• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I hate it when people do this. ENTP or ENFP?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
First: I'm fairly certain I'm ENTP. I identify with all of the type profiles.

Second: I've been through this before. More than once.

However: I'm so N-dominant, that I sometimes wonder if I'm just delusional about being a T instead of an F. I see people mistyping themselves all the time.

Sometimes I upset people without realizing that what I said could upset them, but then they always seem to get over it. I usually feel bad when this happens (until they get over it).

Occasionally, I cry over things that happen, and I usually feel lame for doing this. Unless it's over something fictional, like a movie or a book or music. Then I feel fine.

I'm a 7w6 enneagram (still suspect that enneagram is b.s.), but I don't think I'm an emo whiner. Maybe I am.

How can I be absolutely, with NO DOUBTS, certain that my typing is correct? :unsure:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
And I did that function order quiz, and my results were: Ne--> Ti --> Se --> Fi --> Ni --> Te--> Fe--> Si

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Are the first two functions the only ones that matter? Does it just not matter that the others don't match the theoretical order? Is that change in order responsible for enneagram differences?

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
First: I'm fairly certain I'm ENTP. I identify with all of the type profiles.

However: I'm so N-dominant, that I sometimes wonder if I'm just delusional about being a T instead of an F. I see people mistyping themselves all the type.

I see you rather ENTP-ish. ;)

Sometimes I upset people without realizing that what I said could upset them, but then they always seem to get over it. I usually feel bad when this happens (until they get over it).

That's ExxP types speciality, I think. I mean going very fast into situation, don't really looking at the others. (I do it a lot too... I'll post similar thread soon :doh: )

Occasionally, I cry over things that happen, and I usually feel lame for doing this. Unless it's over something fictional, like a movie or a book or music. Then I feel fine.

That doesn't make you any of the types. It happens to everybody. And you feel lame about it, because you're not supposed to in our culture.

How can I be absolutely, with NO DOUBTS, certain that my typing is correct? :unsure:

I don't know if you can... I'm fighting with ENTP/ENFP/ENFJ A LOT.

And I did that function order quiz, and my results were: Ne--> Ti --> Se --> Fi --> Ni --> Te--> Fe--> Si

These functions very clearly show that you're Ne dominant (with Ne first and Si last - our worst function is great to define our type!). Of course it clearly shows that you're ENTP. However the 'Fe' is surprisingly low.

EnFpFer posted in last 20 hours or so a great link to define if you're 'F' or 'T'. Humpf... I don't remember in which thread though, scan her last activity or PM her. :)

PS My condolences. I'd SO love to know my type for sure too! I need to know the TRUTH! (oh, and that's a very ENTP trait, btw ;) )

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
The first two functions should theoretically uniquely determine one type, but if all of your others were idiosyncratic, you may want to investigate to see if you've misinterpreted your own use of your top two functions. I believe it's possible to mistake TiNe for Ni or NiTe for Ti, for instance.

Then, you could also ignore the later functions because I'm not sure how well founded they are to begin with.

At least you don't seem to have a cluster of both orientations of any given letter in your top four. When you think you're, say, Ti Ni Te Ne, you get really confused.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's hilarious that you post a million times in the same thread to ask another question. :D

and typically fe is higher in entp i think...but it does just go by those top two doesn't it?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
But how can I know I'm not a self-hating F who just wants to be a T to escape the F reality?

If I do hate myself, it would have to be subconscious though. My conscious thinks I'm pretty cool. :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I believe it's possible to mistake TiNe for Ni or NiTe for Ti, for instance.

I'm not much like the INTPs I know. Our minds follow the same path a lot of the time, but I'm much less reluctant to jump into something I'm unsure about just to find out if it works. They seem to need to be more sure they're making the right move before they act.

But compared to ESxP friends, I do feel INTP-ish. Hmmmmmm...

Oh wait ... I just totally misread your post. Nevermind. haha

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Okay. I'll try to find this now.

Well, aren't you charming?! :D

Yeah, the article is pretty good. Your functions shout to you: ENTP, but it's always good to make sure. ;)

Oh, but thank you. ;)

But how can I know I'm not a self-hating F who just wants to be a T to escape the F reality?

If I do hate myself, it would have to be subconscious though. My conscious thinks I'm pretty cool. :D

Hahah... You're not making it any easier for yourself dude! :D Stop over-analysing already! Like... now!

You make me think, I'm such a Judging type... ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You *vibe* ENTP to me. And I tend to be hypersensitive to ENTPs...

Sorry, dunno how else to explain it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You *vibe* ENTP to me. And I tend to be hypersensitive to ENTPs...

Sorry, dunno how else to explain it.
She meant she adores me.
(you're welcome )

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
From posts I've read you seem like an ENTP to me.