User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Fidelia XNFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Fidelia XNFJ?

The INFJ vs. ENFJ thread brought this back into my mind again. I think fairly strongly that I am an INFJ. I believe my mother is an ENFJ and while we think very similarly, she is much more outspoken than I am and tends to feel boatloads of unwarranted guilt more. I tend to have a much more tentative approach to new situations than I think an ENFJ would.

I have taken a couple of function tests though and come out with Fe first, which is supposed to be more ENFJ. My enneagram also came out as 2w1, which also is more typically ENFJ. Some people I've known have commented on me being fairly extroverted for an INFJ and I think I don't need as much alone time etc. I wonder too if teaching for a living has had any impact.

What do those of you who know me from here think? (I realize it is harder to type someone based solely on online interactions.) I'm comfortably sure I'm INFJ, but would be interested in your impressions.
    Last edited by fidelia; 01-26-2010 at 10:22 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP

You could be ENFJ.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You've never strucken me as an ENFJ. It seems liek you collect your thoughts, then explain them, often taking up much space to do so [not a criticism there], and going into much detail. From what I've seen, ENFJ's don't [seem to] think so long and hard, and DEFINITELY don't give multiparagraph detailed answers. Most answers I've seen from them are top level and short. For example "I don't believe in ____" as compared with "here are the 15 reasons with associated explanation of why I don't believe in___"

I feel fellow-INF kindred with you, not fellow F-dom kindred.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What makes you think so, Synarch?

MBTI
    ENTP

You seem fairly socially forward.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think you might be xSFJ. You seem to have a certain heaviness and reluctance to accept new ideas without carefully turning them over in your mind for a long time in your nature that I wouldn't associate with INFJs. But that's just my opinion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Ni fixating on people will sometimes come across as ENFJ on tests, I've found. I have scored as an ENFJ and INFJ many times, even though I most definitely am an INTJ.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

@athenian: No actually it's part of the profile of an INFJ to be quite stubborn when they think they are right. They wouldn't accept new ideas if it conflicts to what they think is right.

Fidelia. I think your an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    You've never strucken me as an ENFJ. It seems liek you collect your thoughts, then explain them, often taking up much space to do so [not a criticism there], and going into much detail.
    I would agree with this. Extraverts generally just let their thoughts out as they are thinking them. Whereas introverts can take a long time (sometimes nearly forever), collecting their thoughts before putting them down. There are a few exceptions on this forum, but that's a general trend I've noticed. You fall into the latter category, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think you might be xSFJ.
    I think ISFJ might be an option. I do see much more Fe and less Ni than I usually see in INFJs. I get more of an ISFJ vibe overall; you talk about your past, look to it for answers in the present, are fairly secure in sticking with what is known to you. But then again there are INFJs that I see place more emphasis on F vs. N, and look more like ISFJs.

MBTI
    ENTP

She does talk about her past a fair amount. Plus, I don't know many musical INFJ's. Then I thought about this more than a few seconds.