User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Fidelia XNFJ?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    So what you're saying is that life without the regular give and take of interaction with people could be likened to the two-dimensionality of masturbation compared to the give and take of sex with another person?

I feel like I need alone time to process my interactions, but I need interactions to make my alone time worthwhile or to progress in my thoughts.
    Yes.

We need both. Just as we need to feel connected and yet independent.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

yeah without communication it all falls apart rather quickly. the balance is better bc our rate of change is slowed. we stop spiking, we stop picking our scabs and tearing off our bandages before we are healed. but we die a slow and painful death bc our condition is terminal regardless. but it's easier in some ways to check out in the express lane, conserve our human energies, and hibernate for winter when winter will surely come.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

try entp for a change and the sky is the limit
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    You've never strucken me as an ENFJ. It seems liek you collect your thoughts, then explain them, often taking up much space to do so [not a criticism there], and going into much detail. From what I've seen, ENFJ's don't [seem to] think so long and hard, and DEFINITELY don't give multiparagraph detailed answers. Most answers I've seen from them are top level and short. For example "I don't believe in ____" as compared with "here are the 15 reasons with associated explanation of why I don't believe in___"
    Yes, the 'focus' issue is one that lends more credibility to INFJ. ENFJs are more diffuse.

"I" tends to lend itself to a single point that runs deep, "E" tends to express itself as a "particle cloud" with pretty broad coverage as its starting point.

It's not rare for introverts to class themselves as their secondary, especially if they're been forced to develop and use it extensively as their window into community and external reality.

In terms of vibe, you and Toonia remind me of each other.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think that fidelia is an INFJ, but some form of enneagram 2w1 or 1w2. That may be where you think you're ENFJ, because of the enneagram 2 factor in play and not relating to your type 4 INFJ brethren. Type 4 and type 2 are pretty different, even though they have some similarities within the theory.
    Yes, she also strikes me as having a very high level of Fe.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    In terms of vibe, you and Toonia remind me of each other.
    It is interesting that we both teach music. Besides MBTI considerations, I do think a great deal of my cognitive processing is influenced by the study of music. This is because music synthesizes diverse elements into a single, coherent whole. Teaching music requires the ability to understand how all these elements integrate, but then to be able to break it apart into layers and smaller pieces the student can absorb. I think that could be an element in posting style that deals with layered issues and then breaks them down with an attempt to be complete. I definitely see that in fidelia's posts.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It is interesting that we both teach music. Besides MBTI considerations, I do think a great deal of my cognitive processing is influenced by the study of music. This is because music synthesizes diverse elements into a single, coherent whole. Teaching music requires the ability to understand how all these elements integrate, but then to be able to break it apart into layers and smaller pieces the student can absorb. I think that could be an element in posting style that deals with layered issues and then breaks them down with an attempt to be complete. I definitely see that in fidelia's posts.
    Good post, and that is definitely a big part of why I experience you both similarly via this medium.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Very interesting - I hadn't thought about that before, although Sarcasticus and I had discussed the possibility of how teaching could influence functions used or developed. I think any teaching, but particularly music really emphasizes those skills. I wonder how much choice of work/skills needed/interests pursued and developed influences a person's basic personality and style of relating to people then...

I find that I rarely would expound as much verbally as I would in writing. I think that's one reason why writing is a pleasant medium for me. I feel like those who are interested will read what I write, while those who aren't have the option of ignoring it without seeming rude or rejecting as they may appear in person if they did that.

I think there are times when being able to break things down in the way that seems natural to me is useful. However there are times when an overview is much better. I know INFJs can have a tendancy when they are overwhelmed to see more trees and no forest. For example, if I am writing a paper, it can sometimes be a problem because there are too many little extraneous pieces of information that I want to fit in. I know they aren't necessary, but then it becomes overwhelming to know what to get rid of. The ESTJ I knew was excellent at this. Any ideas for developing this ability? What function would that be?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Being alone all the time is life as masturbation.
    Yeah, I am inclined to agree. Although I can feel the rush of life, and life itself, when I am alone, Life is much more 'real' in the context of sharing/experiencing with others, and attains more richness, depth, and meaning. And agree re. being solitary all of the time is in effect not participating/interacting with life itself; it's almost like keeping life at bay - at a distance. Putting a wall up between yourself and the life around you.

(I would say this could be also why I love nature so much. I feel a part of things, I feel and recognize my connection to the life around me...and hence don't necessarily feel alone.)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think there are times when being able to break things down in the way that seems natural to me is useful. However there are times when an overview is much better. I know INFJs can have a tendancy when they are overwhelmed to see more trees and no forest. For example, if I am writing a paper, it can sometimes be a problem because there are too many little extraneous pieces of information that I want to fit in. I know they aren't necessary, but then it becomes overwhelming to know what to get rid of.
    I have that problem too. For me, it's more Ti -- because I am trying to nuance the truth as finely as possible and I feel like to remove any is to change the context of the facts I am presenting, thus "muddying" them.

The ESTJ I knew was excellent at this. Any ideas for developing this ability? What function would that be?
    Most likely Te -- it sacrifices nuance for practicality and worries about what is effective and gets one to the goal, rather than how specifically accurate the nuances are (except in how dropping the nuances might derail progress towards the goal). Te wants to get to the desired outcome and other priorities are secondary.

From this, we get the typical "funnel down / funnel out" paper format -- an opening point, three supporting points, then the main point restated.