User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    I'm inclined to think ISFJ too - what makes me lean this way is the mention, in a few places, of bringing things back and applying them to people she knows. Discussing what she has learnt in terms of how it relates to people she knows, discussing what people she knows are doing, and so forth. 'Very people oriented conversation'.

    I know that this may be associated with F generally, but in my experience with NFs, their people oriented conversations tends to take place at a more theoretical level. It's...like sociology and psychology, more than about individual people. And when it is about individual people, it's still taking place in a theoretical framework.
    Fi also relates new information back to self. INFPs are actually known for their ability to take abstract or theoretical information (secondary Ne) and relate it to others in more practical, every-day terms (tertiary Si) and this might be because of the Fi dominant tendency to relate information back to self.

    But I don't think this woman is an INFP. I'm certain she's an IxFJ.

    I'm just saying...

  2. #22
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think she is an INFJ because you mentioned that she is very concerned with world affairs and social injustice as opposed to being more actively focused on simply making a difference in her own community - in my experience Si is more concerned with their own town and neighborhood. Yes, I realize that she wants to do something hands-on like nursing, but if she also has all this energy for theorizing about fixing the world on a global scale, that sounds much more like an N trait to me.

    She seems to be idealistic, too, like an NF.

    I know an INFJ who likes gardening, so that particular hobby doesn't necessarily make her an S.

    Then again, I assumed she was an American who likes British films, so I tend to stereotype that as an N thing. Maybe not.
    So you type people based on hobbies? And I don't think that wanting to effect the world on a global scale is an N trait....

    I can see it now. "Ns like British films?"
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #23
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think she is an INFJ because you mentioned that she is very concerned with world affairs and social injustice as opposed to being more actively focused on simply making a difference in her own community - in my experience Si is more concerned with their own town and neighborhood. Yes, I realize that she wants to do something hands-on like nursing, but if she also has all this energy for theorizing about fixing the world on a global scale, that sounds much more like an N trait to me.
    Using your hobby comment of sensory hobbies not automatically equating to a sensor type (which I 100% agree), I'd say in a similar vein that having a broad world perspective does not necessarily equate to N, either, and I'd imagine many sensors out there do in fact care about and pay attention to world issues, and would like to make an impact. Especially SJ's. I tend to think it's SJ's who would dominate a lot of the more charitable/outreach organizations anyway.

    Anyway, I already mentioned in my last post why I don't see much having to do with dominant Ni.


    I know an INFJ who likes gardening, so that particular hobby doesn't necessarily make her an S.

    Then again, I assumed she was an American who likes British films, so I tend to stereotype that as an N thing. Maybe not.
    Like I said in my last post, this is why I totally disregard most hobbies - it's just taking mbti too far in my opinion.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  4. #24
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fi also relates new information back to self. INFPs are actually known for their ability to take abstract or theoretical information (secondary Ne) and relate it to others in more practical, every-day terms (tertiary Si) and this might be because of the Fi dominant tendency to relate information back to self.

    But I don't think this woman is an INFP. I'm certain she's an IxFJ.

    I'm just saying...
    Quite possibly, and I don't know any INFPs that I'm aware of. ENFPs, however, seem frequently to make information personal without changing it from abstract (theory alone) to concrete (theory understood through application to specific instances). That could be because N is dominant; I don't know.

    Still, if the individual-application is significant enough in this person to have warranted mentioning multiple times in the first post, my guess would still be ISFJ.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Using your hobby comment of sensory hobbies not automatically equating to a sensor type (which I 100% agree), I'd say having a broad world perspective does not necessarily equate to N, either, and I'd imagine many sensors out there do in fact care about and pay attention to world issues, and would like to make an impact. Especially SJ's. I tend to think it's SJ's who would dominate a lot of the more charitable/outreach organizations anyway.

    Anyway, I already mentioned in my last post why I don't see much having to do with dominant Ni.




    Like I said in my last post, this is why I totally disregard most hobbies - it's just taking mbti too far in my opinion.
    I honestly don't recognize personal descriptions of Ni well enough to say if I see it here or not.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    The description sounds alot like me other than the religious bs. So I am going to say ISFJ.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    Quite possibly, and I don't know any INFPs that I'm aware of. ENFPs, however, seem frequently to make information personal without changing it from abstract (theory alone) to concrete (theory understood through application to specific instances). That could be because N is dominant; I don't know.

    Still, if the individual-application is significant enough in this person to have warranted mentioning multiple times in the first post, my guess would still be ISFJ.
    I'm a borderline iNFP and for example, I can take broad theoretical political concepts and apply them to everyday situations in more tangible terms and have convinced my ISFP ex boyfriend that he cares more about politics than he initially realized, but it was only because he kept hearing about those issues in theoretical terms than tangible ways that he just honestly didn't understand how those things impacted his real life so strongly until he heard them in different words.

    I think this is also why INFPs are supposed to be good writers. I'm surprised that INFP isn't associated more with teaching elementary/middle school aged children because of this ability to make the theoretical concrete.

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    The description sounds alot like me other than the religious bs. So I am going to say ISFJ.
    Ah, there's several deeply religious NJs running around this forum, so think again.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ah, there's several deeply religious NJs running around this forum, so think again.
    What am I thinking about? I am just saying the part about being religious does not apply to me. If I wanted to I could of left it out all together, wouldnt of made much of a difference.

  10. #30
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    No mention of random quirks, a more spacey, idealistic nature that has more difficulty coping with the real-world (esp. in terms of career and life/relationships in general; INFJ's tend to struggle in some major ways with finding their place in this world and making sense of it), no mention of really intellectual/philosophical/abstract/scientific/psychological/sociological conversations, or anything really that pointed towards more of an INxx personality. Again, lots of IxFJ stuff (i.e. concern for society/cultural things, relationships, and human issues on a large scale), but that's where ISFJ's and INFJ's will appear similar - the secondary Fe.
    I think she does have difficulty coping with the real-world in some ways. She hasn't got a job at the moment, partly I think because she couldn't cope even though her family is struggling financially, but that might be because thats kind of the culture in her family. She really doesn't care about material things and she is content with very little, which is something both of us have in common. I don't think she finds it very easy to connect with people, she feels different to others and feels that they won't understand her. She seems to live in the future somewhat, always planning and thinking about it but never actually doing anything practical to get it. Thats what we talk about most of the time, thinking up way-out stuff we can do, with no thought to whether it is practical or not. I think she makes sense of the world through her religious beliefs so maybe thats not such an issue with her compared to most INFJs.

    Whether she is an ISFJ or INFJ I do know that she is very F heavy.

Similar Threads

  1. Am i an isfj or infj? If I am neither please help me find my type 😭
    By Selftruthseeker😁🦄 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 05:00 AM
  2. Help me figure out my type for good? INTJ or INFJ?
    By TheFool in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. Type my friend's mom!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. Type My Friend!
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Can you type my friend?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO