• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxxJ?

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
I need help typing a male friend I have. I don't know him very well, but here it goes:

-He's an accountant and he hates his job, even though he is very successful in it, he doesn't think it feels fulfilling. He believes he is an abnormal person stuck in a corporate zombie life.

-Dark sense of humor, liberal, witty, and don't believe in any organized religion. He was actually raised Christian, said he questioned it at a young age and now considers himself an Athiest.

-Does not like having his picture taken or having lots of people know who he is or what he's like (he uses his facebook all the time but has not even 1 photo of himself on it or any additional info about himself). He has revealed a lot of himself to me however.

-He has a small group of close friends rather than lots of acquaintances, but he tells me that he finds most people extremely boring and "lost and delusional". He said I was the first girl he doesn't despise since he's moved here.

-He's a very smart guy but he tells me he's not good at picking up on other people's emotions and would prefer if it people told him how they felt instead of letting him "guess" or pick up on the hints. He is very easy to talk to though, once engaged in a conversation.

-Responsible, but he drinks and smokes fairly often. He doesn't really censor what he says and pretty much says whatevers on his mind and doesn't hold back. Very honest.

-He said he's always dated girls he wasn't attracted to, in hopes that they will change or their personality would improve. I feel like he's been in some crappy relationships in which he put up with a lot of crap and had difficulty leaving it. He's a very attractive guy so I don't know why he needs to resort to that.

-He allowed me the keys to his home after only knowing me for less than a week.

I am guessing an ISFJ or maybe INTJ? I really have no clue.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
What makes you think J over P?

All I can see for that here is that he doesn't like people knowing lots about him/taking his picture - could be an IJ security thing. But it could also jsut be strong I.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Doesn't sound like an ISFJ at all. Haha, so you can rule that one out.

I'm gonna guess (I mean really guess, like, throw a knife at a target guess) INTP.

MBTI Type
INxJ
What kind of crazy person gives their house keys within one week of knowing someone? Anyway, the description sounds IxTx.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I was going to say IxTJ, but the dark sense of humour pushed the scale to INTJ.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
-Responsible, but he drinks and smokes fairly often. He doesn't really censor what he says and pretty much says whatevers on his mind and doesn't hold back. Very honest.

By the time I reached this point, I was definitely decided on INTJ. If I remember correctly, brutal honesty is connected to Te, which would be the secondary function.

haambrose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not all Gold is Fools Gold

Hmm,
Lets examine this person based on what you have said.
1) Chooses to express his personal flaws with you. " He has revealed a lot of himself to me however. (Kyi) "

2) Cares to expose his weaknesses with you. "He believes he is an abnormal person stuck in a corporate zombie life. (Kyi)"

3) Good at communicating. " He is very easy to talk to though, once engaged in a conversation. (Kyi) "

4) Good at stratejizing "I don't know him very well (Kyi) ", " He allowed me the keys to his home after only knowing me for less than a week.(Kyi) "

I believe he did attempt, and succeed at presenting you some type of relationship in a very clever way without directly telling you thats what his plans were. This indicates IN , however I believe the drive he has to fulfill his own desires appear more like an NF and I really think of an FP.

Based on this I will say that he seems like an INFP, but I am no where near qualified to make a diagnosis. he already seems to like you, why don't you go over to his place and say to him, " Oh, come on I know what would be fun. Why don't you take this Myers Briggs thing. I took it and it was great fun."

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IXTX is the only thing that stands out from the description.

For some reason I thought ISTJ, but I don't have much to back those specifics up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need help typing a male friend I have. I don't know him very well, but here it goes:

1. He's an accountant and he hates his job, even though he is very successful in it, he doesn't think it feels fulfilling. He believes he is an abnormal person stuck in a corporate zombie life.

2. Dark sense of humor, liberal, witty, and don't believe in any organized religion. He was actually raised Christian, said he questioned it at a young age and now considers himself an Athiest.

3. Does not like having his picture taken or having lots of people know who he is or what he's like (he uses his facebook all the time but has not even 1 photo of himself on it or any additional info about himself). He has revealed a lot of himself to me however.

4. He has a small group of close friends rather than lots of acquaintances, but he tells me that he finds most people extremely boring and "lost and delusional". He said I was the first girl he doesn't despise since he's moved here.

5. He's a very smart guy but he tells me he's not good at picking up on other people's emotions and would prefer if it people told him how they felt instead of letting him "guess" or pick up on the hints. He is very easy to talk to though, once engaged in a conversation.

6. Responsible, but he drinks and smokes fairly often. He doesn't really censor what he says and pretty much says whatevers on his mind and doesn't hold back. Very honest.

7. He said he's always dated girls he wasn't attracted to, in hopes that they will change or their personality would improve. I feel like he's been in some crappy relationships in which he put up with a lot of crap and had difficulty leaving it. He's a very attractive guy so I don't know why he needs to resort to that.

8. He allowed me the keys to his home after only knowing me for less than a week.

Seems pretty clearly IxTx
Introverted: #3, #4
Thinking: #1, #2, #4, #5

(ISFJ is the closest F here, but an ISFJ either picks up emotional vibes to some decent level or has enough knowledge of social interactions to not need to pick up vibes to be able to relate to others in a personable way, but he keeps trying to intellectualize the relationship... and even if he realizes his approach is faulty, he doesn't care to change... typical of T.)

At this point, out of the types left, we're looking at INTJ, ISTJ, or ISTP.

#7 is an important item, usually this not indicative of IxTP types, who prefer to give other people autonomy and retain autonomy for themselves. IxTP might try to engage to help someone else to get better, but it feels offensive to make it part of one's plan, to go around and "fix" people... the goal is always to empower others by being yourself. #7 suggests an Enneagram One style personality, which is often IxTJ.

There's also the self-protective Enneagram variant at work here; he wants to keep his relationship tally low and screens people out pretty effortless. That level of control over one's relational pool is pretty typical for IxTJ (as well as IxTP, although the P is usually more flexy).

I'm inclined towards ISTJ since pretty much everything you describe is still on the beaten path. If he's an INTJ, then he lives in his Te... but I would stick with S. He's definitely at the more active end of ISTJ, since I've met ISTJ guys who are at the other end and very passive (maybe those are more Si based?); he sounds like he is more Te-based and likes to have things decided, determined, and have his life in order in general.

ISTJs can have pretty dark and sardonic senses of humor despite the SJ stereotype. (I think cynicism against culture is actually part of the ISTJ mindset at some level.)

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
I got him to take the test twice. INTJ. But his J is like 22% or something, so it's not very strong. And he is also the man I am now seeing. We'll see how long this lasts.. bwahahaha.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
You must be toxically irresistable to get him to give you keys to his place in a week. ;)

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Actually... we had met like once at a bar a long time ago and exchanged info and started chatting online a lot, so it's not like we didn't really know each other well. We were interested in each other, but then this guy who was my friend for 2 years and I started dating. I figured since I knew this guy for longer, I should just be with him instead. I'm going to guess he was an INFJ. He broke up with me for a girl he had been chatting with online for 5 years but never met, but she finally moved to the US so yeaa. I was so depressed for a while, but then I started talking to the other guy again and now we're dating and he's like a 100x better version of the last guy.

I sound stupid.