User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    36

    Default Am I really an ESTP?

    I have taken test after test after test.

    My life has been kind of traumatic lately due to an unexpected discovery on my part out of a long term relationship. I am not sure if my emotions right now are as a result of this unusual situation and if that may cause me to have some of the feelings (OMG, I know!) I've been having.

    Is there an absolute way to find out my type, a better test than just a few questions? I've taken the test through my current employer's career website, the free online tests, etc.

    How can I be sure?

  2. #2
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    No, it's not as exact as taking a blood test. Some people here were typed as one thing for many years, only to decide that they were mistyped. Have you taken the cognitive functions test?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  3. #3
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I've always thought the best way to type yourself is to research and learn the system, then evaluate from self analysis. Tests can only go so far. It may take a little more time, however I think it yields better results as long as you're honest with yourself.



  4. #4
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESTPgirl View Post
    I have taken test after test after test.

    My life has been kind of traumatic lately due to an unexpected discovery on my part out of a long term relationship. I am not sure if my emotions right now are as a result of this unusual situation and if that may cause me to have some of the feelings (OMG, I know!) I've been having.

    Is there an absolute way to find out my type, a better test than just a few questions? I've taken the test through my current employer's career website, the free online tests, etc.

    How can I be sure?
    Your situation sounds very ESTP to me. I myself experienced a similar conundrum last year. We are cool, calm, and collected >95% of the time, but when our emotions are summoned up and we are forced to deal with them it can be crippling. I cannot decide with my emotions, and some decisions, especially those regarding relationships, are 100% feelings based decisions (should I stay or should I go? etc.).

    Are you usually on an even emotional keel? Do you others perceive you as aloof/cold at times? Are you very direct and blunt? Are you comfortable staring disaster in the face, taking action to get through it, and then having to deal with emotions later (e.g. avoiding a car accident)? If so you are most likely a thinker.

    I have a huge post on another forum about this topic. I'll send you a link to it if you like.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Yes, here are my results:


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

    Are you usually on an even emotional keel? Do you others perceive you as aloof/cold at times? Are you very direct and blunt? Are you comfortable staring disaster in the face, taking action to get through it, and then having to deal with emotions later (e.g. avoiding a car accident)? If so you are most likely a thinker.

    I have a huge post on another forum about this topic. I'll send you a link to it if you like.
    THIS!!!!

    Wow.

    Ok, people think I am just cold hearted. In reality I am extremely sensitive but I do not show it. I am blunt and direct and outspoken to a fault.

    I do my best work in crisis mode, in fact, this is when I am most satisfied. I seek chaos to find comfort and zen. Basically, I feel like the world is silent and blaringly loud during crisis and that is where I find my calm and I finally relax. I am needed in crisis.

    If I need to break down later, which rarely happens, I do. By myself. No one ever knows.

  7. #7
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESTPgirl View Post
    THIS!!!!

    Wow.

    Ok, people think I am just cold hearted. In reality I am extremely sensitive but I do not show it. I am blunt and direct and outspoken to a fault.

    I do my best work in crisis mode, in fact, this is when I am most satisfied. I seek chaos to find comfort and zen. Basically, I feel like the world is silent and blaringly loud during crisis and that is where I find my calm and I finally relax. I am needed in crisis.

    If I need to break down later, which rarely happens, I do. By myself. No one ever knows.
    Well then, it looks like you're an ESTP after all!

    Don't cash in your "T" for "F." We can learn to let our feelings guide us. It's not easy, but it can be done. Being level headed and calm under pressure is a gift from God, as far as I'm concerned. I've had nerves of steel my whole life. I would not trade in that capability for a better "feelings compass." Never.

Similar Threads

  1. Hello Friends!! Am I really an ESTP? (V confused)
    By helloxo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 04:27 AM
  2. Am I Really An ESTP?
    By Bulletproof_Bastard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
  3. TYPE ME PLEASE, AM I REALLY AN ESTP?
    By RealDeadpool01 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
  4. Am I really an INFJ?
    By MissLizzy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 06:36 PM
  5. Am i Really an ESFP?
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO