User Tag List

First 234

Ginkgo

My mother's not a micro-manager at all, haha. She knows how to handle large groups of people simultaneously.

My parents and I just went out to eat, and throughout that time, she would often make assessments about those around her. Ni?

In an attempt to spark a "philosophical" conversation, I asked her: "What would happen if our educational system were to degrade?" She exclaimed that, for that to happen, our judicial system would have to have been struck down beforehand. All of our current legislation would have to have been reworked. Afterward, we would have to create a new system (hopefully not in accordance with another governmental system such as Communism or something). Her explanation was very linear,and it didn't resemble Ne ramblings at all. It represented a single past-to-future outcome.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

ENFJs don't prefer Ne as a process, and neither do ESFJs, so her reply is somewhat expected.

Here are a couple of other less-MBTI-purist ways to try to tell the difference:

Try figuring out her temperament. ESFJs are Stabilizers/Guardians: The Guardian Temperament and ENFJs are Idealists/Catalysts: The Idealist Temperament

I'm guessing because she's your mum, she would be acting somewhat like a stabilizer to nurture you, and a catalyst because parents tend to want the best for their children. Maybe try figuring out her temperament based on how she interacts with her friends and acquaintances instead.

Another way you can help differentiate ESFJ and ENFJ is to look at her interaction style. ESFJs are "Get Things Going" (Get-Things-Going) while ENFJs are "In Charge" (In-Charge),

Hope these help! Regardless, it's great that you guys have a really good relationship and she sounds like a very lovely person.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with you. I was taken aback to see that she tested as an iNtuitive, because she seemed to have some communication blocks with my INFP father and I. Mind-boggling .
    She actually sounds ENFJ to me. The communication blocks are a result of different kinds of intuition...Ne for you and your Dad vs. Ni for her.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

^

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    -Whenever she is with my dog, she has the tendency to animate the dog with her voice. For instance, if he is hungry, she will say something like "Ohh I want some cheese! I'm so cute, so give me some cheese!"
    Incidentally, this is perfectly normal behaviour.

MBTI
    ENTP

My sister is ESFJ, and doesn't have many of the traits you've listed - she likes to organize her friends' closets. I'd say ESFP or ENFJ, especially the part about vocabulary. ESFJs are often good at asking questions to keep a conversation going, but don't use big words unless absolutely necessary.

Glycerine

Hands down ENFJ.