User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'd say ESFJ but ENFJ and next ESFP are probably the closest type then.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Ginkgo

Compared to other ESFJs I have met, she is not nearly as obtrusive. Nor is she as insensitive toward others' feelings. (No offense to ESFJs here, the one's that I have met are just immature teenage boys).

Glycerine

Well, try to have a philosophical conversation with her. If her eyes start glazing over after a minute, then most likely she's ESFJ. That's like the huge difference between my ESFJ dad and I. I love vague, philosophical, theoretical conversations which he gets rather impatient with. He would much rather deal w/ practical matters which tend to bore me. Also, he tends to blow up at annoyances in the present while I freak out about possible things that might occur in the future. Your mom sounds like a borderline S.

Enneagram
    1w2

Hello Tater Tot. EnFJ or EsFJ here. Please define philosophical and deep conversations plz.

It seems to me people have very strict ideas about what constitutes abstract topics, which basically means anything that's religious or classically philosophical.

If someone asked me what the meaning of life is or is there a God, I'd pluck my eyes out of their sockets and squish them in their face. Those are such hackneyed topics!

One of several questions I've been cogitating about lately is "how are women socialized to view, treat, acquire, and spend money?" Is that deep?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    One of several questions I've been cogitating about lately is "how are women socialized to view, treat, acquire, and spend money?" Is that deep?
    yes, in my mind, it is. If I asked my dad that question, he would just glaze over because to him, there would be no immediate practicality to the question or maybe he's just not very fond of Ti. Don't get me wrong, he's a very smart man but he just doesn't like going "deep" like that. But then again, people tell me I'm a very analytical person so that might have skewed the compare-contrast. I might rely on Ti way too much because of school.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    yes, in my mind, it is. If I asked my dad that question, he would just glaze over because to him, there would be no immediate practicality to the question or maybe he's just not very fond of Ti. Don't get me wrong, he's a very smart man but he just doesn't like going "deep" like that.
    But why use your father as the exemplar of what an ESFJ will talk about or is like? I had this conversation with my two ESFJ coworkers last week and I felt it was a good 30 minute or so conversation (had to get back to work!). A question like that has much immediate practical value, just depends on how you flavor it.

I feel like I live in a perpetual :rolli:. I need to stop opening threads that have ESFJ in the title.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Ginkgo

Hello Tater Tot. EnFJ or EsFJ here. Please define philosophical and deep conversations plz.
    Ok. For instance, what are the best government relations for a free market and why? Does God exist? What constitutes God existing? What is morality? Why is it important? If you woke up tomorrow and you were a purple flamingo, what would you do?
    Yes, this is a good example. Many cultures have a history of viewing women as subordinates, and therefore these (usually Patriarchal) societies have a tendency to suppress females' economic rights. I could go on, but that topic is very deep and expansive.

@ Piseleh - I actually talked with my mom about the existence of God last night. She asked me several questions about what I viewed as "ethical", and then she tried to couple my philosophies with those of Jesus in an attempt to sway my argument. It was actually quite devious of her. I'll start to experiment with more questions.

I have to say that typing my family members has really shattered my misconceptions about them. I'm not as pessimistic as I once was.

Glycerine

But why use your father as the exemplar of what an ESFJ will talk about or is like? I had this conversation with my two ESFJ coworkers last week and I felt it was a good 30 minute or so conversation (had to get back to work!). A question like that has much immediate practical value, just depends on how you flavor it.

I feel like I live in a perpetual :rolli:. I need to stop opening threads that have ESFJ in the title.
    Well, my bad. He's the one that came to my head but not necessary the best example. We all have our biases but I will be the first one to admit that I don't always have the greatest opinion of ESFJs. There's some that I really like though... the N/S divide seems to be the biggest clash for me. That's not to say that I think N is better than S. There's many things that he's much better at than I am (details, planning, knows the best practical solutions, much better at following directions, takes things as they come, good dresser, really good at history, very scheduled, better work ethic, etc...)

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    @ Piseleh - I actually talked with my mom about the existence of God last night. She asked me several questions about what I viewed as "ethical", and then she tried to couple my philosophies with those of Jesus in an attempt to sway my argument. It was actually quite devious of her. I'll start to experiment with more questions.

I have to say that typing my family members has really shattered my misconceptions about them. I'm not as pessimistic as I once was.
    I think she's ESFJ... nothing really seems to pointing to N for me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, my bad. He's the one that came to my head but not necessary the best example. We all have our biases but I will be the first one to admit that I don't always have the greatest opinion of ESFJs. There's some that I really like though...N/S divide seems to be the biggest clash for me. That's not to say that I think N is better than S. There's many things that he's much better at than I am.
    Avoiding nasty stereotypes of the various archetypes is like walking on landmines. At the same time, you never know whether people are going to take offense or agree with you. It's madness! Madness I say! The best thing to do is to consciously separate individuals from their respective stereotypes so no one else gets hurt.

Yes, you really can't say which one is better (N or S). The only resolute conclusion is that they are different. We should probably be thankful that they are different, after all, society couldn't function in it's present state without either the S's or the N's.