User Tag List

First 12

What tests has he taken (real MBTI vs. Facebook one)? What did the real MBTI show if he took that?

What does he think about technical stuff?

Is he worn out by friends, or seemingly craving more interaction?

Does he ever go into "clown mode" or continuous, overt displays of verbal prowess and wit in front of people?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFPs are likely to keep their core principles very guarded. I do not talk about religion or politics with people, because it starts to touch on my basic ethics and that's like, the center of who I am and it leaves me feeling naked and vulnerable. So, yeah, it seems he does empathize easily with people, from this story.

Ah, so he probably has some pretty strong views but just doesn't share them? I know he's told me more than once that he finds me annoying whenever I go on one of my lectures about politics or religion. It's not stuff that he likes to really talk about. I always thought it was from lack of interest, but it could be that he just has some pretty definite views and doesn't see why it's necessary to talk about them. Like a "no one is going to change their minds about what's important to them" kind of thinking.

Haha....some of that sounds like me talking about design. Yeah, he's likely INFP. We don't necessarily get verbally get defensive, but we may just get quiet and steam internally. Sounds like he's figured out a way to appear cool under criticism, which is great if he's going to be a pro artist of some kind.
    Yeah, I think he definitely steams internally.

Oh, okay. Maybe because it's describing my dominant function I found it clearer than some profiles which gloss over certain aspects of INFPs. I suppose it's better for self-identification though.
    Nah, it's probably just me. I find it hard enough to assign the everyday language versions of the functions to behavior, much less Jung's more obscurely worded versions.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    What tests has he taken (real MBTI vs. Facebook one)? What did the real MBTI show if he took that?
    He hasn't taken the official MBTI.

What does he think about technical stuff?
    Hmm...he has no problem using different gadgets (he was into modding video game systems and all that), and he is quite adept at the computer. He was never really interested in things like programming or learning the technical details of the machinery, though. He only dealt with that kind of thing insofar as it allowed him to produce whatever art project (be it a 3D model, a little video game, etc.,) he was working on at the time.

Is he worn out by friends, or seemingly craving more interaction?
    He gets worn out by his friends a lot. They would stop by and he would passive aggressively ignore them until they got bored or got the hint and left.

Does he ever go into "clown mode" or continuous, overt displays of verbal prowess and wit in front of people?
    Yes, he definitely goes into "clown mode." He will adopt different ridiculous personae (like a ghetto person, the announcer from Cold Case Files, an over-the-top poet, Lady Elaine) and batter people down with nonsense talk. He also has streaks where he continuously makes fun of the people surrounding him using subtle, snarky remarks.

This is a tough one. He seems very well balanced on I/E and T/F. I'm going to have to go with these types, in order of probability:

1. INTP
    2. INFP
    3. ENTP
    4. ENFP

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This is a tough one. He seems very well balanced on I/E and T/F. I'm going to have to go with these types, in order of probability:

1. INTP
    2. INFP
    3. ENTP
    4. ENFP
    Hmmm...you're the only one so far who thinks he sounds remotely T. Care to say a few words about why?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...you're the only one so far who thinks he sounds remotely T. Care to say a few words about why?
    *sticks neck out a little too far*

All of these items seem T, although he could certainly still be slightly more F.

• He actively dislikes sports and sports culture. He thinks the types of people who spend a lot of mental energy on that sort of thing are "meat-headed idiots."
    • That said, he has tried to play a couple of sports in the past, namely hockey and wrestling, which he enjoyed for the short time that he lasted playing them.
    • He doesn't really ever react to conflict...when I (or anyone else) picks a fight with him, he just gets annoyed and closes down. He doesn't show a reaction.
    • Instead, he will mumble some sideways insult at you. He is a master smartass.
    • He is pretty verbally clever and takes pleasure in outwitting his friends or making fun of them in a subtle way. He has a wry sense of humor, but can sometimes be really silly too. By that I mean he takes pleasure in doing ridiculous personas and talking nonsense for fun.
    • He can be quite stingy and calculating at times. He doesn't have any problem getting the better half of a trade.
    • He is not really all that empathetic. Now I know that Fi isn't really the type of feeling to show itself outwardly, but usually I see some signs in Fi doms and auxs (such as solemnity over certain issues, being quietly ethical, etc.,). He doesn't really bother himself or get bothered about the problems plaguing other humans.
    • He is not really sensitive. If I wanted to offend him I wouldn't really know where to begin. This could just be because he keeps his sensitivities hidden, but I have never seen him offended or hurt over much of anything. When he's upset about something, it's usually because he's frustrated at what he sees as the injustice of his situation (whatever it may be at the time.) My INTJ brother gets offended and indignant more often by comparison.
    • He can have quite a "get mine" attitude, meaning that sometimes, as long as his needs have been fulfilled, he couldn't be bothered about the needs of others. This attitude shows itself only rarely, though.
    • He's not all that morally upright, and there has never been any indication of a strong value system. I mean, he does value authenticity, but he will take expediency over authenticity in most cases.
    • He is not an overall cynical person (I am...), but he has a bit of a disdain for people in general. He was always concerned with how "stupid" and "idiotic" all of his classmates were, including some of his own friends.
    I think it would be interesting to hear how someone who doesn't know him as well as you would describe him. That might clarify things due to less, but more significant, data.

Edit:
    By the way, how old is he?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Ah, so he probably has some pretty strong views but just doesn't share them? I know he's told me more than once that he finds me annoying whenever I go on one of my lectures about politics or religion. It's not stuff that he likes to really talk about. I always thought it was from lack of interest, but it could be that he just has some pretty definite views and doesn't see why it's necessary to talk about them. Like a "no one is going to change their minds about what's important to them" kind of thinking.
    Well, that's not my reason for choosing to not to talk about certain things, but I can't speak for your brother. Like I said before though, it may more of a vulnerability thing; plus it's probably conflict avoidance, as those discussions can become heated. INFPs can also be sensitive to pushing values on people. Maybe that's what he sees you as doing, and why it annoys him.

As for views being definite, well I'm not sure they have to be well defined to be kept hidden. I mean, not having definite ideas might also keep an INFP from speaking up. It's hard to say, but lack of vocalizing them doesn't mean they don't exist. Values with an INFP can be less "I believe in this, this, and this" than a general feeling about something. Until the INFP can confidently express that feeling in an articulate manner (which sometimes feels like writing a book, another reason we may avoid talking about it - it's exhausting!), they may just avoid it all together. In Jung's descriptions, he talks about "primordial images" (basic values and ideals) and how the INFP finds it difficult to express these (probably why many lean towards the arts).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

which hand do you want
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Have you had him take the cognitive functions test yet?

My first guess would be INTP. It sounds like he uses Ti, and if he's not sensitive and has no real personal value system, it makes it seem more unlikely that Fi would be his dominant function.