User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 43

  1. #31
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think she is an INFJ because you mentioned that she is very concerned with world affairs and social injustice as opposed to being more actively focused on simply making a difference in her own community - in my experience Si is more concerned with their own town and neighborhood. Yes, I realize that she wants to do something hands-on like nursing, but if she also has all this energy for theorizing about fixing the world on a global scale, that sounds much more like an N trait to me.
    Yeah she doesn't have a hands-on practical focus on this type of thing, its more of an abstract Good vs Evil concern. She doesn't have an active role in her community doing charitable works, not even in her religion where such things are given emphasis.

    I know an INFJ who likes gardening, so that particular hobby doesn't necessarily make her an S.
    Yeah, she doesn't do a lot, just dabbles a bit. I personally like gardening too but in an abstract - you can save the world in a garden - sorta thing . But I read far more books about it than I actually get out there and do anything .

    Then again, I assumed she was an American who likes British films, so I tend to stereotype that as an N thing. Maybe not.
    Well, she is an Australian so that kinda makes a difference. Actually, all the TV shows and a lot of the films she likes are mainly british. She's into the british crime/detective shows too and I find these to be a very SJ flavour.

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    Yeah she doesn't have a hands-on practical focus on this type of thing, its more of an abstract Good vs Evil concern. She doesn't have an active role in her community doing charitable works, not even in her religion where such things are given emphasis.



    Yeah, she doesn't do a lot, just dabbles a bit. I personally like gardening too but in an abstract - you can save the world in a garden - sorta thing . But I read far more books about it than I actually get out there and do anything .



    Well, she is an Australian so that kinda makes a difference. Actually, all the TV shows and a lot of the films she likes are mainly british. She's into the british crime/detective shows too and I find these to be a very SJ flavour.
    Ah, so maybe I was on to something?...

    P.S. I love British mystery novels, especially old-fashioned cozies like Agatha Christie, and I read some PD James. I tend to like British comedy, especially black comedies,and I find that a lot of Americans do not appreciate them. However, I only see the stuff that goes international - you could be talking about very mainstream British tv that I've never seen having an "SJ flavour". I dunno.

  3. #33
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ah, so maybe I was on to something?...

    P.S. I love British mystery novels, especially old-fashioned cozies like Agatha Christie, and I read some PD James. I tend to like British comedy, especially black comedies,and I find that a lot of Americans do not appreciate them. However, I only see the stuff that goes international - you could be talking about very mainstream British tv that I've never seen having an "SJ flavour". I dunno.
    I think we just get the international stuff in Australia too, hmm maybe the British detective stuff isn't SJ, I guess I've never really watched it, I just thought it looked boring therefore SJ!. Yeah I like Agatha Christie too and I keep meaning to read PD James. My friend is in love with Poirot "he's so cute!" she says. She really gets the British humour, and that is one of our common interests, we are both obsessed with the IT crowd at the moment. In fact we both seem to be into everything British together, along with all the Austen kinda stuff too. That doesn't tell you much about her personality though *sigh*. Its hard to quantify someone in words. Her favourite music is Symphonic Metal. Oh and she loves musicals. She likes Karoeke and dancing. She loves the beach and gets all excited like a little kid when we go to the cinema. Everything she likes seems very sensing to me. Actually my ISFJ Dad is really into British humour too while my INTP Mum doesn't quite get it. And my ISFX Grandma loves all the British TV shows and mystery novels. So like cascadeco said you can't really type someone by their interests easily.

    When we do things together it's usually Sensing activities. Watching films, TV, going to the beach, eating etc.. and we don't really have intellectual conversations and if we do its kinda one sided with me analysing things or asking her more abstract questions. In fact she does a lot of the talking and I just listen and make comments. Sometimes her conversation tires me out because its so people and true-story oriented and I end up at the end not saying much at all if other people are there to take up conversation. Often I'll try to talk about something like psychology or to analyse something in a more philosophical manner but usually she won't reciprocate but will change the subject and bring it back to reality. She's sounding more and more ISFJ - I guess we are friends because we have similar interests and lifestyle rather than a similar way of thinking.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think she is an INFJ because you mentioned that she is very concerned with world affairs and social injustice as opposed to being more actively focused on simply making a difference in her own community - in my experience Si is more concerned with their own town and neighborhood. Yes, I realize that she wants to do something hands-on like nursing, but if she also has all this energy for theorizing about fixing the world on a global scale, that sounds much more like an N trait to me.

    She seems to be idealistic, too, like an NF.

    I know an INFJ who likes gardening, so that particular hobby doesn't necessarily make her an S.

    Then again, I assumed she was an American who likes British films, so I tend to stereotype that as an N thing. Maybe not.
    It does appear that ISFJs are more interested in their local community, but depending on their age. I'd say that the internet and globalisation has pushed most teenage individuals to accept the world as their community hence a developed interest in world affairs. Injustice is a thing that I'd not chalk down to being N or S since Fe can be a primary motivation for that rather than Si/Ni.

    SJs are guided by their storage of impressions/experiences/data. Depending on the amount of exposure to ideas, we can then enter very seemingly unconventional routes but honestly they are perfectly natural.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    Yeah I think I was scraping the barrel there! But I have to agree - shes an ISFJ.
    I am slightly disappointed that she isn't an INFJ which is weird because it really shouldn't make a difference. I guess because I must have some secret hope that she will suddenly get interested in what I like or perhaps I've actually been assuming she is more like me .
    Oh well, it sucks though because I don't have any friends who are Ns then. Damnit where are they?
    If it makes you feel better...
    I'm an ISFJ who is very interested in MBTI so it's not exactly impossible to get her interested in this sort of thing. (First assumption - specific situation)
    Now if you were talking about having similar tastes in a more general sense, I don't see why not? In fact it'd probably be more interesting to hear it from a different perspective.

    If it makes you feel any better. IXFJs have tertiary Ti which matches the INTPs dominant Ti. In this regard combined with the introversion, IXFJs can become extremely analytical and concerned about what is truth sort of like IXFPs Fi but explained in a sort of X leads to Y sort of fashion.

    I'm more interested in psychology myself (doing the degree now) but I'm also intrigued by ethics (philosophy - not as much) - those are topics you'd probably be able to connect on as there is a human element to the entire thing.

  5. #35
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It does appear that ISFJs are more interested in their local community, but depending on their age. I'd say that the internet and globalisation has pushed most teenage individuals to accept the world as their community hence a developed interest in world affairs. Injustice is a thing that I'd not chalk down to being N or S since Fe can be a primary motivation for that rather than Si/Ni.
    Yeah I'd say this is true, the global perspective seems to come from the media exposure rather than a naturally wholistic perspective. And your right about injustice being connected to Fe rather than Si/Ni.

    SJs are guided by their storage of impressions/experiences/data. Depending on the amount of exposure to ideas, we can then enter very seemingly unconventional routes but honestly they are perfectly natural.

    If it makes you feel better...
    I'm an ISFJ who is very interested in MBTI so it's not exactly impossible to get her interested in this sort of thing. (First assumption - specific situation)
    Now if you were talking about having similar tastes in a more general sense, I don't see why not? In fact it'd probably be more interesting to hear it from a different perspective.

    If it makes you feel any better. IXFJs have tertiary Ti which matches the INTPs dominant Ti. In this regard combined with the introversion, IXFJs can become extremely analytical and concerned about what is truth sort of like IXFPs Fi but explained in a sort of X leads to Y sort of fashion.

    I'm more interested in psychology myself (doing the degree now) but I'm also intrigued by ethics (philosophy - not as much) - those are topics you'd probably be able to connect on as there is a human element to the entire thing.
    I really don't care if she is an ISFJ or INFJ actually. I still love her . I do feel like I understand her better now though which is great. And we do have lots of stuff in common which is why we are good friends, I guess opposites really do attract, which I should know seeing as my parents are ISFJ and INTP! I really don't get the SJ bashing that you see on the internet now though. We have even talked about getting a house together when we finish studying. In fact it might actually work out, because she'll take care of all the practical stuff I hate and I'll just wander around in a dream .

    I'll try talking to her more about ethics and psychology rather than intellectual subjects - which I do already I guess. And I'll get her interested in MBTI through real-world examples rather than airy fairy definitions. I wonder how I can get her interested in ecology and permaculture? (My obsession at the moment). Maybe I can talk about her garden and give her tips. She is already thinks environmental sustainability is important, in fact she is the one that told me I should do my degree in it when I was unsure whether it was a practical idea.

  6. #36
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    ISFJ and INTP is generally a very stable and cool relation.

    As for the SJ bashing, I've noticed that "modernized" SJs are really cool, the ones with an open mind to new things and such. Lots of the bashing comes from the people who aren't like this. I call it "modernized" because in this day and age it's generally a good thing to be open minded, and being raised in that environment will make someone value being open minded more, especially an SJ I imagine (from observing how effected they are with how they are raised). And you have stuff like this- "Waaah! I'm a 15 year old INTP, and I hate my teacher, so she must be an ESFJ! SJs suck!" <- Majority.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  7. #37
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ISFJ and INTP is generally a very stable and cool relation.

    As for the SJ bashing, I've noticed that "modernized" SJs are really cool, the ones with an open mind to new things and such. Lots of the bashing comes from the people who aren't like this. I call it "modernized" because in this day and age it's generally a good thing to be open minded, and being raised in that environment will make someone value being open minded more, especially an SJ I imagine (from observing how effected they are with how they are raised). And you have stuff like this- "Waaah! I'm a 15 year old INTP, and I hate my teacher, so she must be an ESFJ! SJs suck!" <- Majority.
    Yeah I think your right about this. In fact the older people (in their 50s/60s) I know who I think are Ns seem more close-minded than younger Ns. But I also think that Js are less likely to be flexible as they grow older, especially as the culture changes so fast now. But my friend did grow up in a quite relaxed anything-goes family where she was allowed to be whoever she wanted to be. This is probably partly the reason why she is so independent and well-balanced. My ISFJ Dad sounds like he was quite flexible when he was younger but now he is rather stuck in his ways and it takes a lot for my INTP Mum and I to get him to do anything radical. Also he had a very domineering father, so he has trouble with being assertive unlike my friend.

  8. #38
    Senior Member incubustribute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    She also isn't afraid to burp or fart outloud in public, saying that its perfectly normal.

    On this information, and this information alone, I say ISFJ

  9. #39
    Senior Member Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I actually believe she's a LSI - ISTj.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

  10. #40
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post

    On this information, and this information alone, I say ISFJ
    Hehe, are ISFJs known for that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    I actually believe she's a LSI - ISTj.
    Why? She doesn't seem like a T to me, her brother is a T and seems to be constantly annoyed at her judgement on things.

Similar Threads

  1. Am i an isfj or infj? If I am neither please help me find my type 😭
    By Selftruthseeker😁🦄 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 05:00 AM
  2. Help me figure out my type for good? INTJ or INFJ?
    By TheFool in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. Type my friend's mom!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. Type My Friend!
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Can you type my friend?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO