User Tag List

First 234

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

My interests are playing video games, not really FPSs but more tycoon and city building games. For instance, I play Eve Online but I don't like the military aspects of the game and instead I produce and manipulate the market and make a lot of money off of what I create, be it ammo, ships, etc. I like taking long walks, I like skyscrapers and like art deco. I like debating and reading as well. I'm interested in politics, philosophy, sociology, psychology, and the humanities as well as physics, biology, mathematics, economics, finance, and pretty much everything.

My life priorities are to learn as much as I can and live a long, healthy life until I die. Ultimately, I understand that everything, from the largest skyscrapers to the smallest nanochip will all cease to exist in a few trillion years so there really isn't much point in anything. I'm a nihilist, and I base my life philosophy on that, but I don't go out killing people or anything, I just realize everything is going to burn so what matters in the long run except enriching yourself and your own mind.

I have wierd ways of thinking that I don't know how to explain. I sometimes do a thing where I think of something, then I think of the fact that I thought of that, and then I keep "thinking" about what I just thought until I realize I've been doing it for a while, and then I "think" that, and there isn't any limits to this because the mind doesn't really have any limitations, and then when I "think" about that, it goes even depeer and deeper. I can see how things are interconnected and how one thing affects another thing and why things happen. I'm very good at analyzing an event, system, or object, but I don't usually find solace unless there's a meaning behind it. If the something of something is 4.34543, I don't really care unless that number has some greater significance behind it.

I also might have Aspergers syndrome but I'm not sure, I usually score high on those tests but I have a sense of humor that most people wouldn't understand and I'm not very detail-oriented so I don't know.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I also can really easily feel the "mood" of a place or situation. Sometimes when I see video footage of Latin America, for instance, I have this strange feeling and an image in my head of a Latin American street and I feel a very peculiar emotiont that I can't describe. Whenever I think about America in the 1980's, with cramped hotel rooms and gray suits and things like that I also get that feeling, although it's different every location and place. I grew up in the Soviet Union so it's not nostalgia because I've never experienced it. I don't know how to describe it.

Sometimes I'm standing on the street and I see a person and that person triggers something inside me that gets this rush of strange, inexplicable emotions that I can't describe.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't really know what I am communication wise, I'm fairly introverted around strangers, openly hostile around people who I don't like, and very friendly around friends. If I was forced to go to a party, I would probably sit in the back and discuss politics or something with another NT. My sense of humor is very ironic and subtle and most people wouldn't understand it at all. I hate 4chan "lulz" humor and I also hate puns. Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Office is the only mainstream shows that show my sense of humor I guess. My least favorite group behavior is probably when somebody starts talking about something nobody cares about loudly and obnoxiously. I'll probably be the first person, even in a room full of extroverts, to tell him or her to shut the fuck up and get out.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Help! Please type me!

MBTI
    INTJ

Ok, here's a question: when confronted with a theoretical problem - i.e. not a problem in day-to-day life, but, say, an argument in philosophy that you don't like the conclusion of - what do you do?

Describe your thought processes. Don't think about them in terms of cognitive functions, just describe what it's like in your head as you deal with that kind of problem.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav View Post
    Help! Please type me!
    Have you tried reading the descriptions over at BestFitType? (Scroll down to the links under the heading "Do you know your best-fit type?")