User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    On Myers Briggs I always get INFJ but when I take the cognitive functions tests I have gotten INFP, INFJ and INTJ.
    Just an fyi, I almost always got INFP on the cognitive functions test, and I am definitely not an INFP. When I have met real-life INFP's, with real-life Fi, I am in no way, shape, or form like them. And that's nothing against them at all - I'm just definitely not Fi-dom. So I think you have to be wary when relying on cognitive function tests.

The cognitive function test always gave me very high Fi, and I can somewhat relate to the Fi descriptions. However, I think there is a difference between relating and testing as such, and actually *embodying* the function in action, in the way that is actually meant by the words 'cognitive function'. ha. If that makes any sense.

With Myers-Briggs, in my early 20's I tested as INTJ (I think it was due to my college coursework - heavy in the math/sciences, thus I viewed myself as highly rational, logical, intellectual, and what have you), and mid to late 20's as INFJ.

(I'm just adding my comments here and there because a while ago I was totally confused about my type. But I haven't read enough of your posts to really be able to make the call. Good luck though!)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Just an fyi, I almost always got INFP on the cognitive functions test, and I am definitely not an INFP. When I have met real-life INFP's, with real-life Fi, I am in no way, shape, or form like them. And that's nothing against them at all - I'm just definitely not Fi-dom. So I think you have to be wary when relying on cognitive function tests.

The cognitive function test always gave me very high Fi, and I can somewhat relate to the Fi descriptions. However, I think there is a difference between relating and testing as such, and actually *embodying* the function in action, in the way that is actually meant by the words 'cognitive function'. ha. If that makes any sense.

With Myers-Briggs, in my early 20's I tested as INTJ (I think it was due to my college coursework - heavy in the math/sciences, thus I viewed myself as highly rational, logical, intellectual, and what have you), and mid to late 20's as INFJ.

(I'm just adding my comments here and there because a while ago I was totally confused about my type. But I haven't read enough of your posts to really be able to make the call. Good luck though!)

Yeah, FP's in general seem way different from me. They all seem soooo nice. I do not see myself that way.

I appreciate all the feedback!

MBTI
    INTJ

Hey, and I just noticed you are a 1w9. That's what I am too!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hey, and I just noticed you are a 1w9. That's what I am too!
    It seems to make the most sense for me, although recently someone brought to my attention that 5w4 is another possibility - I haven't researched it enough though to know whether that would truly make sense or not. I DO know, however, that I am not a 4 (many INF's are 4's).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, 5w4 is my second closest. I have gotten both on tests but I think I am more 1 than 5.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1 and 5?

Fi > Fe/Ti?

Okay, this is an INTJ. A polite INTJ. Unless she feels more like an NF than an NT.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    1 and 5?

Fi > Fe/Ti?

Okay, this is an INTJ. A polite INTJ. Unless she feels more like an NF than an NT.
    Polite? How do you get that? (I'm not disagreeing with you - I say please and thank you like it's my job, just curious).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You aren't an INTJ.

Read these profiles, compare and contrast and see which fits you more-

Types on a team

INFJ - On A Team
    INTJ - On A Team

INFJs see potential in people. INTJs see potential in impersonal things.

The actual profiles

INFJ
    INTJ

Te vs Fe

Extraverted Thinking: Segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not. Sorting out different colors and styles; thinking about the consequences, as in “Since I have to stand all day…”
    Extraverted Feeling: Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: “One should or shouldn’t wear…” or “People will think…”
    Read the OP to this thread. There is a section on T types and emotions- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...finitions.html
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You aren't an INTJ.

Read these profiles, compare and contrast and see which fits you more-

Types on a team

INFJ - On A Team
    INTJ - On A Team

INFJs see potential in people. INTJs see potential in impersonal things.

The actual profiles

INFJ
    INTJ

Te vs Fe

Read the OP to this thread. There is a section on T types and emotions- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...finitions.html
    Yeah, I definitely identify more with the INFJ profiles and whatnot but they don't seem too different from INTJ. How can you tell so certainly that I am not INTJ (just curious)?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I definitely identify more with the INFJ profiles and whatnot but they don't seem too different from INTJ. How can you tell so certainly that I am not INTJ (just curious)?
    It's just a feeling honestly. My best friend is an INFJ, and I've gotten close to a few INTJs. I just know.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)