User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Am I INFP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Am I INFP?

I've finally gotten tired of not understanding some of the posters when they get into socionics. So I found an online test.
    Tests

My results were INFJ, but also Fi, Ne, Si, Te.

As I said, I don't know much at all about socionics, but I have at least gathered from other posts on this forum that INFJs are supposed to be Ni dominant. So what's the deal here? Am I an INFP and this test has the definitions switched around? Am I really an Fi dominant INFJ and is this possible? Did I take the test wrong? Please help, I'm so confused!
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

brainheart

Socionics, as far as I know, switches the J with a P and vice versa if you are an introvert. In other words, socionics INFj= MBTI INFP.

Is that correct, anyone who knows?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

That's what I've found. The Fi Ne Si Te is INFP completely.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Then why does the test type me INFJ? If they're going to make this correspond to MBTI, why don't they do it accurately?:steam:
    ~ Groucho Marx

brainheart

because since we are Fi dominant, which is a judging function, we are INFj in socionics. That's how they do it.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Socionics, as far as I know, switches the J with a P and vice versa if you are an introvert. In other words, socionics INFj= MBTI INFP.

Is that correct, anyone who knows?
    No, that is a myth. Though it is a possibility that your Judging/Perceiving preference is switched, it's not always the case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm still confused. The test was confused at first as well. It was inconclusive, typing me INFx, and gave me this deciding question:
    Decider
    *Click*here*if...*
    *Click*here*if...*
    You may often feel the need but find it rather difficult to maintain a steady balance between your physical and spiritual self.*

You may often feel the need but find it rather difficult to maintain a steady balance between your intellectual and emotional self.

I can relate to both of these in a way, but I definately relate to the former description more than the latter. So I get the impression that were I to choose the latter description, I would have been typed INFP. I'm not sure why though.*
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Here's another unusual thing. The site I took this test on, socionics.com, has their own type descriptions which actually include descriptions of the facial types of each personality. Here is the first paragraph in the INFJ description:

"INFjs have a very characteristic dispassionate facial expression. This is often reminiscent of the depiction of saints and martyrs from early Christian icons. Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not. INFjs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent."

Weird, huh? Is this just some strange attempt at caricature or are they being literal? Strange thing is, I do have on oval face and longish nose. Don't see how the deuce this has anything to do with my personality, but, well, there you have it.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

MBTI is such a muddled system (it lacks an intertype relations system, MBTI is all about behavioral preferences, etc.) - Socionics is the way to go. If you're interested in Socionics, here's link to a site. I recommend you forget pretty much everything you about MBTI.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Check out the goods on this site for MBTI Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type and don't pay attention to socionics or have it make you confused about your MBTI type since they are separate systems. That's like saying that you bit into an apple and it was rotten, so you never want to eat eggs again.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)