User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Type my friend: ISFJ or INFJ?

I'm having trouble deciding whether my friend is an ISFJ or INFJ.

Her characteristics include:

She is studying to be a nurse. She has chosen to study externally rather than on campus. She finds human biology very interesting.

She wants to be the overseer nurse in an aged care home. She says she wants to do this so that she can make sure the carers do things 'the right way.' She found during work experience that they cut corners and don't treat residents with compassion. She wasn't afraid to criticise the owner of the aged care home to her face, apparently she told her in no uncertain terms what she thought of the place.

She shares my interest in historical dramas and classic novels, but she doesn't as read as much as I do. She seems to prefer the TV and film.

We often talk about the future together, deciding how we want to live, what kind of work we want to do, where we want to live, what kind of house etc.

She doesn't like to be social and she says she hates people. She hardly goes out socially unless it is a family event or a religious social event, such as a wedding of someone in the Church.

Her mother is an ISFJ and they get on well together, but she has said to me that her mum fusses too much.

She has firm religious beliefs, she attends church, but she isn't baptised although she plans to soon.

She can tell the funniest stories and she loves to laugh.

She talks a lot about ethical and moral problems that she sees people she knows are experiencing. She thinks about what she would do in the situation. She can be very adament about whether a person is good or bad. She has a very people oriented conversation, she tells me all the news about people she knows and we talk about whether we thought they are making the right decisions in their life.

She likes to talk about what she is learning and apply the information to the health problems of people we know, coming up with solutions as to how they should treat their problems and how to prevent them from occurring.

She loves british comedies.

She says she likes to garden, she has her own veggie patch in the garden.

She loves food, she isn't shy to loudly declare that she is hungry even though she just ate. Its kind of her trade mark.

She is 19 and lives with her family.

She likes to be unique. She doesn't follow the crowd. She wears exactly what she wants to and doesn't follow the latest fashion.

She is very concerned about international issues such as poverty, child abuse, war and genocide. She wanted to get a degree in Social Work and International studies at one stage.

She isn't the Martyr type and if she doesn't want to do something she will readily say no.

To me it sounds like she's an opinionated ISFJ. How is she when it comes to brainstorming? What's her own opinion on her own imagination?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    To me it sounds like she's an opinionated ISFJ. How is she when it comes to brainstorming? What's her own opinion on her own imagination?
    I really don't know if she is good at brainstorming, but she rarely does it. When we were playing Pictionary charades the other day she seemed to find it difficult to come up with ideas on how to communicate her subject to us. Which I find easy, I guess because I'm an N. However I think it was the first or second time she had ever played it.

Imagination? She has never said anything about it. Although not long ago she started writing poetry.

I've talked to her about MBTI and I got her to take Keirsey's test. She got ISFJ. On another test online she got INFJ, but I don't find that test very reliable personally, as her ISFJ mum came out as an INTJ!

The jokes she makes are usually the silly and rude type, which she finds hilarious. She also isn't afraid to burp or fart outloud in public, saying that its perfectly normal.

She seems different to other ISFJs I've met though, she doesn't want to follow the crowd and always independently does her own thing. My Dad is an ISFJ and nowhere near as independent and opinionated as she is. But of course she is also very diplomatic

She does have anxiety problems though and occasionally gets mild panic attacks.

She loves Sci-Fi.

She hasn't got any hobbies besides the normal entertainment stuff.

She initially found MBTI interesting, but refused to read any of the books I loaned her. But she'll talk about it from time to time if I do.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

She sounds like an ISFJ to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Phantonym

^^^ Agreed.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I agree with everyone else. She sounds almost exactly like my roommate last year (an ISFJ).

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

ISFJ's can be quite opinionated, free-thinking, and don't necessarily follow the crowd. Anyway, when I read the OP I was thinking 'total ISFJ', no doubt about it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP

Hmm I'm starting to think she is an ISFJ too. Poor thing, she read the description of SJs in Please Understand Me 2 and said that they were stupid, then she read the NF description and said that was her.

Its weird, we get on really well. It seems a little unusual for an INTP and an ISFJ to be such good friends. I suppose I don't ask for anything more than she can give, and I accept her as she is. She also accepts my strange quirks too.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    Hmm I'm starting to think she is an ISFJ too. Poor thing, she read the description of SJs in Please Understand Me 2 and said that they were stupid, then she read the NF description and said that was her.

Its weird, we get on really well. It seems a little unusual for an INTP and an ISFJ to be such good friends. I suppose I don't ask for anything more than she can give, and I accept her as she is. She also accepts my strange quirks too.
    Please understand me is a terrible book to introduce someone to MBTI with. SJs sound like conservative idiots... SPs sound insane... NFs sound caring and idealistic (basically what any feeler would want to be) and NTs are romanticized because the author is an INTP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    SJs sound like conservative idiots... SPs sound insane...
    What's wrong with being factually precise?

I think she's ISFJ over INFJ. But I was also thinking ESFJ too. They wouldn't be too afraid showing their opinions about someone else's work.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla