EJ students often choose a major on their "to-do" list soon after reaching college. It is not uncommon for them to seek career counseling early, hoping to declare a major before the first semester ends. Early decision making can have its drawbacks. For example, an EJ student may decide at an early age to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer but then discover that he or she lacks the necessary ability or the continuing interest. The student may then become disappointed and want to hurry up and choose another major because "I don't want to waste any more time." Ironically, what such students often need to do is slow down and collect more information. Managers, school administrators, and organizers are found in this category.
B.
IJ TYPES (ISTJ, INFJ, ISFJ, INTJ)
"I want to be sure about my selection."
The IJ types will probably spend a lot of time researching and reflecting before reaching a final decision. They often consult books and other resources on majors and careers. Because they tend to stick with a decision once its made, the information they collect must be carefully considered. Because their thinking is done alone, however, they may surprise people when they announce their plans. Accountatnts, computer programmers, and engineers are often found in this category.
C.
EP TYPES (ESTP, ESFP, ENFP, ENTP)
"I want to experience it before deciding."
For EP types, deciding tends to be an ongoing process. They often decide by trial and error. They typically want, and try, to do it all-every course, major, or extracurricular activity that appeals to them. Changing their mind helps to reassure them that they still have options open, but they often don't know how to choose among the options. Their style, however, can be very difficult for parents to understand, especially parents who have a Judging style. EP types can become better decision makers by accepting that the decision is part of the journey not the final destination. Psychologists, counselors, authors, and helping types are often found in theis category.
D. IP TYPES (ISTP, ISFP, INFP, INTP)
"I wonder what I'll be when I grow up."
IP students often want to delay a decision about a major until they can consider all options, which they do at their own pace. Although they may resist deadlines imposed by others, they sometimes need the outside influences to help them make a decision. When they can tell themselves that no decision is ever final, they can move ahead. Even in midlife, they often say they don't know for sure what they want to be when they grow up. Their style of decision making often reflects a struggle between the vast amounts of information they are exploring from the outer world (which can be overwelming) and their need to be true to their inner world. The world's artists and creative types are often found in this category. A career path for them is a never-ending quest for more knowledge, facts, or inspiration.

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
1. IxFP
2. IP style! :p The slowest ones to decide.
3. I personally like EJ types.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm INTJ, but I relate a lot more to the EJ decision making. In fact I'm pretty much doing exactly what's described there right now.

The information gathering thing really only applies to me when it comes to solidifying opinions on things I'm not that interested in.

Oh, dating, none of those sound that appealing to me for some reason. They'd all be tolerable.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
1. INTP
2. IP, although I pretend to have an IJ style so people take me "seriously."
3. Whatever type that has a better decision making process than the ones described above.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. INFP

2. Based on those descriptions, IJ matches me the most, with IP as a fairly close second. This is mostly when it comes to major things like a career path, though; in those cases, I try to clarify what already feels like the right decision. With things that require precision, like matters of life and death, and things on a more practical and concrete level, I'm prone to do the wondering, exploring thing. In those cases, I always lack that inner certainty, because I'm so intimidated by the cost of making the wrong choice and so unable to deal with the practical, concrete details. As a result, I end up becoming obsessive-compulsive: checking and double-checking and second-guessing everything. So that's probably more like the IP style and maybe even the EP one.

3. I would prefer to date the EP style, with IP as a close second. I'm energized by all that bouncing-off-the-walls exploration, and it helps to bring me out of my thick shell.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. infp.
2. IP.
3. None of those are really characteristics on which I would chose to date someone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1. entp
2. I cant decide
3. Gimme some more time !