• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I must be retyped: function difficulties. WHY can't I figure this out??

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
ENTJ or ENTP??
Riiiight, I've had this problem before and I thought I had it figured out but I'm having second thoughts about my interpretation of NeTi and TeNi.

Let's see if anyone has the time to look through this list of facts...

-I am 99% sure I'm NT. That is, I almost always test as NT, although I've gotten INFp and INFj.

-Whenever I speak to anyone other than my close friends, I come across as either shy, stupid, coldhearted, ditzy, lethargic, or arrogant. Or some combination. It sort of depends.

-I'm a really messy person, and everyone tells me that, but in truth I have everything organized... in a messy sort of way. If something doesn't fit a system I've arranged (e.g. a stack of class notes in the wrong order), it bothers me, although this doesn't mean I'll fix it.

-I guess I like to be in charge of things/people, but in truth I don't think I'm very good at it as I'm prone to forgetting things or slacking off, and I hate doing things wrong or embarrassing myself, so I tend to avoid being put into positions of power.

-I'm really good at math, especially algebra. However, when I'm given a problem to solve, I often discover some new theory, concept, or formula, and then waste a lot of time pursuing this new idea. When I'm done I'll do the bare minimum amount of work to actually complete the problem. (GOSH, i just can't get enough of those formulas.)

-I procrastinate terribly. TERRIBLY. Everyone I know thinks I'm a slacker. (And then I get my report card and I prove them wrong!)

-I like arguing, I suppose, but I don't exactly pick fights with people. If someone says something that's outright not true, or stupid, I will contest it. My favorite feeling is winning an argument.

-I love my friends, and I consider a day wasted if I haven't talked to any of them.

-I can be QUITE LOUD and fast-talking if I'm comfortable enough.

-My closest friends (iNFP, ISFP, INTJ, iNTP, EnTP, iSFJ) think I'm some kind of evil genius, and that one day I will rule the world (well, except for the INTP, he's convinced HE will rule the world). They also think that if this happens, the world is screwed, because I'll forget to feed it, as if it's some kind of pet or toy I have.

-When I was younger, I used to plan utopian societies in my head, and I would spend lots of time daydreaming of myself as some character in some kind of fantasy world. Lately, though, I've decided there's little to no reason to think about potential worlds because we've got what we've got.

-I dislike making decisions, mostly because I know there's never one best answer. (And that people hate it when other people make decisions for them.)

-I hold myself to high standards, academically, although I put in the least amount of effort possible to reach them (which really isn't that much effort, for me). I find it hard to motivate myself for other things, like eating right and exercising enough. Or cleaning my room. Or just standing up from the couch :)

-I've been described as both quirky and stubborn.

-I like to define things and eliminate (or sometimes just FIND) loopholes.

-As you've probably noticed, for an NT, I'm very self-conscious. I wasn't always, but I've been putting extra effort into it for the past few years.

Wow... reading over this... i'd say this was TOO MUCH INFORMATION. whatever. i'm posting it.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Also, I was the most socially rebellious little fifth grader you EVER did see. I questioned social norms out loud and during class. I vowed to be a political pioneer in age-ism, because I didn't think fifth graders got enough representation in Congress.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm sure people will disagree with me but it sounds a lot to me like you're an ENTJ.

-putting the least amount of effort to reach an academic goal (efficiency)
-eliminating loopholes (strategic)
-coming across as shy, stupid, arrogant, ditzy (happens to me all the time, probably the entire lack of Fe)
-holding yourself to very high standards(i just think this one is so ENTJ but maybe im wrong and other types do this just as much)

I don't know, a lot of that just reminds me of me.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ or ENTP??
Riiiight, I've had this problem before and I thought I had it figured out but I'm having second thoughts about my interpretation of NeTi and TeNi.

Let's see if anyone has the time to look through this list of facts...

-I am 99% sure I'm NT. That is, I almost always test as NT, although I've gotten INFp and INFj.

-Whenever I speak to anyone other than my close friends, I come across as either shy, stupid, coldhearted, ditzy, lethargic, or arrogant. Or some combination. It sort of depends.

-I'm a really messy person, and everyone tells me that, but in truth I have everything organized... in a messy sort of way. If something doesn't fit a system I've arranged (e.g. a stack of class notes in the wrong order), it bothers me, although this doesn't mean I'll fix it.

-I guess I like to be in charge of things/people, but in truth I don't think I'm very good at it as I'm prone to forgetting things or slacking off, and I hate doing things wrong or embarrassing myself, so I tend to avoid being put into positions of power.

sounds p

-I'm really good at math, especially algebra. However, when I'm given a problem to solve, I often discover some new theory, concept, or formula, and then waste a lot of time pursuing this new idea. When I'm done I'll do the bare minimum amount of work to actually complete the problem. (GOSH, i just can't get enough of those formulas.)

-I procrastinate terribly. TERRIBLY. Everyone I know thinks I'm a slacker. (And then I get my report card and I prove them wrong!)

-I like arguing, I suppose, but I don't exactly pick fights with people. If someone says something that's outright not true, or stupid, I will contest it. My favorite feeling is winning an argument.

-I love my friends, and I consider a day wasted if I haven't talked to any of them.

-I can be QUITE LOUD and fast-talking if I'm comfortable enough.

-My closest friends (iNFP, ISFP, INTJ, iNTP, EnTP, iSFJ) think I'm some kind of evil genius, and that one day I will rule the world (well, except for the INTP, he's convinced HE will rule the world). They also think that if this happens, the world is screwed, because I'll forget to feed it, as if it's some kind of pet or toy I have.

-When I was younger, I used to plan utopian societies in my head, and I would spend lots of time daydreaming of myself as some character in some kind of fantasy world. Lately, though, I've decided there's little to no reason to think about potential worlds because we've got what we've got.

-I dislike making decisions, mostly because I know there's never one best answer. (And that people hate it when other people make decisions for them.)

This is the biggest point. This is Ne, isn't it? With Ni it takes time, but you find the One best way (for yourself).

-I hold myself to high standards, academically, although I put in the least amount of effort possible to reach them (which really isn't that much effort, for me). I find it hard to motivate myself for other things, like eating right and exercising enough. Or cleaning my room. Or just standing up from the couch :)

-I've been described as both quirky and stubborn.

-I like to define things and eliminate (or sometimes just FIND) loopholes.

Ne

-As you've probably noticed, for an NT, I'm very self-conscious. I wasn't always, but I've been putting extra effort into it for the past few years.

Wow... reading over this... i'd say this was TOO MUCH INFORMATION. whatever. i'm posting it.

I feel confident this sounds more ENTP. :D

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Er, okay, resurrecting this thread, because i still haven't decided on an answer

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion
Gamma Quadra - Wikisocion

Which of these do you relate to more? Gamma is ENTJ's group in socionics, Alpha is ENTP's group in socionics.

You are totally ENTP. You're analyzing and looking into this way too much, looking at all of the possibilities, which is classic Ne.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Totally ENTP.

You sound quite hesitant and a little scattered, though you have a strong, efficient personality.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
hah, okay. Excellent. I shall stop doubting my type now /whacks self in head/ Thanks!!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always like the part where they say they can't decide if they are J or P.